It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
To think someone can't have morals, and know what is right or wrong, without believing in God is simply ridiculous.

That is the sort of nonsense spread by the church to increase the size of their collection plates.

Is there anything that capitalism hasn't corrupted? The Church is just another business exploiting the working class.

Thats true, the question is what defines their morales.
Some athesits say homosexuality is good, some say bad. Some say life has no value others have an opposite opinion.
What is right and wrong and who are you to judge?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Originally posted by Arsenis
The absence of belief is not a religion, not believing in pink unicorns is not faith.
I am not even atheist but just as there are trolls posing as atheist to battle christian trolls has noting to do with anything other than debating something that can really be debated. people believe whatever they want to when there are no real answers yet some people are so eager to place blame in something or someone to justify their belief.

this road ends nowhere just get the terms right is what I am getting to.

I beg to differ, Anusnis. Believe it or not there are peeps who believe and worship pink unicorns. The rest of of us dont give a crap, so therefore do not fall under the definition of belief...simply because we don't care about the unicorn.

Atheist care and put effort into believing there is no God because there is an opposite...people who believe in God. If there was no religious beliefs, Atheist would be the group that believe in pink unicorns. No, one cares and just think you are retarded.

You even stated it yourself, "people believe whatever they want to when there are no real answers."
That is the truest definition of faith and believing but that is where you fail. You can't comprehend that Atheism is a religion...along with the rest of the Atheist world. When you practice a belief in something, that is a religion because you practice the belief and then on top of that; argue that God doesn't exist.

With all that being said, if you don't want to be in the religion; Atheism. Then by all means, be the individual that doesn't believe in God and doesn't argue with religion because you simply don't care. Believe in the pink unicorn...if you catch my pun.

edit on 3-10-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Yes there are bigger hypocrites than athiest's

Priest's that enjoy kiddy doodles.

Yet their are many atheists who think kiddy doodles are ok as well and push for kiddy marriage. To them thats ok. What right have you to deny them what they see as right

Priests, and I am not a Catholic, should know better. Sex outside of marriage is not acceptable to christians. They condemn themselves.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

I've never had an atheist preach to me, try to convert me, knock on my door early Saturday morning, or tell me that I'm a sinner who's going to burn in hell for all eternity simply because I have different beliefs. Atheist aren't actively trying to change laws to restrict my rights, they don't tell me that my place as a woman is to be subservient to a man, and the ones that I have encountered seem to be truly good people who do things because it's the right thing to do, and not because they're afraid of eternal damnation and punishment at the hands of an all loving god.

I respect that.

I suspect they cant convert you because you are already an atheist and you accept the doctrine.
They actively try to convert non atheists to atheism, right here on ats. Go see for yourself

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Originally posted by ANOK
To think someone can't have morals, and know what is right or wrong, without believing in God is simply ridiculous.

That is the sort of nonsense spread by the church to increase the size of their collection plates.

Is there anything that capitalism hasn't corrupted? The Church is just another business exploiting the working class.

Ignorance at it's finest. While your beginning statement is true. How can you expect someone to have morals and values, when none have been instilled? I must have missed the memo where the kids from Columbine High School, where religious or the Virgina Tech shooter.

I know what you are thinking. The actions of certain individuals shouldn't brand everyone. No, it shouldn't. If they we're true believers in Christ and or God, this would not have even crossed their minds. And yes, there is a different in Christians and any other religion. The church has their Sunday goers and then the 365 day believers.

The difference between the 2, is the very fact of how they carry themselves. Every time I get into an argument about judgement with Christian believer, most automatically believe they are saved if they go to church on Sunday and believe in God/Christ. WRONG! You are saved and judged by how you carry yourself on this planet. Doing the right thing when all that looks good is the wrong thing. It's not chemistry or rocket science but we can do an experiment with it.

A person drops a 20 dollar bill. An Atheist or something who isn't strong with their faith, don't say anything. Except move in to pick up the money and pocket it. A true Christian sees and person drop money. They quickly go, pick it up and let the owner know; they dropped some money.

