It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 US Border agents shot, 1 killed, near major drug corridor in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
While we (US) deploy the globe to support freedom, it seems that no one in DC cares about our own border, once again, and ironically at a station recently named in honor of Brian Terry, we have agents just trying to earn a paycheck, being targeted by criminals.

When will the border issue be actively addressed by our elected representatives?

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: Two U.S. Border Patrol agents were shot, one fatally, Tuesday morning in an area in south Arizona known as a major drug-smuggling corridor, authorities said.
The identities of the agents were not immediately released, but the shooting occurred at the Brian Terry Station near Naco, Ariz., which is just south of Tucson. The station was named after an agent who was killed in the line of duty in December 2010. The area is considered a remote part of the state and sources tell Fox News that the shooting occurred about 8 miles from the border.

additional links:

www.usatoday.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Border protection should be a major issue in the elections, but no one will touch the subject. We spend billions overseas to help others, leaving ourselves wide open. This is the main reason I think "National Security" is just an excuse to lock us down tighter. If they were so worried about drugs and terrorists, they would spend much more in border patrol. Our guys have become open targets and the government just says "oh what a shame", and do nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Protecting the border has been a joke. Thousands of our citizens have lost their lives because of illegals with previous arrests and deportations. It's like a revolving door. It has cost us lives and billions of dollars in having illegals here. We need a secure border and our existing laws enforced.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

We will never see it dealt with, because as soon as anyone tries, the "immigration attorneys" start to say how it's evil for them to try to reform immigration. And then the politicians immediately see the Hispanic vote leaving, which means they might not get reelected, which means they'll never touch it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Let's ask Uncle Janet Napolitano, why Homeland Security is more interested in creating a police state for our own citizens instead of protecting us from a wide open border!!!!!

Anyone want to place bets that this guy was murdered by a weapon sold to the Sinaloa cartel by our own government??

Get ready for Fast and Furious part 2!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Shortly before this news broke, police kicked in a neighbors door while executing a search warrant; for drugs i suspect. the occupants were taken away and on my way out I noticed the cops doing whatever is done in such a situation.

as a person obsessed with the inter-connectivity of all life, I started thinking:

are those border agents dead because they've been trafficking drugs while at the same time collecting a paycheck from the US Government to prevent drug trafficking?

I suppose we'll never really know.

just to be certain it is the worst possible time at present to be allied to two opposing forces. pick a side.

edit on 2-10-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Trying to protect the border more at this point will only lead to more deaths.

Drugs, whether you like it or not, are extremely profitable in the good ole' US of A.

And where there's profit, there are those willing to lie, cheat, and kill to obtain it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
More details surfacing..

www.policeone.com

The agents were shot while patrolling on horseback in Naco, Arizona, shortly after midnight Tuesday, the Border Patrol said in a statement.

A third agent was not harmed, according to George McCubbin, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a union representing about 17,000 agents.

The wounded agent was airlifted to a hospital after being shot in the ankle and buttocks, the Border Patrol said. He was in surgery and was expected to recover, McCubbin said.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nobody cares if Border Agents die.

They ain't even allowed to use "Non Lethal" weapons to defend themselves. They should atleast be able to have shotguns and shoot those bean bags to scare people away....nope. Not even allowed to have them.

Whoever works for the Border Patrol is either suicidal...or making money on the side from the drug runners.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

They ain't even allowed to use "Non Lethal" weapons to defend themselves. They should atleast be able to have shotguns and shoot those bean bags to scare people away....nope. Not even allowed to have them.

Whoever works for the Border Patrol is either suicidal...or making money on the side from the drug runners.

serious I'll wager the cartels would offer a ton of 'look the other way' money.

Way more than their wages.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
S&F, most of our elected officials are not interested in protecting the US or its citizens. They're only interested in getting re-elected. So they (especially the Dems) pander to the Mexican-American vote. Obama has almost all of the Mexican-American vote.

Cheap labor is wanted in the US by the employers, but they don't want the Mexicans to stay in the US as citizens.

Many Mexican-Americans want an open border with Mexico for their own personal benefit and amnesty for their illegal relatives, without any concern for the deleterious effects on the US.

So next to nothing is done to protect our borders. Sickening.

