It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Over! - China Selling Oil in Yuan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by hawkiye

According to Lindsey Williams ..............

There is your problem. Nothing the guy has proclaimed has happened. He is a scam artist.

He was accurate on oil going up to a 150 a barrel and then going back down. Gold and silver going up, the economy etc... I do not care for his old baptist preacher style of speaking but he has been pretty accurate thus far.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

He was accurate on oil going up to a 150 a barrel and then going back down.

Which was what every other analyst at the time was saying.

Gold and silver going up

See above

the economy etc..

Yea, I remember him saying the whole economy was going to collapse before 2011 a few years ago. I remember him saying Iran was going to be bombed before Christmas in 2008. I can pull a host of other examples of his inane predictions. Really, you are very gullible if you believe this guy. What is he selling this time? DVD's, Books? This guy watches CNBC, regurgitates current market analysis, throws wild speculation on top of it and proclaims to a prophet. He's as bad as Steve Quayle. (Does AJ even have that quack on anymore or did he get too wild for even AJ?)

edit on 1-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 1-10-2012 by antonia because: urgh

edit on 1-10-2012 by antonia because: ahhhh

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

hrmmmmmm... let's see.

Let's tank the dollar.... oh crap... we just destroyed the nation that we own investments in and who buys all our crappy plastic toys....
we dun goofed!

Nothing's over. That's a crap story.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imjustcurious242

You are correct, but please dont release it all at once, these people are walking on rainbow, they might slip and fall down if you push it too hard.

They are "pristine", you might hurt somebody feelings.
You know, Americans are all about freedom

On topic-
I went to zerohedge and what I read does not correspond to what I believe. The comments there spells disaster for ....China! Its their own internal economy problem - being too successful and waiting to collapse, at least thats the consensus.
For yuan to become the main currency - China seems still not ready for it and I think we all know they still cannot, but they are also pushing for other currencies beside dollar.

Now I have a different view on China and its nothing to do with America. Funny world.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
If this is true it is over.

According to Lindsey Williams The Chinese Started Selling Oil in the Yaun and Russia is supplying them. So Either the dollar will crash as people rush to get out of them or we are on the cusp of WWIII...

Now I tend to take LW with a grain of salt but he has been pretty accurate in the past. This article does some corroboration and it looks like this is true but it needs to be checked out thoroughly. Not a peep from the MSM.

Oil is the only thing keeping the dollar alive at this point. if people think we won't go to war with China and Russia think again. Our military is far superior still but Russia has plenty of Nukes so no telling what can happen. It just sickens me we are still fighting over oil and resources in the 21st century...sigh.

There is a story running doing the rounds regarding Lindsey Williams announcement below that China announced that it will sell oil using the Yuan in a major move away from the dollar. Although no official source was listed in the reblogged articles I did manage to find a few stories below which lends some credibility to Williams claims below:

Lindsey Williams: “The most significant day in the history of the American dollar, since its inception, happened on Thursday, Sept. 6. On that day, something took place that is going to affect your life, your family, your dinner table more than you can possibly imagine.”

“On Thursday, Sept. 6… just a few days ago, China made the official announcement. China said on that day, our banking system is ready, all of our communication systems are ready, all of the transfer systems are ready, and as of that day, Thursday, Sept. 6, any nation in the world that wishes from this point on, to buy, sell, or trade crude oil, can do using the Chinese currency, not the American dollar. – Interview with Natty Bumpo on the Just Measures Radio network, Sept. 11

We already know China has signed trade agreements with various nations to trade in renminbi.Due to the euro crisis in Europe and growing demand from Asia, Russia is looking to export more to China in particular and is already building a pipeline to export to China by the end of 2012 as reported by the StarTribune:

Russia wants to be more than a supplier of natural resources to Asia, however, and is eager to attract the investment it needs to diversify and modernize its economy.

The first pipeline to send oil east to China began operation in early 2011. An extension of the pipeline to a port near Vladivostok is scheduled for completion by the end of this year, and Russia wants to build plants there to produce petro-chemicals and fertilizers, adding value to its exports.

After the APEC conferance it was reported by energyglobal.com that China will export oil from its Tianjin facility.

The Russian and Chinese governments have agreed to allow oil products to be exported from the Tianjin refinery which is located north of Beijing. The facility is a joint venture between OAO Rosneft and China National Petroleum Corp. Construction of the 13 million tpy facility begun in 2010 and is 51% owned by the Chinese partner. Exporting oil products from the site will have add a major boost to the facility’s profitability.
alternativeeconomics.wordpress.com...

Hope everyone is prepared if this does not convince you check this thread out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Oil is not the only thing keeping the economy going. Utter BS. There is enough Oil in Texas to run the entire country for 200 years. And they are not capped wells. They are drilling and refining, but YOU are not seeing the benefits of it. In fact, the oil biz is booming in Texas. There are more jobs in the oil filed here than anywhere else, and the money to be made is more than the DOD contractors in the sand box.

If anything other than the powers that be are holding the economy up(lets be honest, its nothing but numbers in a computer at this point), it would be the drug trade. Which is the real reason we are in Afghanistan, just like NAM, and the golden triangle.

Producing and running the drugs, plus prosecuting on the other side is our economy, as well as the private prison industry and oil. Other than that, there is nothing.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A good article on China and its super-power status.
LINK

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
hrmmmmmm... let's see.

Let's tank the dollar.... oh crap... we just destroyed the nation that we own investments in and who buys all our crappy plastic toys....
we dun goofed!

Maybe a few years from now, Americans will be the ones making crappy plastic toys for pennies an hour, and the Chinese will buy them from usa.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by hawkiye

hrmmmmmm... let's see.

we dun goofed!

