It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UW Madison Students: 'Unfair' That Obama Couldn't Use Teleprompter in Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
U W Madison Students: 'Unfair' That Obama Couldn't Use Teleprompter in Debate

This is alarming to say the least.

It seems the best defense of Obama was that Obama couldn't use a teleprompter ?

How 'bout all the issues that affect each American as well as other nations ?

I'm sure some students had a better perspective .... I hope.

The future of the country is in their hands ...... (good God almighty already !)

Sour Grapes and the cement is getting hard.

Thousands of President Obama supporters turned out in in Madison, Wisc., for a rally following Wednesday night’s debate in Denver. The mood was somber, to say the least, as they waited to enter Bascom Mall at the University of Wisconsin Thursday afternoon. University of Wisconsin students and fellow Wisconsinites had mixed reviews on the president's performance.

I talked to supporters of the president who had watched the debate, asking how they thought the president did. One after the other said they were left unimpressed and “not inspired,” seemingly depressed and lethargic in their continuing support of the president.

More than half the people I asked, who thought the president could have done better, said “it wasn’t fair” that President Obama was not allowed to use his teleprompter in the debate. ...............

Are people REALLY this mesmerized by Obama ?

God help us.

And besides that, how would a "teleprompter" be able to respond to direct questions and rebuttals anyway ?

edit on Oct-05-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

U W Madison Students: 'Unfair' That Obama Couldn't Use Teleprompter in Debate

This is alarming to say the least.

It seems the best defense of Obama was that Obama couldn't use a teleprompter ?

The bleeding heart liberals are butt-hurt, bro! Their boy got shellacked!

I say we follow Newt’s advice and do a Lincoln-Douglas style debate….no moderator…open dialog for 3 hours.

Newt even offered to allow Obama a teleprompter! How sad is that???

edit on 5-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
At least Romney got to sneak in some notes...

I kid, I kid...

I liked Bush better, he couldn't even read the teleprompter, formulate a proper sentence, or speak discernible English, but still drew in a good crowd.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Al Gore said it's the altitude! I can't believe how many people came up with "excuses" that Obama did badly. :shk: He lost the debate. People should just say that to themselves over and over until they feel more comfortable with it.
Perhaps some calming tea would help them accept the truth.

To be fair, most people expected him to whoop up on Romney, so both camps, right and left, were surprised. But somebody has to lose. This time it was Obama. Romney was CLEARLY prepared to debate and I thought he did a really good job.

I have my own theory about why Obama lost, but it wasn't because there was no teleprompter and it wasn't because of the altitude, Al! Jesus! I would be embarrassed if I were him.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's the second time i saw you post that you'd have your own theory why the man lost the debate, now you got me curious... malfunctioning cybercloned robot?? I wanna know.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Al Gore said it's the altitude! I can't believe how many people came up with "excuses" that Obama did badly. :shk: He lost the debate. People should just say that to themselves over and over until they feel more comfortable with it.
Perhaps some calming tea would help them accept the truth.

To be fair, most people expected him to whoop up on Romney, so both camps, right and left, were surprised. But somebody has to lose. This time it was Obama. Romney was CLEARLY prepared to debate and I thought he did a really good job.

I have my own theory about why Obama lost, but it wasn't because there was no teleprompter and it wasn't because of the altitude, Al! Jesus! I would be embarrassed if I were him.

I was not surprised. I believed Romney would win, I just thought it would be closer and most media outlets could spin it. Romney is extremely intelligent, he understands the issues, and has informed opinions he can articulate. Obama is an absent President who does great at reading speaches.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hardy har har. Someone who truly understands the system and the way things work do not need a teleprompter. If the sources for this are true than that is truly funny.
edit on 9-10-2012 by OKThunder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join