It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Kryptos Solved! - was tutankhamuns tomb, found by the cia, using earths magnetic field?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
today, for my first time, i saw the kryptos sculpture which is at the cia headquarters.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

image and texts on kryptos from math.ucsd.edu...

Kryptos is a sculpture located on the grounds of CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Installed in 1990 by artist James Sanborn, its 1800 characters contain encrypted messages, of which three have been solved. There is still a fourth section at the bottom consisting of 97 or 98 characters which remains uncracked.

4 parts to the cryptic message,
parts 1 and 2 reads:

Part I:
Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion.

Part II:
It was totally invisible Hows that possible? They used the Earths magnetic field X
The information was gathered and transmitted undergruund to an unknown location X
Does Langley know about this? They should Its buried out there somewhere X
Who knows the exact location? Only WW This was his last message X
Thirty eight degrees fifty seven minutes six point five seconds north
Seventy seven degrees eight minutes forty four seconds west ID by rows

reading the solved parts my first impression...straight away...part 3....sounded like something i read before.
and its not in context with the first two parts.

im a fanatic about ancient egypt and read everything to do with the ancients
part three of the Kryptos sculpture, sounds to me, like an excerpt from Howard Carters diary of 1922.

Howard Carter, known largley for "finding" tutankhamuns tomb....in the diary is a famous part of him leaning through a small hole with a candle, seeing gold everywhere

Howard Carters Diary - november 1, 4, 5

Part 3 of kryptos reads:

Slowly desparatly slowly the remains of passage debris that encumbered the lower part of the doorway was removed with trembling hands i made a tiny breach in the upper lefthand corner and then widening the hole a little i inserted the candle and peered in the hot air escaping from the chamber caused the flame to flicker but presently details of the room within emerged from the mist X
Can you see anythingq

Part 4 is apparently unsolved - making it even more interesting.
so i reserached it and found someone who cracked it....he shows his working and what he found fits perfectly with my first impression:

part 4 - ."Out of Darknss (darkness misspelled) A Gold King Tut"
theruraldemocrat.typepad.com...

so personally im running with it....the kryptos to me, talks about magnetic fields used by "langley". and that they know the location

so if "langley" is the old name for mclean, the cia hq.- as well as the sculpture being at the cia.... ....then deciphering the kryptos sculpture tells us that....the cia found tuts tomb using the earths magnetic field...in the 1920s......it could make sense considering the amount of gold

but really...this means carter knew before he arrived...that means he had a different set of orders than we percive...less - find, gather and know....and more - go get it quick!!

why would they put up a cryptic messages that lets us know that Carter was a fake and....this need to marinate in my brain for a bit lol

whats your thoughts?

peace and respect
edit on 30-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The CIA didn't exist in the 1920's. Langley wasn't built yet. The technology of that time couldn't detect anything, radar wasn't even viable at the time.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
The CIA didn't exist in the 1920's. Langley wasn't built yet. The technology of that time couldn't detect anything, radar wasn't even viable at the time.

thanks for that.

so whats this sculpture talking about?

peace

i just went to their website
www.cia.gov...

it says
""On a wall of the CIA’s Visitor Control Center at the Agency’s main entrance, there is an enlarged drawing that appeared in Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper during the Civil War. The drawing shows a small wooden building identified as “Guard House Near Langley”—a reminder that Langley, now known as McLean and the location of CIA Headquarters, once was known as the location of a Union Army outpost"

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sorry I have no idea what it is talking about. Perhaps it's there to confuse us all. You know disinformation.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
omg...its well known that part three is from howard carters diary lol
its in his wiki page, in the section called Art, at the bottom of his page

also, in the kryptos scultpure...part 2 starts with...."how did they find it, its invisible"

tuts tomb WAS invisible...built into a mounatin by a valley!!...i always wondered how he knew it was there?

im thinking they did know how to use magnetic fields...whoever langley were.
how else can they locate that tomb, in a natural mountain...they had a metal detector...this is deep

intriuging

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Ah Pharaoh, sorry but you're not making any sense at all

King Tut's tomb was found in a large necopolis built in the valley of the kings. At the present 63 tombs have been found there covering a period of 5 centuries starting from circa 16th century BC

