It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are any Ron Paul voters mad enough at the GOP to vote for Obama?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I will vote neither obomney nor rombama. I am torn between writing in RP or voting Gary Johnson.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
No way.

Voting for for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. I will die before i vote for either.

I will be voting for the only person who i can vote for with a clear conscience, so i will be writing in Ron Paul.

DC

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

That's where I am at. I like Gary Johnson but he seems completely uncomfortable on the national stage and in front of a massive media presence. He does not have the charisma and confidence that I would like to see from a president, but his ideas are there and would serve us better than the others we have to choose from.

I'm going to wait until election day to decide, but I still believe Obama will win regardless.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul voters might as well vote Romney

Ron Paul is a Republican disguised as a Libertarian.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nope- I'm mad, but not insane. I voted for Ron Paul in '08 and this year I'll be voting for Gary Johnson, though I might write in Ron Paul (we'll see how it goes).

Others here have already expressed very colorfully what the "choice" between Romney and Obama amounts to.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

even though the lesser of evils is still evil... it's still the lesser evil

Exactly. Voting for the "lesser" evil is voting against greater evil, so that's fighting evil. By voting third party you guys may help the greater evil get elected (though currently it looks like he won't).

If you think Obama bombing Libya is bad how will you feel if Romney gets elected and invades Iran?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Any RP supporter that votes for Obama OR Romney are hypocritical fake tools. But then again so is Ron Paul.

edit on 1-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
"Pragmatic", "Idealist", "Pragmatic Idealist"

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I wont lie.... I seriously thought about casting a vote for Obama and my reason for this is very simple....

Sometimes when forced to choose between 2 devils, you have to ask yourself, "Who do you trust?" The Devil you know or the Devil you don't know?

But I can not vote for Obama. It goes against everything I believe in. Come Election Day I will vote 3rd Party or simply stay home. I have not yet decided exactly which, but I will not vote for either Candidate from the Big 2 Parties.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by phishfriar47

You are completely insane. So, what you're saying is we all ought to suffer another four years of Obama as a lesson? Listen to me: there may be nothing left to salvage, and you are a blubbering CRYBABY!

Im insane, are you kidding me? The GOP and the democrat party are the psychopaths let loose and running the whole damn insane asylum, but im crazy. Neither party is doing anything for the common guy and everything for the big corporations and big money, but dear god im the crazy one for not playing into their game. Come on man, you are just grasping for straws and looking for a reason to argue. Lets face it, Obama has been president for 4 years, the country hasnt died yet, even as dire as the situation was back in 2008 when everyone was in panic mode, so im fairly confident we wont implode just yet, and I dont think it would matter if it was Obama or Romney at the helm, if the ship is sinking like most of us feel like, then its not going to make much of a difference.

Romney and the GOP have literally given this election to Obama, they put up a lame duck candidate and some would argue that its intentional, as their goals go beyond a simple four years, and what does it matter anyway when overall policy between both parties is striking similar. So they win either way, cant you see that? Big money, Big Pharma, and big big corporations will win out no matter who becomes the next president.

Heres something else to consider, the majority of democrats absolutely ADORE Barack Obama, Romney has nowhere near that amount of admiration coming from the republican party, he cannot win, and he wont. Call me psychic, and i even despise the man as our president, but I am realistic and know for certain he will stay in the White House another 4 years.

So let me get this straight IM the CRYBABY because of what exactly? I have never liked Mitt Romney, he has done nothing to impress me, no integrity, no honesty, hes greedy, hes a mormon, hes a business hawk and will shred companies rather than BUILDING something. No thanks, and I wont vote for Obama because I dont agree with his works either, so im a crybaby because neither candidate has substance to actually vote on? yeah right. I guess im also the CRYBABY who was recently BEGGING for people not to vote for Ron Paul ala Paul Ryan, right? I mean they shun the man and his base, but now all of a suddent his supporters matter? It would seem like Romney and his campaign are the crybabies here, not me. Im doing my part in changing this country, even if it means going against what has been the acceptable method of politics for the last 50 years, go ahead and get inline with all the rest of the worry worts and doomsayers, I will still vote exactly how i plan on voting, and guess what it will not be for Romney nor Obama

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by phishfriar47

They actually love it when you don't vote so you would be sending a much bigger message if you voted for Gary Johnson then no one at all.

Actually thats not true in the least. Voter Apathy is a double-edged sword, and largely depends on the reasoning behind not voting versus the actual physical act of not voting.

Voting because you are too lazy to research politics or understand the system is the kind of voter apathy they love. On the other hand, when you have DROVES of non voters on account of how lame the candidates are, by realizing your voice doesnt really matter, by not having faith in this corrupt system, then you are sending a much larger message. You are saying I dont give you my permission, republicans nor democrats to just do as you will. Thats what has been going on for the last several decades. Millions of people show up to the voting booth and click R or D not realizing you have chosen a candidate on a small social issue or because you disliked the other guy, but just by showing up to that booth you said all of the overall political strategy is fine. For example, how all of the presidents of late have affirmation for the Patriot Act, by us showing up to those voting booths its ok for both parties to expand policies like that while we get hung up on social issues like abortion and gay marriage. Just like how no matter who is President, Monsanto can continue to expand and grow and potentially kill millions of people, we are giving them permission to run their scams because behind closed doors their isnt much difference between the 2 parties. They are both pushing the over all agenda of getting the rich guys richer, its just a matter of which particular set of rich guys will it be this time around.

