It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a shadow of a "person" in this Mars rover image?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why would some guy, as the site in the OP claims, be cleaning the Mars Rover while wearing a suit, helmet, and backpack? If the implication is the Rover is fake and here on earth using some remote terrain to fake a Martian landscape, then wouldn't this dude "cleaning the rover" just be some schmoe in a ball cap and short? Why the 'spacesuit'?

Obviously it's a shadow of a portion of the rover itself.

I don't even see a spacesuit. I see "a guy" but he has spiked hair and some ski goggles. Have to agree - staring at this for an hour you could see a man, a foot, even a pig.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
*Facepalm*

I know this is a conspiracy site and all, but I really can't take some of you people seriously.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409

Seriously, its a shadow from the rover. On mars.......

This picture pretty much clinches it for me. It's a shadow of the rover.

I'm not saying that NASA is giving us the whole truth about the moon and mars, not in the least, but the Original pic in the first post while interesting at first appears to be debunked, at least in my mind. *shrug*

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

G'day

Earth scientists have had ant-gravity devices that can travel our solar system since the 40's

the usa has bases on mars since the 60's

the rover is on earth

www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

Your history from your Ancestors the Plejaren
www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

edit on 1-10-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
Odd? The shadow looks like a person choking a pig (or a pig-person it is Mars after all)

Really it looks like Matrixing. I seen this type of before during ghost hunts. People see something that looks like something else because they're not sure what it is.

Neat find thought. Just the idea of a NASA guy choking out a pig-person be it on Mars, or some studio backlot a'la Homer Simpson style.

How about a nassa person adjusting a camara?
Just saying.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

it looks like a lego man reaching his arm up hahaha.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by edged1
How about a nassa person adjusting a camara?
Just saying.

Yeah -- But I'm just saying it looks like the elongated shadow of the equipment at the end of Curiosity's unextended robotic arm (The MAHLI camera and Alpha spectrometer)

The shadow is in the shape of the instruments on the end of the arm (albeit it's elongated, which could be due to its orientation to the Sun), and it is in the proper location to be the instruments at the end of the arm...

...so I think the shadow could easily be from the instruments at the end of the arm.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holosapien

You can learn more about Curiosity's instrumentation at the MSL Science Corner
edit on 1-10-2012 by Holosapien because: ABC

Why on Earth woould they want to do that? These people are batsh... I mean, are VERY independent, hard thinkers.
They don't need no stinking knowledge!
HERE! It's right here! AAAGGGHHHH!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Wow, way to exhibit 'explaining reality to kids' patience. Kudos.

My own normal zen-like calm didn't quite survive the ordeal. Oh well, wax on, wax off.
edit on 2-10-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
*Facepalm*

I know this is a conspiracy site and all, but I really can't take some of you people seriously.

I agree with this immensely. I posted roughly the same thing about 3 pages ago. And I can't believe this conversation is still on-going.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

Originally posted by Darkrunner
*Facepalm*

I agree with this immensely. I posted roughly the same thing about 3 pages ago. And I can't believe this conversation is still on-going.

That's because a lot of these people are like sheep, and simply blindly believe the assertion that the shadow is that of a person with hair.

They don't even make an attempt to figure the shadow out for themselves by looking at the rover's instruments (to see of one of them could be casting the shadow) nor do they look back at any previous images to see similar shadows, and what could be casting those similar shadows...

...No -- they would much rather blindly believe that the shadow is from some mop-headed dwarf with a backpack, just because someone else thinks it is.

I can't stand this closed-mindedness on ATS. People want to believe what they already believe, without actually doing any investigation into why they believe something in the first place. I fear for the future of humans if this is what has become of critical thinking.

edit on 10/2/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I sometimes feel that people would rather live in a comfortable, false, reality where everything suits their needs instead of the real world. Because actively searching for something that might break them out of their comfort zone is frightening. You are right, Soylent, sometimes ATS bothers me too. Because I used to be a believer of everything but I also believe knowledge is power, When accepting to learn more, rather than brush aside, it can be "scary" but its worth it. More people need to realize this.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

well the shadow im seeing looks like someone in some kind of suit with a helmot or something, i dont see a shadow of just a person. either way, i dont see it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakehuman

Originally posted by wigit
Why is there an owl in this cup of coffee?

Thanks for sharing your Photoshop image but here we are talking about a real image , which NASA says is from Mars

Sorry, but this is a real image, and not photoshopped. It's two hula hoops dropped into a mug of coffee, and wow, look, there's an owl in there. Looks real as heck. But there's nothing there.

I'm giving another example of how sometimes you can see things that aren't really there. It's pareidolia. There's no man in a spacesuit on that Mars pic, it just looks like it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

I'm glad someone else noticed the hair as I could not embed the picture for some reason,I'll ask my daughter to help me I'm a bit computer illiterate.

It's a hard call either way but it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't someone or someones up there assisting the rovers.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join