It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who 'attacked Lindsay Lohan in her hotel room is a GOP congressional staffer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Man who 'attacked Lindsay Lohan in her hotel room is a GOP congressional staffer

The full title of the article is:

Revealed: Man who 'attacked Lindsay Lohan in her hotel room after she tried to stop him taking pictures' is a GOP congressional staffer

Christian LaBella, 26, works for Illinois congressman John Shimkus and has been photographed with vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan.

LaBella was accused of harassment after allegedly getting in a tussle with Ms Lohan at the W Hotel in Manhattan's Union Square, when he is said to have punched her after she demanded he delete cellphone photos of her.

'While she did sustain some injuries, she was not hospitalised.

'The assailant was arrested and is currently in police custody. Lindsay has spoken with police and is fully cooperating with the investigation.

Photo: LaBella, pictured with Republican vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan, works for Illinois congressman John Shimkus

Lohan may be a nut but there is never a valid reason for a man to choke or punch a young woman.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, at least the GOP is taking cheap shots at the wealthy now too. I guess Romney falling behind in the polls has them striking while they can.

FTR: It's one jerk who did a jerkish thing. Not a whole party. I typed the above simply to show how ridiculous the rhetoric gets sometimes. It's an example of how NOT to generalize.

And it was funny.

~Heff
edit on 9/30/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
FTR: It's one jerk who did a jerkish thing. Not a hole party.

The "a hole party"? Was that a Freudian slip?

edit on 30-9-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't see why this man would just punch Lohan because she asked him to delete pics on his phone. There has to be more to this story that hasn't come out yet. Unless this guy is unstable somehow, but we have no reason to believe that.

Off topic: That pic of Paul Ryan looks more like a wax dummy than a real person because of his eyes. If I were a betting man, which I am, I would go out on a limb and say that Paul Ryan smokes a lot of pot. He always has a glazed-over look and is always cheesin'.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Quite possibly - or an honest typo. Freud himself would tell you that I can't possibly know the true answer. I can ask my therapist next week for her opinion.

And I fixed it. So thanks or pointing it out!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sounds like they were partying it up and allegedly he got pics of Lohan with a crack pipe, but she grabbed his phone and ran from the hotel room into a stairwell, when he caught up with her he choked her to the floor and Lohan along with another friend fought off Labella, who fled down the stairs. Lohan pulled a fire alarm and called police, who arrested him later trying to exit the stairs and building. She refused medical treatment so the charges apparently will not stick.

This guy is some sort of star-chaser, he has pics of himself with multiple celebs. Creepy dude.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wonder who she's going to vote for???

Lets be honest here this is interesting but I just don't see it as a political issue or am I missing something?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem as if there is something unexplained here? Let me show you what I mean with clips from the OP's source.

The 26-year-old actress was involved in an altercation with LaBella after meeting him at a nightclub before bringing him back to her room where a group of her friends was present, according to NBC News 4.

'The assailant was arrested and is currently in police custody. Lindsay has spoken with police and is fully cooperating with the investigation.'

Law enforcement officials interviewed both Lohan and LaBella and determined the accusations against him could not be substantiated. They said his arrest would be voided.

According to NBC New York, the actress saw photos of herself on LaBella's phone at approximately 4.30am and confronted him about the images.

Lohan is believed to have run out of the room before returning a short time later, at which point she told police he choked her, threw her to the ground and climbed on top of her.
She invites him to her room, where she has many friends present. There were witnesses and the police say the charges can't be substantiated and the arrest was voided? Lohan left the room after being thrown on the bed, and then came back?

There is just too much strangeness here for me to accept this at face value.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Not surprising as most of the GOP are misogynists

WAY TO BLANKET STATEMENT. How much of a percentage would you say is a holes? 10? 45? Just because you respect a life on a unborn child does not mean you are a misogynist right?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Police have identified the man as Christian LaBella, of California. Lohan told detectives she saw photos of her on LaBella's phone, confronted him about the them and took his phone. LaBella then threw her on the bed causing scratches on her hands, police sources said. Lohan ran out of the room and down the stairs of the hotel, but at some point decided to head back upstairs to her room. When LaBella saw her again, Lohan told police he attacked her, choking her, throwing her to the ground, and climbing on top of her. A friend Lohan's who was with her at the time was able to pull LaBella off her, and Lohan then pulled the fire alarm for help. LaBella took off down the stairs, but police arrived before he was able to leave the hotel and took him into custody.

