It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Jihad Posters Appear In NYC Subways (IMAGE)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Anti-Jihad Posters Appear In NYC Subways (IMAGE)

www.huffingtonpost.com

The ads – reading, "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad." – went up in 10 stations across Manhattan after a court victory by a conservative commentator who once headed a campaign against an Islamic center near the World Trade Center site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
When I saw this, I was speechless in terms of the message they're sending. Again its protected under the first amendment of free speech but this little message in my opinion just takes the cake.

I haven't seen this ad until now but, I think this is fighting word specially if Israel is involved.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yeah, cuz we all know how civil Israel is!

I guess they are at least posting it in the right US city.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i love how isreal is written in blue (color of loyalty) and jihad is in red (color for anger). i wonder if my tax dollars helped pay for this.
edit on 9/25/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Civilized? The zionists are no better.

In a 71-page report, the rights group said the repeated use of air-burst white phosphorus artillery shells in populated areas of Gaza was not incidental or accidental, but revealed "a pattern or policy of conduct".

Remember this?

Savages indeed. Pot meet kettle.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm missing a lot here. Are the posters here saying that Jihad is more civilized than Israel? It seems that the ad is saying Israel is more civilized than Jihad, support Israel. I don't see the grounds for offense. It sounds right to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Those zany Jews.
Mazel tov!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Geller, executive director of the American Freedom Defense Initiative and publisher of a blog called Atlas Shrugs, has said she's not concerned that her ad could spark protests like the ones against the depiction of Muslims in the video "Innocence of Muslims." Violence linked to the movie has left dozens in seven countries dead, including the American ambassador to Libya.

Nice to see she isn't worried if these start any riots. Like grandpa said "you should always be willing to back up your mouth" so if these do start a riot we should pick her racist butt up and throw her in the middle of it. Her saying Israel is civilized just shows how delusional she is.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm missing a lot here. Are the posters here saying that Jihad is more civilized than Israel? It seems that the ad is saying Israel is more civilized than Jihad, support Israel. I don't see the grounds for offense. It sounds right to me.

You don't see a problem in calling people savages? You don't see any racism in that term at all??

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Israel is throwing the word "civilized" around like "Proof" here on ATS...

note: I've noticed a peak in Israel/ME/Palestine posts lately...its trending and that makes me question the intent...I notice the same thing with "racially" related posts here on ATS...they trend and they hit in clusters...

wonder what the left hand is doing they don't want us to see...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's important to know where they are coming from with that poster.

what they are really trying to convey, behind the lines...
propaganda is powerful and proven to work over and over and over.

$6,000 a sign/10 stations.

am I the only person who thinks that 60,000 could have went towards something nice

who spends 60,000 to divide and hate?
edit on 25-9-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
before anyone says this is free speech, the advert is calling muslims savages, yet they made it illegal to be anti semetic !

and its not about "offending muslims"...this is about alienating a minority.

it might not apply here, but i`l repeat my rant about free speech:

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH WHEN THERE IS AN OBVIOUS AGENDA FOR WAR

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOUR INCITING HATE

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOUR ALIENATING A MINORITY

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF THERE IS AN AGENDA TO GAIN PUBLIC SUPPORT

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH...IF YOU HAD TO PAY FOR IT (lol)

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF IT IS FABRICATED LIES

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOU INTEND FOR BLOOD TO BE SPILT

still i prefer this method of recruiting americas army over a false flag... tut tut

just saying..its less of a poster about anti jihad....and more about pro war.....the advert makes it sound as if isreal want a jihad

its a shame...the advert never had the ticket hotline number....how do i buy tickets for the show

peace and respect
edit on 25-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Dear polarwarrior,

Thanks, I'm glad someone got back to me so I could see what I was missing.

You don't see a problem in calling people savages?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if a person acts like a savage, doesn't that make him a savage?

You don't see any racism in that term at all??
Amazingly enough, I don't. I don't see any particular race as having a monopoly on savagery. Maybe we're using different meanings for "savage." You know, that might be what's causing the trouble. People interpreting it in various ways, and some see it as a racial remark, while others might not.

I'm just guessing because I didn't see the video or the game, but I suspect that a large number of Green Bay fans went temporarily savage after the ref's call.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

And yet, we are often made aware of something disturbing about many (and I do mean many) of these reports...

A number of the allegations are based on not what a soldier claims to have seen himself but rather things he was told by others. And then there's the fact that the accusers have chosen to remain anonymous, usually avoiding reference to specific units or locations so as to prevent them from being identified — which also prevents independent verification. "A considerable portion of the testimony is based on rumors and secondhand accounts," an IDF representative told the Israeli media in response to the report. "Most of the incidents relate to anonymous testimony lacking in identifying details, and accordingly it is not possible to check the allegations on an individual basis in a way that would enable an investigation, confirmation or refutation." The IDF, she said, would investigate any specific allegations brought to its attention.

