It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an honest question about perpetual motion/ free energy.../ Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
These are posts from a free energy thread which were not answered to my satisfaction. I am asking if the system I propose could work......

magnetized liquid metal to produce electricity by its centrifugal motion within a containment unit that manipulates opposing magnetic polarities to create perpetual flow within the liquid metal. The liquid metal would spin fast enough to create an electric charge which would be used by the containment vessel to create flow.

my posts
-------------------------------------------

why not magnetize mercury and use a system that by its flow within a vacuum environment creates electricity itself.

Can't you heat metal and spin it fast enough to create energy. Look at the earth with its supposed metal core. Can't you mimic that on a smaller scale and use the magnetism it naturally creates to move liquid metal fast enough to create an electric charge?

liquid so less actual friction and air resistance. I am not a master of fluid dynamics but if you have a constant flow being generated by the fluid itself, and by its composition an electric charge you could harvest....would that not be eternal free energy...

Can mercury give off an electric charge?....can it be magnetized......?

If so then design a system of tubes in a coned spiral wide to short where on either end you place conductors that lead directly to the liquid metal, which can harvest the electric charge it would create after spinning by it being magnetized and housed in a casing with an opposite polarity......No?

I have no technical skill, mechanical training, or even a knowledge of basic chemistry. I dreamt this once.

Is it possible?

-------------------------

what about my idea? liquid metal to make electricity....magnetized to provide flow within a containment vessel that manipulates opposing polarities to create said flow within the liquid metal and so electricity by centrifugal force being applied to it....?

Is that possible? I have zero technical training and ask in earnest....would that work with mercury or molten metal? Magnetized metal being spun at high velocities to produce electric charge...?

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Seems like an idea worth exploring. While I have no answers to your questions, I would think some simple searches (if you are to trust internet worthy sources) or some home experiments are in order. Best of luck, we will be waiting.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hi, don't want to rant too much on what I don't completely understand, but maybe this video can give you some ideas:

It sounds like an awesome idea - Have you looked into the Rodin coil? I've wondered how a magnetic liquid would react in a Rodin coil...

/PG13

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Mercury isn't very magnetic at room temps.
However in 1911 a scientist by the name of Kamerlingh Onnes discovered that at temps at or around 4 Kelvin the element becomes a superconductor.
This is interesting because theoretically you could make a permanent magnet out of a loop of superconducting mercury if applied within an external magnetic field.

Simply cool down a loop of mercury in an external magnetic field (the temperature at which the mercury will superconduct will get lower as the applied field gets stronger). After the mercury becomes superconducting, it locks in the total magnetic flux through the loop. Switch off the external magnetic field, and a persistent current will flow around the mercury loop, making a permanent magnetic field.

So in theory your idea is plausible however I think it would take more energy to cool the mercury than the finished product would yield.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject would be kind enough to enlighten me on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

My little brother(not little he is 32, but he is little to me still) had a similar dream a few years back, he had a drawing he made in the middle of the night after he woke.

I know have no knowledge of the magnetic properties of mercury, or it effects in a magnetic loop when cooled to superconductivity.

It sounds interesting though, I will be back to see how this turns out.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Mercury conducts electricity, and we can find mercury in some components in circuits like thermostats.

But your description of getting electricity to flow in Mercury requires power for input, and the power you'd get from the electricity in the mercury would never be as large. This is called "under-unity".

Free energy claims are that this can be made "over-unity", but many, many experiments have failed to ever prove this is possible. Energy out is always less than energy in due to losses like friction, inefficiency, etc., at least so far. You can try to be the first to achieve over-unity, but there's a very long track record before you which serves to prove the laws of physics are probably right in predicting a device like the one you describe will always be under-unity, so it doesn't seem very likely you would succeed in creating anything over-unity.

I think you'd probably need some new laws of physics, and those are hard to come by.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea. Possibly it would have to be done in outer space to cool the mercury to superconducting temperatures.

The ancient Indian Mahabharata and other texts describe Vimanas, flying machines, and the mercury was said to be a key ingredient in the engines.

www.hinduwisdom.info...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This looks to be a spinoff of an existing thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join