It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story on the "shadow men"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi guys, I was looking at someone else's story on this and it reminded me that I had been meaning to write the story of what happened to me personally when I was 4-5 years old.
Of course the memory is a little hazy since its been some time since I was about 5 years old but nonetheless I think I remember enough.

I've always had the paranormal associated with my life(not by choice) you can see this In my other thread, but this was my first encounter with anything paranormal and it was one of the only face to face encounters I've had. I'll quit rambling. Basically I had this entity that I named "Tonsippi" for whatever reason and he was literally a shadow with no distinguished face or anything. Whenever my room was completely dark he would appear and was very mean, I remember this accordion type instrument being put in my back and I could never breathe. Its strange but he always "came out" of the same corner of my room. So this occurred enough that I slept with my door wide open and with a night lite and whenever I did that nothing happened. My uncle stayed in my room one night when i gone and actually described a similar thing. He consistently visited me for a few months until one day when my grandmother had enough and told me she was taking him away, now I don't know if he actually went away, or it just seemed like it because that's what I believed and my mind didn't allow me to see him.

What do you guys think? I've often thought about it and it always gets me thinking.
Thanks for whatever input!
Have a good day everyone!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As someone who has never experienced anything remotely paranormal despite my belief in a lot of it, there is not much i can say. There are only a couple of explanations

1. All of this really happened and the paranormal exists and you just had bad luck.
2. You believe all of this happened but it did not and it was just your imagination.
3. You were having nightmares and your grandpa just told you the same so you would not feel alone.
4. You are lying about the events.

Depending on who you ask the explanation will differ. I have to lean towards 2 or 3 and possibly 4 in that order because i have no experience with the paranormal.

How old are you?

edit on 3-10-2012 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

16. I am not lying I can assure you, due to the fact that I have nothing to gain. The thing about it is I remember enough for me to be cautious about it being just a dream. But I am not saying it was a ghost necessarily. What make me lean towards it being a real thing is that most of my family remembers is happening and it is even brought up occasionally
Thanks for the input!
edit on 3-10-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have seen a similar shadow person before. It's interesting that you said it always came out of the same place in the wall. I saw a shadow person crawl out of a wall in my backyard. About a year later I saw a shadow person come into my room through a wall. My cousin was with me at the time and actually saw it first. The interesting thing is that the shadow person came through the wall closest to the wall I saw it crawl out of in the backyard. This same wall I saw it initially crawl out of was right next to my sisters bedroom wall. She on several occasions saw the shadow person standing over her bed.

Neither her nor I ever got a threatening feeling from this shadow person. We all described it more or less the same as what you described being a solid black mass with no eyes or facial features. I remember the two times I saw it it appeared to look very different. The first o e crawling out the wall in the backyard was a 6 foot tap muscular man. The one in my bedroom was a short cloak shaped figure. My sister said hers all looked like a wizened old man but all in shadow.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi glad to see your back and you have decided to share more of your
experiences really interesting !!!

Oh I meant ask is Tonsippi the young boy or the indian your mom
has seen.
edit on 03/30/09 by starlitestarbrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I loved the story! It's amazing how much we don't know about the topic.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Hey star! I've been on here daily but I've stayed away from the paranormal just because I got burnt out.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

I'm confused. Is your grandmother still living, or is she dead and came to you in a dream?
If she came in a dream, I would say she is protecting you from this "thing". The fact your uncle experienced a similar thing verifies this was not your imagination.

I have posted this video from my thread in several threads that talks about shadow people. PLEASE watch the video!
Certain shadow people can literally suck the life out of you over a period of time. The fact you felt it on your chest concerns me deeply! This is where they go to drain the life out of humans. The father in this house in the video eventually had a heart attack that killed him. Amy, the medium in the video, attributes his passing to the shadow being that was attacking him over a number of years.
The video is here in my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I believe it's possible that if you fall into the rabbit hole of fear, superstition, and the paranoia that seems to go along with these experiences for most people, you could possibly only exacerbate the situation and actually feed it, making it worse, and probably end up one of those people who has to constantly 'cleanse' and banish their dwellings. For myself, I never felt any reason to fear anything, besides being startled, and the phenomenon ended with no help from myself.

And what about 'shadow women'? You never seem to hear about those. Spirits, yes. Shadows, none that I've heard of.
edit on 3-10-2012 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Well you havnt been on ATS long my friend! Check this forum, its very.common for people to.see shadow people. There were a few threads on it just today.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Ill watch the video when i get home! And your are mistaken, its my fault for not clarifying. My grandmother was and is alive when all that happened. She physically was there.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

I've been perusing these boards for years, and I have been an experimenting occultist and paranormal investigator for over thirty years, and have had more than one encounter with 'shadows'. Thanks for the advice, though.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
OP i see what i can only describe as "shadow people" seen them since i was young. unfortuantely when i see a dark shadow it means imminent doom an it never fails to manifest grrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It is possible that it may have been a psychic projection of someone you know (consciously or unconsciously) who wanted to do harm to you. There are of course many other possibilities, psychological or supernatural. Thanks for sharing your experience though!

top topics

join