It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns European governments against supporting Palestinians at UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

US warns European governments against supporting Palestinians at UN

www.guardian.co.uk

Private memo threatens 'significant negative consequences' if Palestinian Authority succeeds in obtaining enhanced status

The United States has warned European governments against supporting a Palestinian bid for enhanced status at the United Nations, saying such a move "would be extremely counterproductive" and threatening "significant negative consequences" for the Palestinian Authority, including financial sanctions.

A US memorandum, seen by the Guardian, said Palestinian stateho
(visit the link for the full news article)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wonder if Israel had any influence in the White House making this announcement...(sarcasm)...I'm very confident that this was done on Israel's behalf and shows that the White House is still licking Israel's boots when it comes to foreign policy in Middle East.

Just let Palestine have their state already! They have suffered for too long and deserve the chance for some progress on the world stage.

The article also explains:

The Palestinians will wait until after the US presidential election in early November before proceeding with their bid for upgraded status. However, they insist they will press for a vote by the end of the year and are confident of winning a comfortable majority among the UN's 193 countries. The US has no veto at the general assembly.

No veto for Uncle Sam at the general assembly means the Israeli government is shaking in their boots and are desperate in making sure that Palestine does not make any progress in achieving an enhanced status within the UN.

I hope Europe tells the US to get lost, but I'm pretty sure that most Europeans who have a say in this matter are already bought and paid for by their Zionist masters.

And to think that Obama received a Nobel Peace Prize for his "efforts" in the Middle East Process

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Any other sources besides the guardian? .. when I google for this I'm not finding anything I'd consider reputable, and at least in my experience.. guardian has been pretty out there at times with their claims.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well quite frankly, the US can get to *SNIP*

Though sadly all our spineless politicians will eagerly do the bidding of the US so they can get Obama's scraps.

Things like this get me motivated to go into politics.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 10/2/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Any other sources besides the guardian? .. when I google for this I'm not finding anything I'd consider reputable, and at least in my experience.. guardian has been pretty out there at times with their claims.

No offense but it appears you did not put very much effort into your search for other sources:

www.smh.com.au...

www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

www.westcoastsentinel.com.au...

english.alarabiya.net...

It appears that the Australian and British media are the only ones caring about this story so far minus a few Arab outlets.

I hope that helps

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Time Europe (and the rest of the world for that matter) tells the US to # right off from their internal businesses.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
America can GTFO, and they can take their Israeli boss with them.

The House Of Lords in the UK has been making a lot of statements on the issue of the Israeli occupation, their continued oppression of the Palestinians and the theft of their land, and I believe the people of the UK will support a Palestinian state being recognized by the UN, just as I expect other European nations will support it too.

Frankly, I don't think the rest of the world gives a rats ass what the USA threatens. If Israel wanted the support of the world, they should have thought about that before they started dropping bombs on innocent people a few years ago, using illegal weapons on civilians, and then lying about it live on air while the weapons were being dropped for all to see over the shoulder of their propagandist Mark Regev.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Make me prime minister and I will gladly stick two fingers up to the american government.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I agree that the palestinians do not deserve their own state in the middle east. Neither do the israelis deserve a jewish state called israel. It should be one secular nation with people of jewish, christian and muslim heritage all welcomed.

The religious fanaticism from all sides is totally uncalled for. I am serious! For once, at least, I agree with america and their secret memorandum of blocking palestinians from getting a state. Now we can focus on why iran are such pricks and why their leader insists of using anti-israeli propaganda for internal stability distractions.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I agree that the palestinians do not deserve their own state in the middle east.

What do you mean the don't deserve their own state? it was their land!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The land consisted of a mix of religions just like anywhere else before all this happened. But the allied meddling in the affairs of various countries after ww2 #ed up the middle east, including Israel. Oh yeah and then we have the psychopaths who believes in so-called holy scriptures.

In all honesty... Once the next great one is over we need to completely and utterly abolish religion of any kind. I mean the ones worshipping idols.... Philosophies are ok.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

I agree that the palestinians do not deserve their own state in the middle east.

What do you mean the don't deserve their own state? it was their land!