Nothing's over. That's a crap story.

Ah normalcy bias... Yeah your right China couldn't possibly be smart enough to realize the American economy is already collapsing and halfway there with the crash of 2008 while the Fed is buying US treasuries at the rate of 40 billion a year now just to keep the dollar alive a little longer and China is actually preparing for the inevitable that could not possibly be the case... Sigh...

Yeah never mind that the European Union is now the largest trading block in the world and China and Russia are trading. China couldn't not possibly be smart enough to develop other markets when they see the American party winding down as our demand doubles exponentially out pacing production while China continues to focus more of their resources on their expanding population. But hey keep reading those government numbers we all know they would never lie to us. Yep the Mayans thought everything was fine right up till their resources ran out.

Glad some people think they have it all figured out. Yep nothing to see here move along... Sigh!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"any nation in the world that wishes from this point on"

So... is any nation actually doing it?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Oil is not the only thing keeping the economy going. Utter BS.

Did you really just say that? Take away the oil and society as we know it grinds to a halt. We would be instantly back on the 19th century.

There is enough Oil in Texas to run the entire country for 200 years. And they are not capped wells.

Yeah we keep hearing that, North Dakota too, and the North slope of Alaska etc. So why are we still buying the vast majority of oil then from the Opec and the Saudis?

The problem is its not as easy to get anymore, most of the easy stuff we have already gotten. When we have to start relying on the harder to get stuff prices will go through the roof It is all totally unsustainable as demand far outpaces production. the oil we have might last 200 years after the next great depression and die off when demand drops drastically.

Probably doesn't matter if true because if other countries can buy oil without needing US dollars the dollar will be toast soon. And that was my original quote anyways "The only thing keeping the DOLLAR (not the economy) alive was oil" but they are intertwined anyway.

edit on 1-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This has been known for some time, it's only China and Russia that will be avoiding using the dollar for oil trading only.

The worlds' reserve currency is still the US dollar, for some strange reason.

Everyone seems to think that the US dollar is completely stable with no chance of crashing, despite US debt about 100% of GDP, 60% of the Federal budget being used for debt financing, and no end in sight for deficit spending.

"In God We Trust" seems very appropriate to have printed on the US currency bills. You'd better trust in God, cause your entire currencies value is faith based.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

This has been known for some time, it's only China and Russia that will be avoiding using the dollar for oil trading only.

The claim is China has now opened to anyone who wants to trade. I seriously doubt other countries will not take advantage of it. They are not stupid they do not have faith in the dollar that you think. They know it is on borrowed time. The only reason they did in the past is because they need US dollars to buy oil. Many will jump at the chance to get out from under the US dollar!

edit on 1-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The new age will bring many changes, some good some bad

the institutions of faith will fall, the banksters and the church

be at peace stop fighting

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
google: Rossi cold fusion

its real but TPTB wont give patents and was debunked by science as the grant's are nill compared to nuclear

free energy means wealth and freedom thats why free energy is debunked

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I've been noticing a 30 to 50 percent surge in prices over the past month. I wonder if this could be the cause!
Could this be a coincidence that the presidential elections are only a bit more then a month away?
I DOUBT THAT!
maybe the Myans will be right! God Bless all of us who tryed to warn our ignorant neighbors! Too bad
Arrogance is a real M0%#3RF*(&3R ! Goodluck All U ATSers just in case TSHTF>>>>>...........

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
what do you expect, o buma blocked the windfarm purchase.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Which was what every other analyst at the time was saying.

What analyst? where? Prove it? Should be easy since it was "every other analyst" ...

I remember those days well since I was paying attention.

Not only did he "predict" when oil was $75 a barrel that it was going to $150 but he also gave the time frame. Then when it was at $150 he said it would go down to $45 in 6 months. No one. I mean NO one thought oil would drop that far that fast. It did exactly as he said it did - and that is when I knew these markets are highly controlled and not ruled by the good ole supply and demand like we are led to believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Didn't China stop buying US treasuries a while back?

Isn't the fed (federal reserve) buying up US treasuries now that no one else is?

Isn't China trying to get rid of those holdings at a record pace?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

No one. I mean NO one thought oil would drop that far that fast.

Really? Plenty of people said it. I read if frequently in the Financial Times. Plenty of people are saying it now.
www.ft.com...

Believe him if it suits you, but his analysis was plagiarized from others. I heard the same crap out of Jone's friend Chapman several days before Graham came on his show once.
Let's take a look at his book "The Non-Energy Crisis", in which he proclaimed in 1976 that oil companies will be nationalized very soon. Opps, guess he got that wrong. He also said John McCain would win, and the Middle East would go broke and they would all be riding camels back in 2010. He just had his 70 dollar silver prediction flop too.

And a better comment on it

In January of 2010 Williams said that within 12 months the dollar would lose 30-50% of its purchasing power. A 50% loss would double commodity prices. At that time one ounce gold= $1150. 12 months later it was $1350. Not a single thing came true from his predictions of that time. Now Williams has adjusted his TIMELINE to 2012 for a dead dollar. Nuff said.

Keep moving the goalpost and maybe he'll get it right. He's a freaking salesmen preying on paranoid types here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The only way China will make any waves by selling yuan-denominated oil is if they let the currency float on the market and they do not, the party fixes the yuan values. This is little more than a gimmick currently. Personally, I wish China and Russia would hurry up and become the Superpowers everyone else hopes they become, letting the Yuan float would speed that process up. I'd prefer my own US go back to being a large version of Switzerland. And a lot of others here do too. I've got no use for watching my tax dollars wasted by the hundreds of billions overseas when we could get back to building dams, bridges, and roads here at home. Could get back to spiffing up NASA too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join