Cuban-Americans & Puerto Ricans are Hispanic but have different viewpoints from the Mexican-Americans.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I really do love the people of Mexico, but they aren't helping their case right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow, WTF is up with border control in the Western world? Here in Britain its the same, in Europe its pretty much the same also. The only country that seems to have a sane view on policing its borders is Australia and New Zealand. Why? Unemployment rate is in the millions across all the countries, so it can't be to make up the work force. The only reason I could think of is the declining birth rate of white indigenous people that make up the majority of these countries. However, for the most part Europeans who move about will actually work, but it's 50/50 with people from the likes of Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan, Iraq, Jamaica where many get more involved in crime than employment and the vast majority of all immigrants do not want to integrate and become part of the adopted country, other than in benefits. I assume its the same when it comes to the American/Mexican border, do correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if it is like this in America, but in Britain the 2nd and 3rd generations of immigrants who came here years ago are also starting to get angry at it, as they are (even though quite a few still shockingly don't) British, regardless of colour and even parentage/heritage and they are being left behind from the influx of immigrants still rushing in to the country, as started by the scummy Labour party, who are taking social housing, taking school places, taking up hospital beds and lowing wages as they can afford to be paid £1 an hour, what do they care? Everything is taken care of and they can still send that back home and build house from it.

So a poor soul loses his life in the line of duty, a family loses a dad, husband, son and most importantly from the government's point of view, the state loses a tax payer and what will happen? Probably nothing. It does make you wonder what other benefit are governments getting from this that nobody else knows about. The whole entire issue of immigration policy is totally devoid of reason and rationale, but it is like this in every country that is seen as a Western country, it does make you wonder WTF is going on.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Because all of the people of Mexico are drug trafficking murderers?

Get a grip..

Back to reality-

This was a tragic event, my heart goes out to the family of the fallen agent. It's dangerous job, as its the case with every job in law enforcement.

But this silly war on drugs the US government is fighting seems to be futile and is only claiming more lives. You all can sit there and place the blame on Mexico, but the real problem lies here in the USA. We have the largest drug consuming population on the planet.

edit on 10/3/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Border protection should be a major issue in the elections, but no one will touch the subject. We spend billions overseas to help others, leaving ourselves wide open. This is the main reason I think "National Security" is just an excuse to lock us down tighter. If they were so worried about drugs and terrorists, they would spend much more in border patrol. Our guys have become open targets and the government just says "oh what a shame", and do nothing.

Not only protecting our borders is not an issue now, or ever, they are trying to cut the Border Patrol Agents paid by 25 %. Not to mention that there is no "money" for more vehicles and equipments needed for the BP to better do their jobs. AND not to mention they (BP) are over worked, having to work 10 hours (and that's when they don't have criminals cases to do, which could take up to 15 hours per shift) per day. You see other agencies, and fire fighters, working 10 hours in a four day week; 12 hours in a 3 day week, which gives you time to recuperate.

Imagine you just finished working 10 hours and you were hiking or walking for hours looking for what you're supposed to, then you have to go home and be with your family and do what you have to, just to come back the next day and do it all over again. Surely your attention is going to diminish since you are tired from the day before, not to mention if you are working at night.

When BPs retire, they only get a miserable 35% of their salary. Other LEOs get 85% to 100% when they retire.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Border Patrol Agents carry variety of non-lethal weapons. From tazers, PLS, FN 303 to special non- lethal grenades.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Nothing will be done because as long as the blue collar workers are grumbling about the illegal competition for the same jobs congress can back door whatever they want. Classic divide and conqour. Just as classic as letting two forces fight a war then when they go home start a war with the tired winner who has used up all they resources.... Now how long have we been in the middle east beating up the natives for no reason beyond oil???

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A local talk radio jockey had a good rant on this just now. He blamed the
administration and the d.o.j. for being complicit in this 'drug war' murder.
He ended his show with:
"Here's a 45 year old song that's more relevant today than ever."

(For those who haven't heard the term, "Pusher" refers to a drug seller)

The Pusher... by Steppenwolf

Well now if I were the president of this land
You know I'd declare total war on the pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
And I'd kill him with my bible, and my razor, and my gun

edit on 3-10-2012 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Pretty sure they all carry semi-auto handguns.. The northern border, they carry firearms for a fact and work for the same boss, so they certainly should be packin iron at the southern border?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join