It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generational Curses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of a specific case that they would like to share? My family had a curse placed 300 years ago to not to multiply over 20 familes. We have only recently broken that mark. The other sides of the tribal family tree went over twenty many many years ago. Than again it could have just been a legend.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Through personal experience, I can verify that they are very real. Each time a curse was broken, I felt a huge burden lift & allowed me to be more of my true self than I was before. I should note that I'm approaching this subject as a supernaturally-aware/active Christian perspective (non-religious).
edit on 4-10-2012 by CrimsonKnight13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
can curses be broken?? i assume you would need to know what curse was put on you in the first place.

just asking because i remember as a child an old gypsy woman cursing me and my mum tbh hasnt been the worst life but not exactly great either.

would love to hear more about curses

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am convinced my wife's family was cursed at some point in the distant past. As far back as we have been able to trace, the first born is always a female and is not raised by the biological father...This is true for my oldest, I am her Daddy, but not the Biological "donor" if you will...Same for my wife, her Mom, Her Mom's Mom, and on and on and on...I would love to find out if this is in fact a curse or if it's just coincidence...If it's a coincidence it's a pretty strange one...Oh and the Monster-in-Law is a big genealogy freak and has been able to trace her families history further back than I want to listen to, every time she visits...I have tried to bring it up to her, she doesn't seem to want to talk about it, which to me is odd considering the genealogy thing....Something that she doesn't want to share? Or just a sore spot all things considered? Anyway, when I saw the title of the post, this is what popped in my head....Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, must be....well you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I often wonder if my family was cursed. We are the personification of Murphy's Law through and through. If it CAN happen, it WILL happen. Nothing is ever simple and straight forward.

A few examples off the top of my head...I had a problem every single semester I was in college. My papers always get lost. My fed aid would be delayed. Forms have to be signed 2-3 times because they disappear. On and on.

When I came to my graduation, I wasn't on the list and had to be added last minute.

My teaching certification got rejected because the school had filed my stuff and forgot about it. After I called to find the problem, they found my file in the wrong cabinet and had no idea why it wasn't done correctly.

I applied for a job at a school and never got called for an interview. I found out that my application somehow got lost in the others and they thought I had changed my mind about applying.

When I started the process of consolidating my loans, the websites gave me an error the company had never SEEN before and didn't know how to fix.

I applied to be a substitute at my local school and never heard anything. After a month or so I called and they had put my application in the wrong file and hadn't put me on the list.

I can't tell you how often I hear " We've never seen this before.", "This never happens", "I have no idea why you are the only one this happened to.", "You are an unusual case."

Just a few weeks ago our check to the internet company was lost after I gave it to them.

These are all just examples that I can recall in the last few months. It is so common now I except issues to arise when I try to do anything. This is the same for everyone in my family. Heck, my uncle was the only one in his graduating class who didn't get his diploma because they lost it.

I'd love a way to find a curse in the family and a way to fix it!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Many years ago I was encouraged to read a book by Derek Prince on the subject of generational blessings and curses.
The name of the book is simply, "Blessings and Curses"

It is a short read, maybe no more than 1/3 of an inch thick, but it contains a lot of information from a Biblical perspective, if you're interested in that angle.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Supposedly Tecumseh put a curse on every American President who's term was divisible by 20. Reagan barely escaped it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
According to Isaiah the generational curse of Yahweh was nullified -- I will have to get the chapter and verse. Of course, for Christians the curse of the fall remains in place saved for the saved.

Almost all the posts are very interesting, thanks alot. I often wonder if these are either:

1)Mathematical coincidences based on probability
2)Negativity in some energic form metaphysically going from one generation to the next.
3)A curse
4)Negative unknown entities latching themselves on families

My line of the family was from the oldest son and, according to oral history, our anscestral father cursed his firstborn before he died.

A part of me wants to believe because probability seems emptier than some type of "paranormal" explanation. But wanting to believe should not overpower the search for the truth.

I feel bad for the folks who have it rough.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I often wonder if my family was cursed. We are the personification of Murphy's Law through and through. If it CAN happen, it WILL happen. Nothing is ever simple and straight forward.

A few examples off the top of my head...I had a problem every single semester I was in college. My papers always get lost. My fed aid would be delayed. Forms have to be signed 2-3 times because they disappear. On and on.

When I came to my graduation, I wasn't on the list and had to be added last minute.

My teaching certification got rejected because the school had filed my stuff and forgot about it. After I called to find the problem, they found my file in the wrong cabinet and had no idea why it wasn't done correctly.

I applied for a job at a school and never got called for an interview. I found out that my application somehow got lost in the others and they thought I had changed my mind about applying.

When I started the process of consolidating my loans, the websites gave me an error the company had never SEEN before and didn't know how to fix.

I applied to be a substitute at my local school and never heard anything. After a month or so I called and they had put my application in the wrong file and hadn't put me on the list.

I can't tell you how often I hear " We've never seen this before.", "This never happens", "I have no idea why you are the only one this happened to.", "You are an unusual case."

Just a few weeks ago our check to the internet company was lost after I gave it to them.

These are all just examples that I can recall in the last few months. It is so common now I except issues to arise when I try to do anything. This is the same for everyone in my family. Heck, my uncle was the only one in his graduating class who didn't get his diploma because they lost it.

I'd love a way to find a curse in the family and a way to fix it!