I am saying we should stop the non-secular nonsense and simply accept that people of all three religious denominations have lived there for centuries, if not millenia, and thus deserve equal status in israel/palestine.

Being pro-israeli or pro-palestinian is a mistake. Many times I side with palestinians when israel over-reacts with force to combat hamas, and because a lot of zionists are involved in banking and finance, but still we have to call a spade as a spade.

If palestine becomes an official secluded state as an enclave it only enables jewish fundamentals to choke them out of trade and prosperity. Besides jerusalem is the multi-cultural capital of the world and should act like it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I agree that the palestinians do not deserve their own state in the middle east. Neither do the israelis deserve a jewish state called israel. It should be one secular nation with people of jewish, christian and muslim heritage all welcomed.

Exactly
This is no longer the Middle Ages and the idea of states based on religion are as relevant as burning elderly women at the stake, panicing when there's an eclipse and bathing once a year.

But humans are stupid. Don't expect any rational outcome

What is so wrong with a country that welcomes people of all religions, all creeds, all colours, and treats them all equally? Is that such a bad idea? Obviously Israel things so .....
edit on 2-10-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I usually agree with most of your posts so please don't take my disagreement as confrontation.

Jews, Muslims, Christians lived in harmony in this region until the state of Israel was formed. And to see what Israel has done since it's creation there is no excuse to deny the Palestinians their own official country. Being stuck in concentration camps such as Gaza and the West Bank is not what they deserve.

Most of us have seen the maps of Israeli land theft, most of us have seen the hypocrites in Israel tell lie after lie, most of us have seen the unbalanced proportion Israel uses in times of conflict...I could go on for ever.

Either way, Israel is an illegitimate creation that was cursed from the very beginning and will continute to be illegitimate until they decide to stop practicing their apartheid ways that can be compared to genocide.

Palestine deserves their own official state, there is no doubt about it in my mind.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Palastine should be recognized as a country. All people deserve a country.. WTF is going on here...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

If so many countries can embrace multi-culturalism then why can't israel and iran? I heard iran tolerates iranian jews to some extent, but for israel it seems a total anathema and that is why they built those great retarded walls to seperate people. It reminiscent of the great wall of china and the berlin wall......

Lebanon is a perfect example of secular politcs, although it does have its ups and downs. America, europe, south africa, australia, new zealand, malaysia, cyprus all tolerate different people. But no israel, where abrahamic religions were born?

I will never go as far as to say we should abolish religion, but I will say pseudo-religious propaganda has been the number one reason for death and misery for thousands and thousands of years. Very unfortunate! And capitalism is the second biggest reason.
edit on 2/10/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Exactly
This is no longer the Middle Ages and the idea of states based on religion are as relevant as burning elderly women at the stake, panicing when there's an eclipse and bathing once a year.

But humans are stupid. Don't expect any rational outcome

What is so wrong with a country that welcomes people of all religions, all creeds, all colours, and treats them all equally? Is that such a bad idea? Obviously Israel things so .....
edit on 2-10-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

What makes you say that? There are people of all religions living in Israel, you obviously would rather close your eyes and ears to that. Could you please show me any proof that says otherwise?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Such a great world we live in eh? Where one country can decide the fate of many...

Every great power rises then falls. Like the ol' saying goes, "What's goes up must come down". Israel and the US will be no different.

S/F Interesting read.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

That wasn't the case when Israel was created. Musims and Christians were pretty much run out of Palestine or brought out and in 4 years from 1946 to 1950, over 1 million Palestinians miraculously disappeared from Israel. I'm sure some emigrated, but who knows. Most were probably thrown in holes and forgetten about.

In 1950, the population of Palestinians was supposedly just over 100,000 compared to 3-4 years prior, roughly 1.1 Million. In that same time, the Jewish polulation doubled from 600,000 to 1.2 Million. Go figure. I'm sure it wasn't a baby boom.

I'm guessing now that they have their Zionist ideaology in place and running the way they wan't it, they can be asMulticultural as they want to look as long as people forget the way they obtained that land and how many innocents died because of that also.

edit on 2-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Besides jerusalem is the multi-cultural capital of the world and should act like it.

Yeah, screw New York City.

edit on 2-10-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join