With all that being said. If I had to pick between an Atheist or Christian to be with me in a fox hole. That Christian would be in the hole with me. I can put my faith in this person that hopefully they will have my back. While it still isn't 100% that this person will have my back, at least I know where they are coming from and not so much with the Atheist. And this relates to my life because I am actually in the military. More so than none I have been thrown under the bus by an Atheist than a Church goer. I had an Atheist military member, try to get me prison time for something I didn't do because he thinks everyone lies and no one tells the truth. So, based on his beliefs and actions, I automatically a liar. I ruined his career with what he pulled because of his LACK of morals and values.

I hope all of you can form your own opinion about what is stated above and maybe be enlightened to the facts.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
i'm shocked and surprised by some of the bigoted replies on here already.

being an atheist doesn't automatically mean a bad person. not believing in a god doesn't make anybody a bad person, it just makes them able to decide for themselves what is right and wrong. what a ludicrous idea that an atheist would make wrong choices just because they've not been indoctrinated into a pigeon hole religion.

we are adults, with the brains we have we are all able to make choices, including whether to believe in any kind of deity or not. there are some people that can actually make the right choices ALL by themselves, without having any kind of silly religious background.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Atheists don't have a standard ?

I'm sort of an atheist...I have standards...they are called:

peace, harmony, compassion, love and tolerance.

Don't need any book or higher spiritual authority to make me be that way. If you spend time to think about the world and yourself as an individual, these things come naturally to any sane person able to add 2 and 2 together. I don't need to be afraid of the God or the rapture or the final judgement to be a good person. I just choose to be. No fear, no threats, no promise of everlasting paradise...no end game. Being good because it's the right thing to do.

I dare to proclaim, had I ever been more involved with the religions, I would not have been as free as I feel today. I have never loved people more than I do now.

I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life.

edit on 3-10-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Atheists dont have a standard law or morale standard other than what is forced upon them by the secular society.
If they want to love gays thats fine, if they want to hate gays thats fine as well. No one is right or wrong as there is no standard applied.

Having the freedom to draw your own conclusions. To live and to learn about life as it really is, here and now.

Following a specific religion w/ specific beliefs is like riding a bike with training wheels. No effort is necessary to stay balanced, but you can't do much other than ride on flat ground and go in a straight line. But your really not getting the full experience, until you take those training wheels off. Only then will you feel the freedom and pleasure of "riding a bike".

You can travel using intuition, drawing from knowledge gained through personal experiences, down a variety of paths unavailable on a bike with the restrictions of training wheels.

Atheism isnt as much about "not believing in God" as it is "having an open-mind" and not taking anything your "told" as being truth. NOBODY truly knows what, if anything, happens when you die. In fact, there is NO possible way of ever KNOWING in our lifetime. When you are able to accept that, you are on your way to being able to see religion for what it truly is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

being an atheist doesn't automatically mean a bad person. not believing in a god doesn't make anybody a bad person, it just makes them able to decide for themselves what is right and wrong. what a ludicrous idea that an atheist would make wrong choices just because they've not been indoctrinated into a pigeon hole religion.

we are adults, with the brains we have we are all able to make choices, including whether to believe in any kind of deity or not. there are some people that can actually make the right choices ALL by themselves, without having any kind of silly religious background.

"i'm shocked and surprised by some of the bigoted replies on here already."

I'am shocked, that you are giving advice before reading the rest of the posts and echo everything I just typed. Obvious Atheist, is Atheist.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Yes there are bigger hypocrites than athiest's

Priest's that enjoy kiddy doodles.