Sadly, unfortunately, I can relate ... and then some.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Are curses even possible? I am intrigued. I need to know what can be and what can't be done. Wicca's roots go deep in the past, which means its effectiveness has some coherence.
edit on 5-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Are hereditary curses possible?

I do not know. There is NO hard evidence that can be verified besides a phenomenon of extremely bad luck that runs through a family usually resembling itself greatly across generations. That said, I suppose one can right it off as:

1)An anamoly that is explainable by chance mathematically. For example, out of the hundreds of millions of families that live or have ever lived there are bound to be certain ones that constantly have an "evil star" over them.
2)The anamoly is explained by descendants convincing themselves of the curse and subconciously bringing it into reality.
3)There is no anamoly but a subjective view of bad luck biased by a gloomy outlook that clouds one's objectivity.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As far as Wicca is concerned the religion being practiced today has little resemblance to the "pagan" religions of yore. It is more or less a 20th century creation. Paganism was destroyed by brute force, praises Jezzus and Allah.

If curses do exist I do not see how Wicca can counteract it. I imagine it is a effective as Judeo-Christian-Islamic methods (which is nill).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You're presuming quite a lot & discounting any possibilities at the same time. Why exactly did you make this thread again?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
To discuss the matter, that's all. I can not say anything for sure because I do not know why or what is the cause behind what is happening so I just just jot down ideas for and against it.

Do I sound presumptive? I apologize because I'm not. I also tend to be sarcastic, especially when it comes to organized religion. I realize I should bring it down a notch.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Are hereditary curses possible?

There is a concept called a '4 Generation Curse".

i once asked an angel this "What do you mean by "rededicate". Is a bloodline/tradition some sort of family battery that needs recharging every four generations?"

response

That's basically the idea...YHWH stated that the children receive the curses of the fathers up to 4 generations..at that point it's like a lease that needs to be renewed by the family in order to continue giving the entity rights.

When an invasive entity is possessing a person, it has some manner of right granted to it in order for that to be. If those grounds are never addressed, the entity never has to leave. That right can be generational (something your ancestors did) or it can be personal sin. When a sin-right for an entity to stay is ancestral, they often push the current host to continue the transgression in order to seal that host as theirs for their lifetime and pass on to the next generation.

Try this www.logoschristian.org... verifying what the angel said.

"These familiar spirits move from one body to another, from one generation to the next generation, reporting intimate details of a past life. This is also know as a generational curse. The original soul that inhabited that body is demonically supplanted with the wandering spirit of a Nephilim."

This might shock you...

A wandering nephil spirit can also be implanted pre-natally usually in a fetus who are themselves of nephil descent...this is called a "moon child". Both of these sorts will pass down generationally for four generations without renewal of the "contract". It can become confusing to explain because a person can be both Physically the product of a nephil bloodline and also have the spirit of a much older raphah within that physical body. In fact rephaim cannot take up residence in a body which is purely human.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

This "angel" seems to talk more like a fallen one than a true being of light. Some of its facts are... shall we say questionable against certain knowledge that says otherwise. Such is a spirit that needs to be tested no differently than any other in regards to what its agenda is & to where its allegiances fall.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by CrimsonKnight13
This "angel" seems to talk more like a fallen one than a true being of light. Some of its facts are... shall we say questionable against certain knowledge that says otherwise. Such is a spirit that needs to be tested no differently than any other in regards to what its agenda is & to where its allegiances fall.

You are correct.

One fact that shocked me when i asked the repented fallen seraph was this...

'are we surrounded by many angels, both good and bad seeing that this world is about to go into the 7 Year Tribulation?'
The respose was...
'many of YHWH's angels are with Him now in Heaven and havn't even witnessed sin.'

So it seems that this world is currently occupied with mortals, all fallen men of G_d and low level men of G_d. Low level angels would be like Messengers and Guides.

its agenda

A lot of what i have said on ATS is information from the angels' website and emails. However, information concerning the Rephaim and nephilim seems to fall on deaf ears even though there is proof in Numbers 13:33 verifying that the nephilim still exist today.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
All curses can be removed by the power and authority of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My mother always claimed she could curse people and when i was younger I never believed her. she worked in the legal / judicial system , and sometimes criminals would make threats towards us , and other threatening actions. My mother claimed she would only curse someone id needed ,if they hurt or attempted to hurt her family or loved ones. ..and that 48 hours-ish later something bad would happen to them. like a broken leg, or car accident. I always thought it was odd, and tried it once,on a friend who stole from me, but it didn't work. ..maybe it skips a generation! Lol!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
As far as Wicca is concerned the religion being practiced today has little resemblance to the "pagan" religions of yore. It is more or less a 20th century creation. Paganism was destroyed by brute force, praises Jezzus and Allah.

If curses do exist I do not see how Wicca can counteract it. I imagine it is a effective as Judeo-Christian-Islamic methods (which is nill).

Not true, Christianity, or rather Charlemagne only persecuted Germanic Chieftains, not the commoners. The Arian and Catholic Churches used a strategy of building Christian Churches near Pagan holy sites and over time converting more and more people over a few centuries. Ironically, most of the people who died due to Christian persecution where other Christians.......

Hence why the Arian Church is a dead Church........

Islam though, yeah they where brutal. The converted North Africa and the Middle East rapidly. And they often targeted the commoners(as the Pagan and Christian Nobility was outright executed) for the whole "convert or die" thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join