It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US third party debate scheduled for Oct 23

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
freeandequal.org...

Free and Equal Elections Foundation announced today that four candidates have confirmed their participation in the 2012 Presidential Debate at the University Club of Chicago on October 23: Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Constitution Party candidate Virgil Goode, and Justice Party candidate Rocky Anderson.

This debate is the only 2012 Presidential Debate featuring four candidates. The top six candidates were invited to participate. Democratic Party candidate and incumbent Barack Obama and Republican Party candidate Mitt Romney are welcome to participate in this historic debate. The moderator will be announced shortly.

“The four candidates participating represent a nice balance of right and left leaning candidates,” stated Christina Tobin, chair of Free and Equal. “This debate will cover the real issues facing our country such as foreign policy, the economy, and civil rights, rather than topics that further divide us.”

The MSM is all serving the two party system today. I have not seen this information anywhere. There is a third party debate scheduled for October 23 in Chicago. The lame stream media and their political cohorts are not about to let their information domination slip away but things will change even if they fight it. Today we see the diminishing power of the traditional media is losing to the alternative media because truth and free speech. The only reason this is happening is that they don't control Internet and free speech.

Notice how the two major candidates were invited but have not committed to this debate. If these two were interested in real Democracy they would enter the debate but if they do it will lend credence to the third parties.

Please delete this if it has been posted before but my search did not find it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm all about Gary Johnson. I think last nights debate was embarrassing to say the least, most people think they are the only choices , dumb and dumberer, and the fact that a viable third party candidate is excluded shows they are in cahoots, and scared, republicrats.

I don't think mittens or Hussein will attend, and unfortunately most sheep will see that and dismiss a third party debate. I for one will be watching.
edit on 4-10-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Thanks for posting this.

No way would Romney or Obama come to this. It messes up the fake story...

I'll be tuning in.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Notice how the two major candidates were invited but have not committed to this debate. If these two were interested in real Democracy they would enter the debate but if they do it will lend credence to the third parties.

You hit the nail on the head. But, I may have missed it, and apologize if I did, is this going to be on TV? I am guessing not, and hope for an internet stream. Would be interesting to watch.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Oh man this is great news I am so excited! I really hope that the two puppets show up but... Dream big eh? Anyone knowing it will be publicly broadcasted on tv?

It'll be one show that the msm doesn't want anyone to watch so prepare for distractions

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, that is excellent news! Although I believe that any POTUS is but a puppet manipulated by the shadow government, I am also an idealist who thinks that, in any fair and just election, all candidates should have a chance to speak and address the voters.

Last night's debaucle was one that I could not bear to view, due to blood pressure issues, so I declined.

However, a fair debate which invites all who are currently running, to discuss the issues, appeals to the idealist side of me, so I hope to be able to watch it.

I still am not sure I want to vote and participate in a lie, but if I decide to go, Gary Johnson is getting my vote.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Its less exciting simply because they will probably agree on most topics.

Most people would like to see these guys debate the establishment goons. Now that would be worth watching.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You will not see either establishment candidate participate in any debate with a third party. It would only serve to take votes away from both of them. For any third party candidate to have any success, it would require major pressure and massive grass roots protest against the MSM and at every debate location.

This year is too late. I predict that Obama will easily win re-election this cycle. If by some strange twist he does not.... get ready for the (race) riots to break out nationwide. ...

I have heard a few black friends talk about it already ....

So sad .....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Third parties aren't a solution either, even if they were allowed to operate. It's absolute madness that the voting public keeps buying into this Two Party jokester system again and again. I think the younger generations are starting to wise up all too late.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

You hit the nail on the head. But, I may have missed it, and apologize if I did, is this going to be on TV? I am guessing not, and hope for an internet stream. Would be interesting to watch.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

The article makes mention of live Internet streaming.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Its less exciting simply because they will probably agree on most topics.

Most people would like to see these guys debate the establishment goons. Now that would be worth watching.

Only if as many people that watch the Super Bowl start watching all of the debates. But don't hold your breath.

Hey guys..I need to vent a little. I'll "stay on target" for T&C's sake, but it hits another topic that all of you probably think about, as I do:

When are we going to say that E-NUFF is E-NUFF? I know some people are doing their own thing i.e. writing letters, holding signs, becoming lawyers, etc. But when are enough people going to COME TOGETHER and agree that we need to physically and LEGALLY do something about this?

I'm talking about making an arrest on Eric Holder for committing perjury to Congress.
I'm talking about putting Dick Cheyney, George H-dub Bush, Wolfowitz, Rice, Powell on trial for war crimes.
I'm talking about RECALLING our Senators and House of Reps when they don't do what WE say.
I'm talking about standing in front of every-single-Governor's-office in every state and demand that they repeal legislation like the NDAA and Patriot Act or THEY GO TO JAIL FOR TREASON.

We talk and type and conversate and hypothesize and corroborate and analyze and do everything except ACT.