Charges may be dropped, as Lohan refused medical treatment, but there is no denial he threw her down, apparently scratching her hands in the process, then choked her after she came back up the stairs after having fled. It sounds like he was trying to "TMZ" her, and she refused to let him get away with the pics. He supposedly had over 50 pics of her. Sounds like they were both coking it up until 4:30 AM when the shenanigans started...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Are you sitting down? You're calm? OK?

I AGREE WITH YOU

I'm sure this guy hit her, pushed her, or some combination thereof. I wish I knew the whole story, but, to be honest, I guess I just don't care enough to follow it. Interesting story, though. I don't think the GOP part is particularly relevant here.

Wait a minute, if we could find a tape of Lohan talking about policy choices at the Fed, austerity measures in Europe, and our appropriate troop strength levels, that would be one Lohan tape I'd want to see.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

'Forcible Rape' Language Remains In Bill

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Georgia State Lawmaker Seeks To Redefine Rape Victims As 'Accusers'

www.huffingtonpost.com...

South Dakota bill would legalize killing abortion doctors

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Republican Officials Cut Head Start Funding, Saying Women Should Be Married And Home With Kids

thinkprogress.org...

House GOP spending cuts will devastate women, families and economy

thehill.com...

Birth Control for Horses, Not for Women

www.blogforchoice.com...

New GOP Bill Would Allow Hospitals To Let Women Die Instead Of Having An Abortion

www.salon.com...

Paycheck Fairness Act: 'Misogynist' Republicans Scuttle Bill in Senate

Romney Rally: Our Wives Are Home Doing Laundry

edit on 30-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Now the charges have been dropped and both have filed harassment claims against the other..

Reports: Charges Dropped Against Man Accused Of Assaulting Lindsay Lohan After Night Of Partying In NYC

Police confirmed to 1010 WINS that LaBella was arrested Sunday morning at the W Hotel Union Square and charged with assault and harassment.

Those charges were later dropped, and his arrest voided, a law enforcement source told 1010 WINS.

Both parties have filed harassment complaints against each other.

..and umm.. the guy probably won't be staffer for long..

aBella works for Republican John Shimkus of Illinois, according to the Daily News. A spokesperson for his employer told the Daily News in an email that he was not happy about LaBella’s alleged involvement in the incident.

“While no one from Congreesman Shimkus’ office has been contacted by Mr. LaBella following his arrest, he has been an employee in the Congressman’s Washington office,” the email read, “Obviously the Congressman does not condone his actions.”

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

..and umm.. the guy probably won't be staffer for long..

You can believe that! "How to embarrass your political party and end your career in one crazy coke-filled night", by Christian Labella. But then he has his 15 minutes of TMZ fame...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I guess it was too much to hope for. What are the odds that Blackmarketeer and I could agree? This thread was going to be the start of a new era of light and peace. RealSpoke comes in, and I figure, this is wonderful, I can find something to agree with him about and a new cosmic age will begin.

Then RealSpoke says:

Not surprising as most of the GOP are misogynists
managing in a few short words to be hostile, off-topic, and completely made up.

He posts again. This time a list of sensational headlines, all of which are more than a year old, most of which are opinion pieces, and all seem to be from the left.

Examples? How about the one where the Republicans cut Head Start funding? There were two County Commissioners in Maryland who said that strengthening marriage reduces the need for Head Start, which everybody agrees with. The vote was 4-1 but the question was whether the Head Start program should be managed by a local contractor or the Feds. The board chose the Feds.

Or the one about women being devastated? That was an opinion piece written by the co-president of the Women's Law Center.

There was just nothing there, RealSpoke. Does this mean all my progress has been erased and I have to go back to arguing with Blackmarketeer as well?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Most of the articles are based off bills republicans started.
edit on 30-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

To be honest, I don't think we can attach this incident with the GOP.

Yes, he works for a Republican but this man obviously made certain choices as an individual and we must judge him accordingly.

If he did not have any political affiliations, we would be talking about this as if it was a small headline on the Yahoo homepage when you startup your browser.

So I think we should treat it as such and laugh about it.

Lohan vs. Pansy boy w/ cell phone pics of crack hoochies........priceless!

edit on 30-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I like your version the best

Lowhand grabs Pansy boy below the belt.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well if someone were to go after my phone I wouldn't rule out taking them on physically to protect my property. Wheter or not those images on there are indeed legal is another issue all together.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join