It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns European governments against supporting Palestinians at UN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by Morg234

Yeah, screw New York City.
reply to post by 00nunya00

...Which obviously would never be described as the multi-cultural capital of the world[...]

Why? I think NYC is considered by most in the world as the "multi-cultural capital of the world." Why do you disagree? Where would you suggest as an alternative?

Have you ever been to Vancouver?

In my opinion that would be the multi cultural capital of the world.

Most people in second and third world countries (which make up the majority of the world) have never even heard of Vancouver, but almost everyone has heard of NYC. Most first world countries could not point to Vancouver on a map, but can show you exactly where NYC is. The whole Ellis Island dream has inspired immigrants around the world for centuries. Vancouver may have a very sizable and diverse ethnic/multi-cultural population, but I think if you take a look at the demographics of the census of both cities, you will discover that NYC has vastly more immigrants, minorities and cultures from around the world, especially ones that maintain a sense of their cultural identity and customs.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

...Which obviously would never be described as the multi-cultural capital of the world, but surely a better chance than Jerusalem.

I view jerusalem as the religious capital of the west.

In retrospect "multi-cultural capital of the world" was the wrong description.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

...Which obviously would never be described as the multi-cultural capital of the world, but surely a better chance than Jerusalem.

Two problems with that:

1)Once again, comparing religious demographics of Jerusalem and NYC will yield the conclusion that NYC is still the capital of religious diversity. Jerusalem may be in the top 5, but it's certainly not the capital given that it's located in an entirely one-religion-controlled nation. Israel is wholly a Jewish state, not the tiniest bit secular. That kind of puts a cramp on being able to say you truly, in both action and spirit, represent the world's largest and most diverse population of religious varieties.

2)Jerusalem is not considered to be in the "West" even though its leaders and opinions trend towards a Western mindset and thought process. It is located in the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Two problems with that:

1)Once again, comparing religious demographics of Jerusalem and NYC will yield the conclusion that NYC is still the capital of religious diversity.

Yes NYC is the multi-cultural capital of the world and perhaps the capital of religious diversity.

Jerusalem may be in the top 5, but it's certainly not the capital given that it's located in an entirely one-religion-controlled nation. Israel is wholly a Jewish state, not the tiniest bit secular. That kind of puts a cramp on being able to say you truly, in both action and spirit, represent the world's largest and most diverse population of religious varieties.

But I said religious capital of the west, not the world. Western religions by large are considered christianity, judaism and islam. I was not talking about buddism, hinduism or any other religion. Those are eastern religions or eastern schools of thought.

Second israel may be a nation run by jewish fanatics but that still does not imply jerusalem is not multi-cultural and multi-religious. Christians consider jerusalem the holliest place and so do jews. For muslims it is the second or third holiest place. That is why everyone "in the west" considers jerusalem home and extremely important for them.

2)Jerusalem is not considered to be in the "West" even though its leaders and opinions trend towards a Western mindset and thought process. It is located in the Middle East.

Israel is a western nation in thought with an eastern location. They even play sports with european teams, while snobbing the nations around them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes NYC is the multi-cultural capital of the world and perhaps the capital of religious diversity.

But I said religious capital of the west, not the world. Western religions by large are considered christianity, judaism and islam. I was not talking about buddism, hinduism or any other religion. Those are eastern religions or eastern schools of thought.

Wait, I get what you're saying now: you're saying it's the "home" or "spiritual capital" of many religions. I agree, obviously, because that's a fact.

Israel is a western nation in thought with an eastern location. They even play sports with european teams, while snobbing the nations around them.

That's like exactly what I said, minus the assertion that it is "in the west" because of its mindset. It is not, geographically, in the west, it's in the middle east. But what I think you're getting at is that it is the spiritual capital of three religions considered to be, in modernity, "western" religions.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

But wasn't it Balfour, a Brit, the first one to propose a Zionist state?

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[1]

Balfour Declaration

Granted that this document is probably not valid anymore, but it got the whole shiz fest rolling.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

And who would govern such a state? Jews? Christians? Muslims? See, we're back to square one. Religion is the bane of mankind.