Of course, the above text was only in reference to the picture that accompanied the 2009 article you provided; so it is not to challenge it's veracity, but solidify it's verifiability.

In the past, many such war crime allegations are made against the United States; yet somehow, such allegations don't stick - often for the very same reported reasons.... How will we overcome such a stumbling block to what we feel is just - when the accusers will not accuse publicly?

Hearsay is a terrible way to make a case.

Just offered for dialog...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear polarwarrior,

Thanks, I'm glad someone got back to me so I could see what I was missing.

You don't see a problem in calling people savages?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if a person acts like a savage, doesn't that make him a savage?

You don't see any racism in that term at all??
Amazingly enough, I don't. I don't see any particular race as having a monopoly on savagery. Maybe we're using different meanings for "savage." You know, that might be what's causing the trouble. People interpreting it in various ways, and some see it as a racial remark, while others might not.

I'm just guessing because I didn't see the video or the game, but I suspect that a large number of Green Bay fans went temporarily savage after the ref's call.

With respect,
Charles1952

If were all apparently savage at one time or another...wouldn't it be hypocritical to call someone else a savage as if you were not?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You have too know who your talking too, to understand their lack of understanding.

Charles last thread speaks volumes. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

My eyes have caught on that too. All this propaganda is aiming towards a specific country and/or group. I find funny how Israel is throwing all these brainwashing ads and message to get the point across that they want war.

Do they really think America is going to stand behind this crap?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOUR ALIENATING A MINORITY

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF THERE IS AN AGENDA TO GAIN PUBLIC SUPPORT

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH...IF YOU HAD TO PAY FOR IT (lol)

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF IT IS FABRICATED LIES

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOU INTEND FOR BLOOD TO BE SPILT

If I may:

Because, despite the preferences of dreamers of Utopia, it appears that war may be a human constant, part of a cultural dynamic that is meant to prevent us from killing off the entire species. War may also be the only means of redress in a hostile circumstance (an invasion, for example.) War is an inevitable circumstance of competition and fear. If any of these ideas has any theoretical merit whatsoever, we must be prepared for war to exist in our midst... as such you cannot limit free speech to "anything but killing and making war." Neither you nor I can foresee the end of every situation... people must be free to discuss it.

Otherwise only "certain" people are allowed to discuss it... thus creating secrets... and power... all of which thrive on vainglorious pride.

That's why it's free speech.

But you DO NOT have to agree,
you DO NOT have to accept it,
you can confront the message FREELY and without fear.

That's free speech too.

Nowhere has any man ever dared to proclaim the ability to eliminate hatred. The few who have left eloquent remembrances of stopping the hate were - for the most part - silenced, imprisoned, or killed. But there message was all so simple that it seems impossible we have forgotten it (after being told so many times in so many cultures.) All you have to do is choose not to hate. (which is, of course, as easy as it sounds... right?)

Children can be incited to hatred, the ignorant can be incited to hatred, which is to say even the innocent can be incited to hatred. But not all people. Mankind is not what it used to be... most people know when something is as it should be, or something is wrong. which extends to when they are being told to hate, when hate is being crammed down their throats, when hate becomes more a tool than a message. Perhaps you can protect children from hate speech... but no others, and certainly no others that are free. The children we can forgive, the ignorant we can educate.... but what of those who choose to hate? We talk to them about it. Perhaps offering them another choice is the first answer.

Please forgive me... it appears I'm going off in a direction which is largely off-topic.

Perhaps another time...

All respect,
be well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Dear Sly1one,

I'm really glad to be questioned, thanks a bunch.

If were all apparently savage at one time or another...wouldn't it be hypocritical to call someone else a savage as if you were not?
Sure. But are the two really equal?

What caught me in the ad, was that it didn't mention Islam or Muslims. It did mention Jihad and Savages. That led me to think he was saying that people on Jihad are savages. I thought that Jihad was a committment that you would gladly die for or do any task rquired; bombing, shooting, working in a factory for ten years to rise to a position to sabotage it. In short, I thought these were serious and disturbed people.

Packer fans, even Republicans and Democrats, rarely get to the level of fanatical hatred and bloodshed that Jihad gets to regularly.

I've "gone savage" a couple of times in the last two years, both were caused by ATS threads. But after asking for help from the Mods, I calmed down and it was all good. What that taught me was to appreciate and understand the anger and rage some people can feel. It also gave me some ideas to keep me from totally surrendering to the hate.

I think that may be a big part of the difference between a "civilized man" and a "savage."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Very well written.

I can see if the U.S. could put something out like this and oh man, would it be on the front page of every newspaper in America but, see something like this coming from another country running these ad's is ridiculous and for me, I find it disrespectful for them to spread this kind of hates massages.

Nobody is 100% civilized in this world and Israel from all people who's government is so eager to push the "red button" another country.

Forget that kind of free speech, I hope see it those kinds of ads coming down quickly as fast as they went up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join