If you claim to have read extensively about AE history you shouldn't be seemingly shocked that archaeologists found the tomb of a Pharaoh amongs a cemetery filled with such tombs.........

lol

As for the CIA others have already noted they didn't exist then, nor was there any super secret ray to detect underground tombs, as for the cypto - that's one thing that spy organizations do, use and break codes - seems fitting now for Tut - they found a step cut into the rock when they were clearing rubble from the excavation of an earlier tomb, going from memory on this one....
edit on 1/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
In November 2010, Sanborn offered a clue, that the ciphertext letters NYPVTT in K4 decrypt to the plaintext letters BERLIN.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Who says it has to mean that they discovered "it" in 1920. Maybe the CIA discovered something deeper that wasnt detected during the first excavation and could only be found using the magnetic field of the earth. "It" doesnt have to mean the tomb itself. Maybe they found some ancient technology or writings more recently then the unearthing of the tomb?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You know that the sculpture is a joke from a sneaky cryptologist (or how they call themselfs)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I liked the link, thanks, but I'm not sure I can agree with your interpretation about Part 2 (part 3 is obviously about Egypt because it's a diary excerpt from Howard Carter).

The coordinates aren't about Egypt, anyway:

"THIRTY-EIGHT DEGREES FIFTY-SEVEN MINUTES SIX POINT FIVE SECONDS NORTH"

None of Egypt extends above 32 degrees north.

The coordinates refer to the location of the CIA HQ.
edit on 1-10-2012 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

ok vultures....these are my first impressions....the smell of blood got to your head...lol

i know about carter and the apparent waterboy that found that step....but cmon, what step was there at the entrance of his tomb??...
there is no step at the entrance, it would of been a solid wall...

no tomb at the valley of the kings had that much gold....or so we are told...notice how the tomb of ahmose still hasnt been found....seeing as hes the first pharaoh of the 18th dynasty....shouldnt his tomb take prime position here, with probably more gold....makes me think it was probably found as well....
edit on 1-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
i know about carter and the apparent waterboy that found that step....but cmon, what step was there at the entrance of his tomb??...

I think you may have a very different picture of a tomb than the tombs that are in the Valley of the Kings. You're probably thinking of the nice big monuments.

The valley is full of rock cut tombs -- and there's some evidence that Tut's tomb was a reburial. Over the 3,000 year period since the kings were buried, silt and rocks from the top of the valley have eroded and buried most of the tombs under layers of silt and rocks. Some were deliberately hidden.

no tomb at the valley of the kings had that much gold....or so we are told

Most were robbed either around the time of their burial or at various times throughout the ages. There's lots to tempt thieves in a valley full of the graves of rich people who took gold and jewelry with them to their tombs. There's a certain village in the area where tomb-robbing was and still is (at least as of 40 years ago) their main means of making income.

...notice how the tomb of ahmose still hasnt been found....seeing as hes the first pharaoh of the 18th dynasty....shouldnt his tomb take prime position here, with probably more gold

It might have when he was first buried, but in the 3,000 years since then, millions of thieves have had the chance to find it and rob it. In many cases the mummies were destroyed or thrown out by people who couldn't read hieroglyphics and had no idea what they encountered.

...although they knew they encountered gold and knew they could buy a lot of stuff with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Have you ever tried that thing called research and reading?

see those stairs in the lower right hand corner.......

Really? See above

no tomb at the valley of the kings had that much gold....or so we are told...notice how the tomb of ahmose still hasnt been found....seeing as hes the first pharaoh of the 18th dynasty....shouldnt his tomb take prime position here, with probably more gold....makes me think it was probably found as well

Tuts tomb was partially looted and his mummy remained in the tomb. Ahmose's tomb was probably completely looted and his mummy reburied with the Deir el-Bahri Cache, if a tomb is ever found it might be in the Dra' Abu el-Naga.

An aside Ahmose is semi-famous for having the last known pyramid built as a cenotaph or perhaps as his tomb it is in ruins at Abydos

edit on 1/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

cute....to get to those steps....you had to clear the side of a mountain... then there is a little distance to the first step.

are you telling me that the tomb was hidden for 3,000 yrs...and was found by accident?
so the pharaohs were shoddy in hiding tombs??

look at where it was found

edit on 1-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

cute....to get to those steps....you had to clear the side of a mountain... then there is a little distance to the first step.