Yet their are many atheists who think kiddy doodles are ok as well and push for kiddy marriage. To them thats ok. What right have you to deny them what they see as right

Priests, and I am not a Catholic, should know better. Sex outside of marriage is not acceptable to christians. They condemn themselves.

they dont have to be atheists or priests, kiddy fiddlers come from all walks of lfe. Your statement is so generalizing to be offensive, like there are no kiddy fiddlers except atheists, show me documented evidence that atheists are pushing for kiddy marriage, more than some religions. As it stands there is only 1 main stream religion that pushes for that, oh and they cant stand atheists or anyone else who doesn't believe in their sky fairy

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

I'am shocked, that you are giving advice before reading the rest of the posts and echo everything I just typed. Obvious Atheist, is Atheist.

a. i wasn't giving advice, i was giving an opinion.
b. i read all the posts, i took my time formulating a reply therefore i hadn't seen yours when i posted mine, with there being a 5 minute time difference you could probably have figured that out for yourself.
c. i didn't 'echo' everything you just said, i wrote my own at the same time you were writing yours.
d. atheist is atheist, correct. that doesn't make them a bad or judgmental person.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
On a day to day basis, I interact with people, and do not care nor know if they are Christian or Atheist or whatever else. A bum on the street begging me for change is a bum on the street, not a Christian or Atheist. My auto mechanic is just that, my auto mechanic. I don't get these blanket group generalizations. They only exist on TV screens, political (and religious,) radio broadcasts, and the like. IN REAL LIFE, you are just another human and judged for your actions and not your beliefs. I could care less what someone believes, what I care about is how they act.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
First of all, *than.

Secondly, I'll assume you're a radical Christian. I'm not atheist, I used to think I was, but luckily I found my religion and it's helped me a lot along life's path.

Well, Christian. If Christians are so nice, please do explain "The Crusades". Where mobs of Christians just went around and killed anyone that didn't believe. Do explain the Salem Witch Trials where anyone accused of even the slightest difference was killed.

Now it's not all Christians faults, how about it's close cousins; Muslim and Judaism. Thousands of Muslims are killed each day for their beliefs and 6,000,000 Jewish folk were killed in the holocaust. All because of beliefs.

So is it wrong for Atheists to NOT have beliefs?

By the way, I'm Pagan and to my knowledge no one has died in the name of Paganism.
edit on 3-10-2012 by johnwilkesbooth because: cant' make fun of someone for a typo then make one

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by borntowatch

Atheists don't have a standard ?

I'm sort of an atheist...I have standards...they are called:

peace, harmony, compassion, love and tolerance.

Don't need any book or higher spiritual authority to make me be that way. If you spend time to think about the world and yourself as an individual, these things come naturally to any sane person able to add 2 and 2 together.

I dare to proclaim, had I ever been more involved with the religions, I would not have been as free as I feel today. I have never loved people more than I do now.

I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life.

O'RLY?

"Atheists don't have a standard ?"

How many times a week do you speed and cut people off. Don't lie to me, because I have yet to see anyone on the road not speed.

Isn't having standards being respectful to one another? How is speed and cutting people off, being respectful?

"I dare to proclaim, had I ever been more involved with the religions, I would not have been as free as I feel today. I have never loved people more than I do now."

Lying is wrong and not part of having standards.
As a Non Denominational Christian, I have stood by homosexuals, murders, thief's, sex offenders. I have given poor people rides to their destinations. Do you know why I stand by everyone?

John 15:12: Love each other as I have loved you.

How many of you would stand by any of those individuals? Most of you will lie and said you have, when you truly haven't. My Uncle is being tried for murder because of what happened to his wife. Best guy to being around, definitely could make you laugh. My military job, we handle the personal effects from fallen soldiers. An individual thought it would be alright to steal from one of them. While all these Atheists wanted to kill him, I stood by him. Another gentleman in our shop, got caught soliciting sex from a minor. Again, while all the Atheists wanted to kill him, I stood by him.

All of you think you do good by saying things like "I'm going to beat the crap out of both of them." Is not having standards.

And this:
"I have broken off the religious path in my elementary school days...best decision of my life"

Is not having standards but more being closed minded.

