It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Not Qualified For Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So here you have it by Romney’s own words he isn’t qualified to be the president. Now I am sure this is all just a show to hand Obama the election. The GOP never wanted to win to begin with it seems. There was a reason McCain didn’t pick him for the VP now why would anyone think he would be qualified for the presidency.

“Mitt Romney on Friday announced that he will not take all the charitable deductions to which he was entitled for his 2011 taxes, in order to keep his tax return from falling below a threshold that would falsify an earlier assertion that he'd never paid lower than a 13 percent tax rate.

"The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years," his trustee Brad Malt said in a note accompanying the return.”

Oh Mitt you sneaky devil.

source

For those who don’t know Romney didn’t deduct everything on his Taxes so his statement of how he never paid under 13% in taxes would be true. From the interview he says if he paid more than he had to in taxes he isn’t qualified to be president.

Romney seems kind of forgetful of his past statements this is just one of many.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and refrase

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

This is not the strangest post I've ever read, but it is one of the most confusing.

"Romney made more in taxes than he had to."
"Romney has been criticized for not paying taxes."
"Romney only cares about himself and keeping his money."
"Rpmney made his original statement based on a January estimate"
"Romney just finished his taxes for 2011 and made sure they weren't below 13%"
"If he had not made that adjustment, you would have called him a liar."

So here you have it by Romney’s own words he isn’t qualified to be the president.

Now I am sure this is all just a show to hand Obama the election.

The GOP never wanted it to begin with.

What?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Oh for pity's sake, just too dumb!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
so the mormon church didn't get all he was willing to give them, because he was afraid of getting busted for lying about his ETR

so he hates his church ?
hates negative attack ads ?
hates being rich ?

I dunno, I'm confused

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Tell me why Obama SHOULD be President again? I have yet to see or hear any reason why, other than that Romney is a retard... which shouldn't automatically make the other person qualified.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They don't call it the silly season for nothing...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thanks for pointing that out I rephrased it and fixed the link.

Not that this will affect the election but Romney seems to have a problem remembering statements he has made in the past on a vast amount of issues.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Dear Grimpachi,

Someday, I might try to describe all of the confusion I've caused. Nah, I can't type that much. Romney is perceived as being unclear about his positions. That causes me a little worry. But as everybody always seem to say "Why can't we throw both these guys out and get some really good candidates?"

This is just my opinion, and I don't want to start a fight (I like you too much for that), but for disaqualifying remarks I remember our current president saying that if couldn't fix the economy in three years, he'd be a one-term president. But, seriously, with the bazillions of words politicians have to say, and every one being recorded, I expect slips now and then.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I remember our current president saying that if couldn't fix the economy in three years, he'd be a one-term president. But, seriously, with the bazillions of words politicians have to say, and every one being recorded, I expect slips now and then.

I am glad you brought this up. This is almost the point I was trying to make. I have seen that quote touted repeatedly on here and in the media and felt that bringing to light Romney’s quote it will put things in perspective but I think your view is very sensible in a world where extreme positions seem to dominate conversations. I have respect for you as well and sooner or later we should continue our other conversation we had on third parties. Who knows it may lead to a blueprint for something.

With respect
Grim

top topics

join