It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged in terror hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Darwin Award nominee

So this guy, following the advice of his uncle, dresses as a terrorist and stands in the middle of the street aiming a fake RPG at passing cars..Just what the f**k goes through peoples minds that makes them think this is a good idea..If I would of saw this guy doing this I would of not hesitated to reach in my center console and grab my .45 and start filling this guy full of holes..This could have ruined many life's...The excuses for this stupidity range from "It was a test to judge the police departments reaction time" to " I was filming a movie"..Mankind never ceases to amaze with it's ignorant minded stupidity
edit on 28-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: changed of to have

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

I have some uncles who's idiocy would amaze you. I did alot of REALLY stupid things when I was 16. This though, this just takes the cake. Stupidity on a whole new level.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I'm hear ya on the uncle thing..I got a few myself that are "out there"...I did a lot of dumb stuff too when I was a teenager, but to do this type of thing in this day and age is just dumbfounding..He's extremely lucky no one shot his ass or beat him unmercifully..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Darwin Award nominee

...This could of ruined many life's......

Interesting story about a man desperately trying to get arrested/killed/being voted "dumba** of the year".

But: Why that "of"? Why not "have"? Where are we here, Twitter v0.9?
edit on 28-9-2012 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Dude, I couldn't tell ya about twitter, facebook or any other of that childish non-sense..It's 3:00 am and my brain is a bit "hazy"...Sorry my linguistic skills are not up to par..I will correct my mistake

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I was going to create a thread on this and ask why he was not shot by a citizen????

Luck - or just no one carrying a weapon nearby?

Seems to me that Americans love to sprout that fact that they can carry guns to stop others getting killed by crazed gunmen…. So why was he not shot and killed, he must have thought that was a distinct possibility?

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm 26 now, and as time progresses I do proportionately less stupid things. I think back to some of the stuff I've done, and just think wow; things I would never do now. Mainly just taking risks and chances that were really stupid. However, I don't care what age I was, I would have never gone through with something like this. If the idea ever came up in conversation, I would not have entertained it. You know how sometimes with your friends you will have stupid ideas that get bounced around, but no one is actually considering going through with them? That is what this seems like to me.

Why he decided to go through with this is beyond rationality. It goes beyond stupidity to suicidal. When weighing the inherent danger one has to ask themselves if they are willing to die over a prank...because that is what is likely to happen in a situation like this. I am just at a loss for words really, but people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This dumbass is almost as brilliant as the guy who was killed recently while drunk & running down the middle of the highway in a bear costume, pretending to be Bigfoot.

I will say however, that if there were no more idiots like this, I would most likely never smile or laugh. So thank you idiots, each and every one of you, for amusing me from time to time. Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

I think he got extremely lucky. Phoenix, AZ (where this happened) allows both open carry and concealed carry firearms...I don't think this kid or his uncle thought very far into the future when they made this decision. Hell, I'm surprised no one tried to run him over..It's better that he didn't get shot because the person that did it would of probably been charged with a homicide.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That guy in the bear costume takes the cake..Running down a darkend road, drunk, trying to fool people into thinking they saw bigfoot..I agree with you 100%, stupid people should keep on doing stupid things. Gives those of us that have some common sense in our heads many, many hours of entertainment .

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

I just noticed this in the article:

[color=B3FFCF]39-year old Michael Turley was arrested Monday after he posted video of the incident on YouTube.

Turley made the video on July 28th.

After his arrest he told police he was testing the department's reaction time.

He has been charged with knowingly giving a false impression of a terrorist act, endangerment, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and misconduct involving a simulated explosive.

When police responded to the incident in July, Turley told them he was a filmmaker making a movie and wasn't arrested.

Turley faces up to 45 months in prison.

Priceless!!

Even IF this↓was a true statement, I'm fairly certain that is illegal also... lol

After his arrest he told police he was testing the department's reaction time.

edit on 9/28/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It just makes you want to do the Capt. Picard facepalm i see floating around here all the time..Doesn't it?...I can understand pulling pranks and what not, but to do something like this when terrorist are our number 1 boggey man here in the U.S... I would of liked to have been a fly on the wall while this scheme was being concocted..His excuses were top notch answers weren't they?
edit on 28-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Dude, I couldn't tell ya about twitter, facebook or any other of that childish non-sense..It's 3:00 am and my brain is a bit "hazy"...Sorry my linguistic skills are not up to par..I will correct my mistake

Thank you, really. I should suppress my grammar-nazi-stylething, but hey, some things I will never understand and the replacement of "have" with "of" is really one of them, sorry to bother.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Not a bother at all man...I get on people all the time about their grammar

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I would of liked to have been a fly on the wall while this scheme was being concocted..His excuses were top notch answers weren't they?

I wonder what the actual intended goal was...

I assume it was done only to get hits on Youtube, but you never know, he may have thought he had some other sort of logical reason. (I can't think of one though. lol)

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

I should suppress my grammar-nazi-stylething, but hey, some things I will never understand and the replacement of "have" with "of" is really one of them, sorry to bother.
Personally, I think that is one of the common mistakes that is more understandable than most others.

When spoken during casual conversation, it usually sounds more like 'of', especially since it is frequently pronounced as the conjunction:
would've, should've, could've
(Sounds like would of, should of, could of)

'Then' and 'Than' is the one that drives me nuts. They sound nothing alike, have a completely different vowel, and have entirely different meanings, but a majority of the time, they are used incorrectly.

edit on 9/28/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join