Not exactly but you can research that yourself can't you?

are you telling me that the tomb was hidden for 3,000 yrs...and was found by accident?

Nope they were looking for tombs go read about Carter and those before him

so the pharaohs were shoddy in hiding tombs??

Yep, they had a long history of building tombs that got looted

Nice pictures

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

but the valley had the best builders in egypt....the tombs were never opened and robbed in antiquity...and not in recent history....especially tuts...it was WELL hidden..untouched for thousands of years

but a waterboy tripped up on a step.... i had no reason to doubt this...but think about it, who gave him money, what soirt of grant did he have...is this why they never disclosed all their finds...as like tut, the egyptian government would cease it

hansuline...lets win the lottery and go find ahmose tomb, the symbolic tomb of osiris....i think we should start in abydos and work south....you comming!

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You have come to the right place. Wandering around looking for aliens by light of candle is what we do best here on ATS

Since much of the puzzle is encrypted using the Civil war era Vigenère cipher, the Civil war period seems like a logical place to look for clues. We started to cover this in the water boy at Gettysburg thread earlier.

Of course the Gettysburg address given at the end of the war started out "Four score and seven years ago," like that might be important.

The longitude given in part II of the decrypted text was
"Seventy seven degrees eight minutes forty four seconds"

My coincidence meter left the random zone there.
I'm sure its esoteric and you would need to rob a few graves to figure out what is going on there.

The Berlin clue in Part 4 just reinforces the idea that the cipher used is something like a running key or three time pad that would be tough to break with just a pencil if you did not know the text used ahead of time.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

but the valley had the best builders in egypt....the tombs were never opened and robbed in antiquity...and not in recent history....especially tuts...it was WELL hidden..untouched for thousands of years.

Yes they were

but a waterboy tripped up on a step.... i had no reason to doubt this...but think about it, who gave him money, what soirt of grant did he have...is this why they never disclosed all their finds...as like tut, the egyptian government would cease it

You're lack of knowledge is showing again, go read about Carter and also read something about AE and modern E that doesn't come from a conspiracy website

lets win the lottery and go find ahmose tomb, the symbolic tomb of osiris....i think we should start in abydos and work south....you comming! peace

No thanks Pharaoh been there, done that
edit on 2/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

but the valley had the best builders in egypt....the tombs were never opened and robbed in antiquity...and not in recent history....especially tuts...it was WELL hidden..untouched for thousands of years.

Yes they were

erm...no tuts wasnt...carter was the first....anything missing in the tomb or even on the corpse was down to carter

You're lack of knowledge is showing again, go read about Carter and also read something about AE and modern E that doesn't come from a conspiracy website

about three years ago, they relesead all/most of his photos for the first time....its a .org site.

that means poeple like you, forgot to do their duty, and this BS remained undisclosed for over 80 yrs

you forget...i am pharaoh

lets win the lottery and go find ahmose tomb, the symbolic tomb of osiris....i think we should start in abydos and work south....you comming!

No thanks Pharaoh been there, done that
edit on 2/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

have you??...love to know what happened...you went tomb searching in abydos?? if so im jealous...but i think im born to know where the tombs are. i know what to look for...ie,,twin pillars, and pyramid mounds in the natural rock....west of the nile....etcetc

edit on 2-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

but the valley had the best builders in egypt....the tombs were never opened and robbed in antiquity...

I beg to differ. In fact, there are judicial records FROM ancient Egypt that record the capture and execution of people who were robbing tombs. Most of them were robbed within 100 years of the burial -- and Tut's was robbed twice: en.wikipedia.org...

..but think about it, who gave him money, what soirt of grant did he have...

As Hans suggested, there's a nice Wikipedia article about Carter that says how he got his funds. Carter himself wrote about it, and it was published all over the newspapers (independent sources) and is really a matter of public record.

hansuline...lets win the lottery and go find ahmose tomb, the symbolic tomb of osiris....i think we should start in abydos and work south....you comming!

peace

Only if you take me! I suppose this means that after I finish THIS degree (May) I should go back and get that degree in Egyptology.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join