It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little bit of whats going on in space exploration from an insider.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
First of all, I don't know how much of this information is public knowledge but i found it very interesting and maybe you will as well.

I gained this information over a few conversations with this girl, who i thought was going to be a potential girlfriend lol. Well, that didn't quite work out so well.

About a month ago, some friends and I decided to head to a local bar to have a few drinks. I was the designated driver that night. Not long after we entered, a very attractive lady asked if we wanted to play some pool with her and a couple friends. Right off the bat i could tell she was hittin' the sauce pretty hard. There was quite a bit of flirting going on between the two of us, which lead to some small talk. Well, she told me that she was a project manager for a company building engines for Nasa and Lockheed Martin. She kept saying the rocket she was helping to build was going to a moon of Jupiter. She knew i was a immediately interested, being an ATS member i was in conspiracy heaven lol. She whipped out her ipad and started opening numerous emails and documents with her name on them that clearly were related to Lockheed Martin. So i knew that she was telling the truth. I don't know if she did this to brag about working for them or what, i have no clue.

She kept saying this engine that they were building was going to cut the time in half in which we can reach the moon of Jupiter. This seemed to be pretty extreme and i dont know if she was over exaggerating, but what do i know about space travel lol. The engine which i found out later was a piston-less engine of some sort. The engine was going to be part of some unmanned mission in which they can harvest the methane off of one of the moons of Jupiter. 2016 was the date that it was supposed to enter space.

In some later conversations, she stated that she wasn't even sure if the mission was still going to take place. She said that it had something to do with the latest trip to Mars, she really didnt go into specifics. She then said that if it didn't take place they were going to use it as a comet hopper of some sort.

I know what I've presented isn't full of specifics but thats all i have folks! She always told me that she was never told not to talk about anything that she worked on so its prolly nothing that cant be found with a simple google search.

Oh and she told me that the people at Nasa and Lockheed Martin hate each other lol....

Peace ATS!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Piston-less? In Space ? No s**t...

Probably bull, but if it's not, and she's not already dead, let her know they're coming. It's the polite thing to do to a lady, you know...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ahahahahahah well you are # outa luck now arnt you.

dont dream about that story too long it will kill yeah

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, I know the ESA have a probe named Juice to travel to one of Jupiters moons, would make sense that the US aren't far behind...

I reckon we've already sent stuff that way anyway.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

We don't even have a base on the moon; yet we are going to harvest methane on one of the moons of Jupiter.

Sorry amigo, I'm calling cheese on this one.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So you had a conversation with a drunk chick? Lol
She told you inside info about NASA and Secret engines that were going to Jupiter? Lol
You thought, lol, I will post this on ATS when I sober up....lol.

Ok. I totally understand, lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
and if she knows about a mission like this

IMAGINE WHAT KIND OF MISSIONS THERE ARE!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Was she hot?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ever heard about the ion engines? Look em up...they power themselves..idk if they have a piston tho

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Yea she was hot, she just fancied the attention of multiple men all the time lol

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A pistonless interplanetary engine. Wow.
Actually, an interplanetary drive with pistons would be a little more interesting.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Sounds like your friend may have been working on a Fusion Driven Rocket concept.

With FDR providing a steak dinner sized punch of thrust for acceleration and deacceleration , a trip to Mars could take a couple weeks compared to the 6 months or so it does now.

Jupiter and its moons could become manned-mission-targetable.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dont know what you know about a company named Sunpower, but she works for them

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The name alone would seem to imply solar sails.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why would we need to harvest methane? If anything we need to harvest Helium. I think the cost to get there and back would outweigh the value of the methane they can harvest.
edit on 26-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

we weren't exactly going to harvest it, we were going there to sample it and see if it was going to be worth our while to pursue it

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

No way man, ive seen emailed documents from Lockheed Martin with her name on it. I wouldn't have believed it myself, i thought i was being set up or something, it seemed to real to be true

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's a convertor to minimize fuel consumption.

Thermal Energy Convertor

edit on 9/26/2012 by Sostratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
reply to post by SpearMint

we weren't exactly going to harvest it, we were going there to sample it and see if it was going to be worth our while to pursue it

In your OP you said "harvest."

The engine was going to be part of some unmanned mission in which they can harvest the methane off of one of the moons of Jupiter. 2016 was the date that it was supposed to enter space.

Get your story straight!

edit on 26-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join