Honestly, I don't know what is holding us back from getting together. How many people come to ATS on a daily basis for news? How about InfoWars, RT, CommuteFaster, godlikePro.? I think there's a few million right people there...

So what's STOPPING us? We can put an end to this 2 party BS by doing one simple thing: putting certain people in JAIL. Period. It doesn't matter if they are protected, because no one could subdue even 5,000 people trying to arrest someone like Eric Holder.....BUT WE HAVEN'T TRIED THAT YET, have we?

I'm not trying to bash you all, I'm trying to plant a seed in your minds. I'm trying to get you to act rationally and consistantly against your senator/representative to make them PANIC. We must strike fear into our Government because right now, they are laughing all the way to the Federal Reserve bank.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I really think hulk hogan is going to win the championship belt the defending champ obama does not stand a chance.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hope it will be shown on TV but doubt it will be.

Rocky Anderson is my personal favorite, but I may make a strategic vote and throw my vote at Johnson even though I like him less than Rocky. I think Johnson will get the most votes because he's the most well known, and since none will actually win, getting the most votes to the 3rd party leader will send more of a message.
edit on 4-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
this is fantastic, i will be watching for sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think the ATS crowd will appreciate this interview from Rocky

here's some more for people who aren't familiar with him.

edit on 5-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by mahatche because: Removing videos that repeated points in the longer videos

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OperationIraqiFailure

Civility hasn't yet broken down, that will happen when those in power are no longer able to provide police, fire and medical personnel with paychecks or supplies, shut down our education etc., basically a government shutdown which they have avoided by a hairs width will have to happen. No more gas, food and fun means back to business.

I think many in congress are very paranoid of this hence more and more Public servants falling to all mighty lobbyist dollar.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I don't think the candidates there will agree on "most" issues. The Libertarians, for example, are in favor of personal freedom but they are also in favor of letting big business do whatever it wants to, including rolling over most of us. They are basically Ayn Randians like Paul Ryan. Not all the candidates think that's a good thing.

I would be especially interested in hearing Jill Stein, though. I think I agree with her on many issues but would need to hear more.

Will try to catch it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

Notice how the two major candidates were invited but have not committed to this debate.

is this going to be on TV?
I am guessing not, and hope for an internet stream.

the last sentence of the OP posted Link spells it out plainly...

...The debate will be broadcast online at www.freeandequal.org.
Several additional live feeds will be announced shortly as Free & Equal finalizes its media sponsors.

i seriously doubt that any MSM broadcasters, let alone PBS, CNN, local government TV, or CSPAN III will carry the debate over TV.... it will be restricted to the on-line streaming, knowledge seekers only...
~the additional Live feeds will likely be sites like PrisonPlanet.tv & or infowars.com to name two candidates that spread truth...~

after all, unemployment is falling measurably in these last few weeks preceeding the election...all is right in MudVille

ADD:

what the debate sponser should do is have the respective Political Parties (dems/repubs) empty chairs sitting there on the stage along with the 3rd Party Nominees alert at their podiums, ready to engage in Debate... with a stuffed toy donkey & elephant placed on each appropriate seat
edit on 5-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With today's world you don't need the lame stream media, the tools exist to get the word out so you can have millions of views (if this debate is recorded)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
JILL STEIN, BABY!!!!!!!!

Voting should be about voting for the person who represents you as an individual, not because you think they can win or because the media told you to do so. The election has become a popularity contest and it's repulsive.

Enact the Full Employment Program which will directly provide 25 million green jobs in sustainable energy, mass transit, sustainable organic agriculture, and clean manufacturing, as well as social work, teaching, and and other service jobs.

Provide grants and low-interest loans to green businesses and cooperatives, with an emphasis on small, locally-based companies that keep the wealth created by local labor circulating in the community, rather than being drained off to enrich absentee investors.

Provide full protection for workplace rights, including the right to a safe workplace and the right to organize a union without fear of firing or reprisal by passing the Employee Free Choice Act.

Support the formation of worker-owned cooperatives to provide alternatives to exploitative business models.

Reduce the budget deficit by restoring full employment, cutting the bloated military budget, and cutting private health insurance waste.

Maintain and upgrade our nation's essential public infrastructure, including highways, railways, electrical grids, water systems, schools, libraries, and the Internet, resisting privatization or policy manipulation by for-profit interests.

Provide complete, affordable, quality health care for every American through an improved Medicare-for-all insurance program.

Oppose the Online Piracy Act and all other legislation that would undermine freedom and equality on the Internet.

Issue an Executive Order prohibiting Federal agencies from conspiring with local police to infringe upon right of assembly and peaceful protest.

Repeal the Patriot Act that violates our constitutional right to privacy and protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Repeal the unconstitutional provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act that gives the president the power to indefinitely imprison and even assassinate American citizens without due process.

AND more.

Stein's Stances

edit on 5-10-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join