Sorry truth hurts brother

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

a. i wasn't giving advice, i was giving an opinion.
b. i read all the posts, i took my time formulating a reply therefore i hadn't seen yours when i posted mine, with there being a 5 minute time difference you could probably have figured that out for yourself.
c. i didn't 'echo' everything you just said, i wrote my own at the same time you were writing yours.
d. atheist is atheist, correct. that doesn't make them a bad or judgmental person.

My fault

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thats true, the question is what defines their morales. Some athesits say homosexuality is good, some say bad. Some say life has no value others have an opposite opinion. What is right and wrong and who are you to judge?

But homosexuality is not an issue that should concern anyone really.

Whether you agree with it or not, it's not your business.

That is not a moral issue. Murder, rape, theft, those are moral issues. Issues that actually effect and hurt other people. What someone does in the privacy of their home is their business and only their business.

It's the "Christians" that make it an issue, and try to tell us what is right and wrong, and judge people for their life choices. I would call that immoral.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Did you really just ask; How can one expect to have morals and values without them being instilled? Are you suggesting that the church is the only place to get "morals and values"? First off, those "morals and values" are so outdated, they should be obsolete. Get with the times already.

Second, the best source of "morals and values" come from your parents, teachers and anyone/everyone in which you have a personal relationship with, on any level.

And to suggest that the Colombine shootings would not have happenned if they'd have been going to church on sundays, is ummm...... RIDICULOUS. The only affect that would have had is instead of a "school" shooting, it probably would have been a "church" shooting.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Ignorance at it's finest. While your beginning statement is true. How can you expect someone to have morals and values, when none have been instilled? I must have missed the memo where the kids from Columbine High School, where religious or the Virgina Tech shooter.

So they did that because they weren't religious? And you talk about ignorance?

You don't need to believe in God to have morals instilled in you. I am my own living proof, and thousands of other people across the world that did not have religious upbringings. Not all countries are so militantly religious as America.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

no problem
misunderstandings happen.

i have no belief in a god, but i know the difference between right and wrong and will do my best to adhere to my own personal beliefs. i don't steal, i don't advocate any wrong doing, i advocate peace, harmony, all those things that the previous poster before me had said... it's idealistic, and atheist, but not wrong or bad. there's room in this world for all beliefs, and non beliefs... surely all those religions preach all that is good... what is wrong with the idea that we can be inherently good without having to belief in something we're told to believe in?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
First of all, *than.

Secondly, I'll assume you're a radical Christian. I'm not atheist, I used to think I am, but luckily I found my religion and it's helped me a lot along life's path.

Well, Christian. If Christians are so nice, please do explain "The Crusades". Where mobs of Christians just went around and killed anyone that didn't believe. Do explain the Salem Witch Trials where anyone accused of even the slightest difference was killed.

Now it's not all Christians faults, how about it's close cousins; Muslim and Judaism. Thousands of Muslims are killed each day for their beliefs and 6,000,000 Jewish folk were killed in the holocaust. All because of beliefs.

So is it wrong for Atheists to NOT have beliefs?

By the way, I'm Pagan and to my knowledge no one has died in the name of Paganism.

I'm pretty sure the Protestants hung the witches at Salem. Catholics burn witches, while Protestants hang.

The Crusades we're Catholics, with the goal of returning Christian access to the holy sites in Jerusalem. The Crusades have way too much secrecy behind them. Most claim it was to actually retrieve the holy artifacts of Jesus. Really don't have much in common with Christians besides the fact, that they killed in the name of God, But on the other hand...a lot of people we're Christian during the KKK rallies.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. You have your Shiites and the Sunni, both read the Koran but have very different beliefs. Same goes for Christians and Baptists. Nothing has really changed between the two. The media just likes to show other wise.

The Jews we're an easy target my an economic torn Germany. Going after the Muslims wouldn't have been very helpful in Hilter's persuading of Germany. In fact, Hitler actually blamed the killing of Jesus on the Jews and that was actually a huge persuasion factor during WW2 because the main religion at the time in German was Protestant.

Before anyone rips on me Protestant and Christianity are two different religions with different rules.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join