It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After work nap thought....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hi.

I just woke from a Friday after work nap...it was great.

So anyway I have a thought that has been lingering in my mind for a day or two and I don’t think it’s going to leave until I write it out.

It’s a thing where you may have to change your way of thinking for it to work.

But it’s only a game so don’t worry.

Let us say that someone offers you one million dollars but in exchange you will die ten years earlier than you would otherwise. So we need to assume that our lives are predetermined. If you accept the offer and you are to die within the next ten years then you will die instantly. But if you’re young then what’s ten years? Right?

So would you take the money?

edit on 5-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

A measly million? Make it ten million and we'll talk.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Invert the argument: If you had a net fortune of a million dollars and were at deaths door and a doctor walked in and said "I can give you ten more years of life, but it will cost you a million dollars" would you choose more time or to die with the money right away?

Money, gold, diamonds... all have implied value. Time is the one commodity that truly does have value. We cannot produce it, store it, purchase it, alter it.

So, no. I'd decline the offer because compared to even a minute of life, money pales in comparative significance.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Nice.

Boy, money - huh?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

jiggerj is right there. A million is barely enough to buy a decent sized house in London.
I've just depressed myself with that thought

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Quite honestly..I'd take the million and try to help loved ones with it. (though in reality it isn't that much)

I've felt for quite some time, that I will never find real peace, and true pure love on this planet , and I am just biding my time here, until I can truly go "home".

Being able to leave this crazy planet ten years sooner would be like a gift, and quite honestly I would do it for free.

The only problem is leaving the ones I care about behind, to live in this screwed up world.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I remember being a young and fresh 20 year old young man who thought he knew everything, but as time went on he realised that he actually knew next to nothing.....

I remember a friend at that time coming out with a general quote of, 'Wow, these elderly people get on my nerves, they walk slow, they talk in riddles, they just get in the way, they should cull them all off at the age of sixty.'......

I know that it was said in a jesting kind of way, but as time has gone on and I am now nearing the age of 48, that will put me to within 12 years of being 60. That in itself is very scary indeed, the years have just shot passed, the older you get the more mortal you feel compared to when I was young and I was going to live forever and I was totally immortal.....

So to have 10 years stripped off my life in return for 1 million dollars/pounds whatever, no amount of money could replace where I have been, what I have seen and who I have met in that time....

The older you get the more precious time becomes, I would like to think that I have another 10 years in me, but you never know what is around the corner, and I can definitely state that with first hand knowledge and experience after what has happened to me in just the last 5 years....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

So would you take the money?

Nope....

More money just means more problems....

Maybe if i was 80... or so

top topics

join