It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs were created by Satan???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't think that Satan, who is a created entity himself, is capable of creating organic beings. He can do a lot of things, but, to the best of my knowledge procreation of a species isn't one of them.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Wow, that's an absurd theory, most importantly because satan is a fallen angel, he can't "create" anything.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
The bible actually mentions dinosaurs as gods creations.

Yes, in the oldest book of the Bible Job.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
No... Namely because “SATAN” is a rank in the Book of Job not an actual entity, Lucifer has propagated fear in something that is not real. There is no Satan only Lucifer, whom creates nothing nor ever will as he/she/it is merely an interloper and nothing more.

"Satan" is a title, not a name. In Hebrew it's "ha'satan", meaning "the accuser". Lucifer is a terrible Greek to Latin rendering of "Heylel ben Sachar" from Isaiah 14:12. Heylel would be his "proper name".

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Also going back to my earlier posts, this layer of water in the upper atmosphere as described in genesis, is the reason that people lived longer lives. Less UV and harmful rays to create carbon 14 which is radioactive,as well as other detrimental effects on our health. It also never rained before the flood and all beings were larger in stature. After the deluge that wiped out almost all life human life expectancy dropped to a fraction of what it once was. I believe that the fabled stories of Atlantis and such were actually talking about the civilization right before the flood. When the sons of god bred with the daughters of man they also gave them knowledge of science and weaponry among other things, and its possible gene manipulation was among said knowledge, allowing for the creation of dinosaurs.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ROFL
"someone said..."
LOL
My advice here is to simply stop debating with 5 year olds as if they are using logic you can rely on for further debates with others.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kronix

All creatures lived longer under that water canopy that shielded Earth from the harmful uv rays.
Reptiles and most fish never stop growing in stature like mammals do so after 800-900 years they could get rather large I'ld say.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If people aren't too biased by Kent Hovind's content (which seems to have nothing wrong with it) then I would suggest this video

Nothing wrong with it? Are you serious? Kent Hovind is in jail for fraud. He's a proven liar. I have not seen a single one of his videos that was actually scientific and didn't contain dozens of blatant lies. Stay away from Hovind if you are legitimately seeking the truth. Man and dinosaur DID NOT walk together, unless their ancestors existed on some remote island somewhere and man visited. There's this 65,000,000+ year gap in the fossil record between humans and dinosaurs.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The Bible isn't a scientific document. It doesn't explain the 'how' of creation as that isn't the point of it. People simply need to stop attempting to read science into the Bible, and then ignoring the points where the science they read into it doesn't mesh with the fossil record.

The Satan created the dinosaurs thing is considered stupid even among most Christians. The only group I've heard of that has been known to teach this is the Church of Christ. I had the extreme misfortune of dating a guy who was Church of Christ back in the day. I should have run for the hills when I was put through a series of questions regarding my beliefs by him and his family. He thought his own dad was hell-bound for being Catholic and I know they thought I was going the same way. Anyway, this guy was a Chemical Engineering major- and he and I got into it when he told me about the Satan and dinosaurs thing. I was incredulous.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

That's what I was trying to get at lol. Also the oxygen levels were probably different back then as well contributing to a vastly different ecosystem than we have today. But as I've said c14 dating is only accurate from after the flood, as before c14 probably didn't exist, or was only around In Minute amounts, leading to false readings today.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I don't think so.

I think bears and lions and sharks are monsters too.

Basically any large animal that can kill me is a monster.

G*d is the creator.

He just made some creatures a little more scary than others.

You never met my Mother in law and my Ex wife...now those are true Monsters!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
Satan doesn't create anything, he only lies cheats steals and destroys. kinda sounds like a lot of politicians.

I guess one would have to define how he created something. Him personally I'm not sure, but there isn't evidence to suggest he's built much personally. The challenge with doing that is it could expose him. He's not gonna reveal himself to hardly anyone. But Him working threw people, then tons. Anything from the Atom bomb, gas chambers, Satanic Bible, false religions, maybe even the pyrmides.

So if when he was sent to earth at the beginning there was only atom and eve, which he already met in the garden, then it's plausible that he also created the dinosaurs, possibly to try and eat up all of God's living creatures both human and animal. But the mammals got the best of them eventually. Cuz at the time he obviously wouldn't care about exposing himself to perhaps a few humans.

edit on 27-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
What do I think? lol...Well, I love your avatar pic for starters! I was vacationing in Florida several weeks ago and I couldn't get that pic out of my head when I was swimming in the ocean. It was freaky. Haha

BTW...I'm exactly 1 day older than you! (12/9/1975) Lol

As far as the discussion question I have to say it's the stuff of legends. I had a religious upbringing, probably more consistent with the time than kids of today. The older I have gotten the more I believe in math and science, than bible stories. It would be great if someone was looking out for our souls, but then again, being a good person, caring about others, and worrying about my own soul is all part of the human condition. A condition brought about by millions of years of evolution (IMHO). I think the only place God or the devil exists is in ourselves...
edit on 26-9-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

Well I'm the older ha ha... I never post my real age online but it's one year prior

Well when your surfing you need to learn how to gouge a sharks eye or punch it in the gill in case it attacks you ha ha.

Well if you're into science then maybe study some apologetic. That can prove a lot. But God's not likely going to come knock at your door and introduce himself. That would mean you have to exercise zero faith. Which is a requirment of belief in God. Sort of a challenge to us to give us hope I guess. Who knows. But the point being it would be too easy to make a decision for everyone if he announced who is is directly. Instead he wants us to have free will to choose. Which perhaps is why we only have the indirect evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

hmmm dinosaur bones planted? Never actually thought about that. I don't buy that theory though because the dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. So obviously they were real. As far as home schooling, I think that's way better for kids than public school that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
The bible actually mentions dinosaurs as gods creations.

It does? hmmmm what verse?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Like what?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
No... Namely because “SATAN” is a rank in the Book of Job not an actual entity, Lucifer has propagated fear in something that is not real. There is no Satan only Lucifer, whom creates nothing nor ever will as he/she/it is merely an interloper and nothing more.

There just figures of speech in this day and age. yes I mean lucifer. Most Christians naturally know of Satan and Lucifier as the same life form which is a fallen arch angel. I've heard a Cheribum infact, so super powerful which is perhaps why 1/3rd of the angels ended up following him. Problem being satan is just a creation of God so he's so far lesser in power that it's not even comparible.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by r2d246

Satan is an imaginary being created by xtians in order to frighten little children and those with minds of little children into complience in order to obtain money from them.

If you honestly believe the nonsense you proposed as an explanation for life on earth then you seriously need to psychologically grow up and learn to read.

If you still insist upon believing that this Satan character is in fact real, then unfortunately for you your brain will seriously need to go into hyperdrive as the Bibles (the source of xtian nonsense) quite clearly state that the bible god yahwhe/jesus created evil.

1) Yes that's what satan wants you to think too so I'm sure he's rooting for you

2) So that means me and over a billion others need help? We're all wrong and crazy? hmmmm no majority rules

3) I don't recall reading a verse that says God created evil but I could be wrong. Could be satan created it perhaps?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Ya good point.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kronix

Ya interesting theory for sure. I'm not sure how advanced or perhaps advanced in the same ways we are today. As there's not a lot of physical evidence such as devices and technology at least in the way we look at it. But they might have had various technologies that were far different, perhaps not needing all the devices. Also with so many less people, (at least one would think) there would be less devices or machines if that's how they used technology. But again it's a bit of a theory on the techno side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join