But overall the politicians are scared of low voter turnout and voter apathy, like I said, it may be easier for them to win with less people voting, but MORE people are saying we dont buy your BS anymore and your system sucks, its just a matter of organizing those people into a substantiated force and actually doing something now. Do you know the numbers when it comes to voting? How many are registered to vote? How many voted for Obama last go round? or McCain? Obama had the most amount of people vote for him in the history of Presidential Elections, but he only walked away with 34% approval from all REGISTERED voters, thats hardly 50%. There are at last best estimate 205 Million Registerd voters, Obama had right at 70,000,000 votes and McCain had right at 60,000,000. So when you divide 70,000,000/205,000,000 you get 34%

Now lets add McCain and Obama together 60,000,000 + 70,000,000 = 130,000,000

Now lets see how many people are voting 205,000,000 - 130,000,000 = 75,000,000

So if you were a politician wouldnt you be concerned about that silent majority that we non-voters sit on? We are registered to vote and could quite literally win any election without pulling from either party if need be. Have you also considered how many republicans are fed up with their party's policies as of late? and how many democrats are disenfranchised with their candidate and party? We could be looking at 100,000,000 potential people in that 3rd category of voters.

Anyway back to politicians actually liking non voters, i seriously think you are wrong on that one. Since the 60s overall voter turnout has declined, and you can see that reflected by the laws constantly coming out of Washington. They are preparing for the tipping point when they no longer even obtain silent approval from the masses. Thats why they make laws protecting them, but incarcerating us, thats why the cronyism is so prevalent, thats why the corruption is so obvious now. They are doing everything they can to hold onto power and gain as much as they can so they are equipped to handle our dissent when we reach that tipping point. Look how much the politicians and their friends get away with. They have bankrupted the greatest nation on earth, they are killing their citizens systemically, they tax us literally to death, they pass NDAA and the Patriot act to handle us physically once we break away. You can easily see them trying to scramble for the last little bit of power they can muster.

You are right about voting for Johnson/Gray though, I will vote for them as that sends a similar message as not voting and will actually be a measurable number at the end of the election, versus writing in Paul or not voting at all.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-10-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ron Paul WAS an awesome choice, as most states won't count writeins and there is no way of tracking writeins it makes more sense to me to vote for Gary Johnson. He's honest, knows how to make an honest buck, and has a great track record, now that I have been following Gary Johnson, I honestly think he's a better choice than Paul, even if he was in the race. I don't vote for who I think will win, I vote for who I think is a better leader.

Leadership is more then having good talking points and looking like a Hollywood movie president.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would like to cast my vote for Ron Paul, I'd like to write him in there, sadly it will be a waste and Obama will win if I do that. It is a wasted vote anyway I just have to pick the least sucky candidate, so I will vote for Romney, and I can't stand him, but 4 more years of Obama will destroy America!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A Friendly reminder...

While most of the discussion in this thread has been civil, some has not. This is just a reminder that here on ATS, Civility and Decorum are Required and more than that, it's the standard that the vast majority of members want to see maintained.

All points of view are encouraged, but name-calling and similar ad hominen attacks are not and can lead to staff action.

Also, if a member resorts to such tactics, please don't respond in kind. Instead, just use the "alert" feature and let staff deal with the matter.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
After how Ron Paul was cheated out of votes and suppressed at the convention I won't for anyone with an R! They hijacked the Paul Tea Party and transformed it into Fox News and Corporate propaganda and used it to bring in extremists who only wanted to make this country fail in 2010. I'm very unhappy with the wave of anti-women's rights (anti-abortion, rape victim derision) while at the same time they scream loudly about welfare recipients. How about leave the govt out of personal medical decisions and use your majority for something productive?! Why not fund affordable abortions and contraception for women so that they can go to school and actually get a job, be productive and have a child when they can afford one rather than become welfare families?!

The debt has exploded, we've had bailouts, NDAA, patriot extension, Gitmo still open, more military posturing... but we'll have that whether the D's or R's are in power, after all it started with Bush. However the complete refusal of the fake Tea Party republicans to work on the economy and help people like us when unemployment is 15% just shows where their agenda lies.

So yeah, I'll go with Obama and L's or I's or D's.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Any RP supporter that votes for Obama OR Romney are hypocritical fake tools. But then again so is Ron Paul.

edit on 1-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I for one want to give you kudos for not being a hypocritical tool and standing by your principles as the genuine unhypocritical tool that you champion so well.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh let's just all vote for Obama. That way when it all comes crashing down, he'll be the one holding the reins. 'Cause it doesn't matter at this point who is "voted" in. An economic armageddon is a certainty.

Of course, if Obama's in when it all comes crashing down, he (and others) will still be blaming Bush. And if Romney wins, then a republican will be in charge and it will be republicans fault. So you see, it doesn't matter. It's the republicans fault regardless of who wins.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Was that supposed to be a diss? I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by CB328

No. The majority of us are upset at both parties, GOP and DNC.

Both suck and I will cast my vote for a third party candidate. I don't care if it will be a write in for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, but it will depend on where the unity lies most--probably Gary Johnson.

But no, hahahaha, NO WAY would I vote for another Obamney.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Like many others..same boat, will write in RP or vote for GJ. I think the amount of GJ votes would probably more accurately show the GOP how much they screwed things up tho. I don't think that write in's will be tallied up well at all.

I do not like the accusation from many republicans however that it would be my fault if Obama is reelected because I didn't vote for their guy...what a joke lol

If the GOP looses it is because they went with the wrong person, not because I am not voting for someone I don't like.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join