Who governs in all the other multi-cultural secular nations? I comprehend your point about religion 100% but people need to tolerate and respect each other. Even in muslim countries there is tension between sunnis and shiites but they do get along somehow.

If a two state solution is the answer then how come it is not working thus far? Are the walls really helping both sides or are the jews taking advantage of this to choke palestine? Then the rockets come flying and israeli uses white phospherous to kill thousands.

Oh a two state solution is definitely not the answer, but there is no easy solution to the problem. Honestly the best way to go about alleviating the issues between Israel and it's neighboring countries would be to make Jerusalem an international city. Jerusalem is home to major religious sites for Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. The problem is, however, that since Israel control's Jerusalem, Muslims are not easily able to go there and pray at their holy mosque.

You can't really compare the relationship between Palestinians and Israelis to Shiites and Sunnis, the Shiites and Sunnis have had problems with each other for centuries, yet they've occupied the same land; they are essentially the same people in terms of faith and culture. The Israelis and Palestinians are a different story because Israel basically took the land from Palestine by force and manipulation; the Israelis and Palestinians haven't shared history for centuries, only a few decades. What was done to the Palestinians was abusive and immoral, they should be given their land back. If Israelis want to live with Palestinians in Palestine, fine, but to exile people from their homeland is wrong. It wasn't just Palestinian Muslims who were exiled, either; Palestinian Christians were no exception to Israel's iron fist.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just another example of how things turn out once the "justice" of western powers meddle in affairs they shouldn't in the first place.

One state is the only solution, that implies mutual respect and equal rights. Having two states would still mean tension between the two.
Even though this tension is almost solely based on the views of the leaders of the two parties (and while I think Netanyahu is the biggest bully of the two), the common jew and palestinian doesn't seem to matter too much in this conflict. It's really appalling.
What Israel needs is a democratic spring. That would bring the zionists back in line and open up for co-existance between the two which is how it always should have been.

Once this is achieved we can start working towards a democratic spring in our own countries in the west, including the states, and reform it, so corporate meddling in state affairs becomes completely impossible.

So in a way I can undestand why the US is wanting not a two state solution, but I also want to be damn sure that they DON'T support a state where the Palestinians remain under the iron boot and apartheid rule of the psychopaths behind the zionists and the israeli government.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It most definitely is and that is why arabs want to call it palestine and jews want to call it israel.
In some ways it is an occupation due to the walls erected by the state of isreal to isolate mostly arab palestinians.
Yes christians have lived there too, but who would know that considering the jew-arab animosity prevalent. Christians and arabs fight it out in the neigbhorly nation called lebanon.

I just wanted to point out, it seems you have a strange misconception. "Arab" is not synonymous with "Muslim". In fact, Arabs make up a minority of muslims. And the christians local to the middle east (including the palestinians) are also arabs. Even copts are mostly ethnolinguistically arab now. I think the only mostly non-arab indigenous christians in that area would be the Syriac Christians.
edit on 4-10-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I agree that the palestinians do not deserve their own state in the middle east. Neither do the israelis deserve a jewish state called israel. It should be one secular nation with people of jewish, christian and muslim heritage all welcomed.

The entire state should be named Shem or Abraham or Noah. It should be named after someone common in all three religions.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Yes I think it makes more sense calling it palestine and allowing jews to live there if they wish.

But enforcing secularism in the middle east is harder than enforcing a 60mph speed limit on a major highway. I would say it is next to impossible with so many fanatics. If anything would help it would be ufo&alien disclosure, which im my honest opinion is why the evil ptb try their best to suppress. The longer people continue believing misinformation out of tradition the more power the ptb retain.

It is a sick world for sure!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by detachedindividual

But wasn't it Balfour, a Brit, the first one to propose a Zionist state?

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[1]

Balfour Declaration

Granted that this document is probably not valid anymore, but it got the whole shiz fest rolling.

Guess who got the USA into WW1? It was the same bastards saving Britains behind.. Zionists got a sweet deal out of that one

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This One State solution is also the platform of the Green Party, and it the only solution that I feel has any merit or will work in the long run. I plan to vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party for President, in spite of people saying that I am throwing my vote away. It is a political statement and following my conscience and self-respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join