It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dress Code for St. Louis and and End to Search and Seizure Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am surprised that this has not made the national news.

Virtual House Arrest Ordered for Minors in East St. Louis

Their mayor appears to be insane. He claims that because there has been violence in St. Louis that the police now have probable cause to search anyone for any reason. Everyone is a suspect. From a Constitutional standpoint this is a complete and utter joke. The article speaks for itself.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Wow, 4 young people getting shot probably wouldn't even make the news here in Houston, much less get the mayor in a tiff. I think that guy has some issues, he needs to be stopped.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Dear billy197300,

In Chicago they are lucky when only four people get shot in a weekend. I am sort of surprised that Alex Jones has not talked about this.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yep!
It's an election year!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"too many people getting killed for no reason whatsoever"

really? Im sure the killers had a reason. Try doing some police work instead of mimicking Nazi Storm Troopers.

First its your royal blue shirt- then its your guns. Then its your homes. Then its your livelihood.

Mayor is a moron. This will just create MORE problems. But good luck to you St Louis.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Either the mayor is ignoring the advice of the City's lawyer or the city's lawyer is giving bad advice. One of them or both of them need to go.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I can appreciate this from a different angle since I am in St. Louis.

E.St. Louis is a hell hole.
I would rather be in Downtown Beirut.
And since the police force got cut in half recently I am sure it has gotten worse than the last time I had the displeasure of going there.

Sometimes I think they should just nuke the entire God forsaken city.
There really is no easy answer.

I can appreciate the situation this Mayor is in.
I don't agree with the way he is handeling it and I am sure the ACLU will be on the scene shortly to
remind him of the fact that he is in direct viloation of our constitution but.....I don't know what else to do.

He definately needs to call in the National Gaurd.
That would be a start.
There is just no easy answer.

There are some really good God fearing people in that town and their kids are getting murdered left and right.
Not to mention the drugs and prostitution which are a staple in that town.

Just no easy answer.
The Mayor is trying to do the right thing.
He is just going about it in the worng way.
Problem is, there is no RIGHT way.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dear Screwed,

I really appreciate hearing from someone in St Louis.

Just no easy answer. The Mayor is trying to do the right thing. He is just going about it in the worng way. Problem is, there is no RIGHT way.

I was on the east coast during 911 and had to rent a car to get home to the west coast. I don't remember why; but, we drove through St Louis, I had not been there since the early 60s when the arch was being built (we did not know what it was and I offered up that St Louis was the headquarters for McDonalds). St Louis has a lot of history including holding one of the most important world fairs. I was saddened when I saw it last time, many houses looked as if they were going to fall down.

I think what disturbs me the most is that they are going to treat everyone like a criminal, that is not going to attract a better element or investment in St Louis. If St Louis had no crime because it indiscriminately allowed everyone to be searched with no probable cause, I wouldn't move there. If the people of St Louis re-elect this guy then they are saying that their freedom is meaningless. IMHO. Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I can appreciate this from a different angle since I am in St. Louis.

E.St. Louis is a hell hole.
I would rather be in Downtown Beirut.
And since the police force got cut in half recently I am sure it has gotten worse than the last time I had the displeasure of going there.

Sometimes I think they should just nuke the entire God forsaken city.
There really is no easy answer.

I can appreciate the situation this Mayor is in.
I don't agree with the way he is handeling it and I am sure the ACLU will be on the scene shortly to
remind him of the fact that he is in direct viloation of our constitution but.....I don't know what else to do.

He definately needs to call in the National Gaurd.
That would be a start.
There is just no easy answer.

There are some really good God fearing people in that town and their kids are getting murdered left and right.
Not to mention the drugs and prostitution which are a staple in that town.

Just no easy answer.
The Mayor is trying to do the right thing.
He is just going about it in the worng way.
Problem is, there is no RIGHT way.

I've never been to St. Louis, but, from your description I have a few questions. Why would anyone want to live there? Why stay if it's that bad? I would move man. There are plenty of wonderful places to live all over the country.
edit on 27-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
THE MAYOR IS GONNA MAKE A LOT OF PROFILED POOR PEOPLE RICH IN THE BARGAIN.....
Then they all want to move out of east st louis and go someplace decent....problem solved.......itll be a ghost town after the ACLU gets finished ith the town treasury.......But thats the way she goes somedays..............
treat people with respect and give them personal dignity......thats the answer......
The top 1/2 % of the world makes all the decisions and they only worry about themselves and their progeny......
Time to change the paradime ...................theres not enough good honest work for several reasons, but they all relate to decisions and agendas of that 1/2 of a % of the people.
Everyone KNOWS we are and have been ripped off mightily by these people.....
Nothing will change till people have a better alternative in front of them.....
And by the way Screwed....last time i heard of troops being used as the police in such an area, they were corrupted pretty quickly.......right up to the commandant.....i think maybe send the engineers in to clean up what they can, and fix what they can for the people.........stuff like that might get some positive blowback

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Seems like a decision like this manifests from years of the status quo law tactics simply not working.

I applaud the mayor, in fact he probably needs to crack the skulls of these thugs really hard or just quarantine parts of the city and let the animals kill each other. Clean up the mess later.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Please let me clear this up.
Do not confuse St. Louis with E.St. Louis.

St. Louis is in Missouri
E.St. Louis is across the river in Illinois.

It may as well be in a different Country.
The only thing they share in common is the name.

E. St. Louis is about on par with Detroit.
It needs to be carpet bombed and start over.

To Aquestion:

In the Sixties, E. St. Louis was a great place to live.
So was N. St. Louis.
I can understand how you would be shocked to see it after driving thru it.

It is gangland territory now.
I wouldn't reccomend stopping there and asking for directions that's for sure.
Hell, they even made fun of it in the movie National Lampoons Vacation and that movie is probably like 25 years old.

Imagine how bad it is now.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

heres an easy answer, give everyone guns, sure therell be some bloodshed some innocent deaths but in the end the only ones left living will be the ones who DONT want to shoot anyone, and they will still have their guns,

then theyll be one of the safest cities on earth, after the chaos of the change calms down, this is why they should have always let everyone have guns as was intended from the start of the nation, this process would never have to occur, but now so many are without defense that only the criminals have the guns, and the cut in half police force looking to trample on their rights

sure everyone will think this isnt the right answer, but as you just said, there is no right answer, i think this is as close as you get to one, let everyone defend themselves, this is all banking on the hope that there are more people who just want to live and survive then there are those who want to kill
edit on 9/28/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I grew up on the illinois side of the river.. Not E. Saint thank god..

What people here need to understand is... E. St. Louis is a war zone.... It is an extremely violent place and most people avoid it like the plague for good reason..

These rules may seem insane to anyone who's never seen this place but.... I think rules like these are exactly what that place needs....

I'm honestly surprised with how crazy it is over there that the National Guard was never called in before.

top topics

join