It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Surround Congress in Madrid and Demand Immdeidate Resignation of Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

they are down playing it so people don't rush to join them. Think about it. A European capital with hundreds of thousands of people in violent protest calling for ALL GOVERNMENT to step down.....they don't want it to be millions of protesters, then they have to abandon the capital.....IN EUROPE.....

Egypt anyone....

edit on 26-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It may be a good job that this isn't being reported in U.S. MSM as they would spin it into something different.

I hope it continues and the Spanish get some kind of result that will be TOO hard to deny and would speak for itself.

The thing I would be considering is WHO instigated this and WHO would organise a new government. CIA?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow.
That's impressive!
"they've got the power but we've got the numbers...gonna win we will, taking over, come on!" - Morrison
it is time for all of those who know~

LOVE∞

mayallsoulsbefree

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

it was organized by many groups. The media back in august here was saying that it was anon.....although they showed their support it was ALL democracy now type organizations

here is the thread I made in august

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They want to hold emergency elections with candidates they have chosen that are representative of their views.
edit on 26-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I still have yet to find anything in the US media about it. But somehow the hit and run by the grandson of the guy that owns Red Bull made top new still.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Looks like things are heating up today. Now the protesters are using molotov cocktails.

edit on 26-9-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Violence in Greece, Spain spooks markets
September 26, 2012 9:55 AM ET

By PAN PYLAS

money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20120926&id=15599939

LONDON (AP) - Markets were spooked Wednesday by scenes of violent protests on the streets of Athens and Madrid, which reignited concerns over Europe's ability to implement the measures needed to deal with its big debts.

A day after U.S. stocks suffered their biggest retreat in three months on comments from a leading official at the Federal Reserve, investors in Europe and Asia have grown jittery as the protests in Greece and Spain turned ugly.

The euro was also down, further below $1.30, while oil prices retreated toward $90 a barrel, further indications of investor unease.

A general strike in Greece turned violent after demonstrators protesting against planned government spending cuts threw molotov cocktails. A day earlier, clashes broke out at a similar demonstration in Madrid, which is also preparing new austerity measures.

"The prospect that Spain might prove as truculent as Athens on the subject of reforms is a particularly uncomfortable one, since it risks making the Greek situation look like a mere sideshow," said Chris Beauchamp, market analyst at IG Index. "Oh, and the Greeks are on strike again, just to underline this point."

In Europe, Spain's IBEX index led the list of fallers, trading 3.3 percent lower at 7,903. Germany's DAX was 1.8 percent lower at 7,295 while the CAC-40 in France fell 2 percent at 3,443. The FTSE 100 index of leading British shares was down 1.2 percent at 5,787.

The drop marked a sharp end to weeks of upbeat investor sentiment. Markets have been buoyant since the European Central Bank unveiled in August a plan to lower the borrowing rates of countries like Spain and Italy and prevent a breakup of the 17-country eurozone. Fresh stimulus measures from major central banks also boosted sentiment.

On Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average opened flat at 13,457 while the broader S&P 500 index fell 0.1 percent to 1,440.

On Tuesday, U.S. stocks fell sharply after a warning from the Fed's Charles Plosser that the central bank's efforts to support the world's biggest economy would likely fall short of its goals.

Earlier in Asia, Japan's Nikkei 225 stock average closed down 2 percent at 8,906.70 and Hong Kong's Hang Seng dropped 0.8 percent to end at 20,527.73. South Korea's Kospi shed 0.6 percent to 1,980.44. China's Shanghai Composite Index shed 0.6 percent to 2,004.17.

The tensions weren't just evident in stock markets — the euro was down a further 0.4 percent at $1.2853. Only last week, it was trading at multi-month highs around $1.32.

Meanwhile, the benchmark New York oil contract was $1.09 lower at $90.74 a barrel.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by jacknast76

Fair enough, but as I am sure you know sarcasm does not translate well as text.

it reads fine when you read the last sentence, try reading his entire post next time

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Still a really big media blackout over this. Only reason I bring this up is, some are getting upset just over the blackout.

Not sure is the media blackout is going to do more harm in the end then good.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

wow are you that big of a tool that you believe everything the russian government tells you? Don't blame america because russia is such a weak nation that even the Chechnya rebels were to much for them.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

wow are you that big of a tool that you believe everything the russian government tells you? Don't blame america because russia is such a weak nation that even the Chechnya rebels were to much for them.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

With this useless comment you just make me realise why America is screwed.

Always trying to separate... As a result unification for "one" cause is almost impossible.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Since the US is the policeman of the Elite we would probably see big time resistance to anything like this happening here! Plus the amount of people in perpetual sleep are hard pressed to be awakened! I don't believe that Americans will ever do anything like what has already happened to Iceland or what is now starting to happen in greece even though this is what is needed to break the chains of enslavement! God I hope I am wrong but it will take way more austerity to anger Americans to the point of utter outright rebellion! We should have been the 1st domino to fall because of the amount of armed Americans and it seems to be outragous that we rage against unfair representation but fail to represent what is needed to change this! Sort of ironic how we were founded on
the ideals of equality but failed miserably to maintain these ideals for all Americans! I never joined up with the armed services because i did'nt like being told what to do, who i am, when to eat and especially who to hurt but
it seems that is exactly what is happening to the public today! We are enslaved through the control implimented by the global elite and noone can save us but ourselves and no amount of voting, letter writing or research will change this! Only through a total rejection of the federal government, banks and corrupt industry will we have any effect! Then when our numbers are high enough, marching on the headquarters of the elitist puppets to bring about their resignations! They should fear us more then they do the Elitist power brokers before the elitist decide
we are no longer an asset and attempt to get rid of us! I expect we are running out of time and our chances of creating positive change go down with the stroke of every pen from the puppets in our government! I wish we had somewhere to escape to like our forefathers did but this is not the case today! I would gladly sacrifice all i have to see us become the nation we once were, free from unfair government, self sustaining and free from tyranny of the nanny state that gives more monies to wealthy companies then to those who really need it!
Stop letting the media, political puppets and anger divide us against each other! This is what the elitist want to
bring about the changes that will destroy lives! We need to think for ourselves not watch the propaganda spouted on the news by hate mongers! We need to stop blaming those that havent any powers like the poor, immigrants
and foreign countries cause we are the ones that allowed all this to happen to us! Be kind to each other because
love and hate are contagious! Goodluck all and never give up the good fight!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by McGinty

Greek protests are against further 'austerity' measures, Spanish protests call for the removal of government?

UK media and public information reports on what to expect when disagreeing with government but government do not want the public to be aware that in other parts of the world, protesters have introduced the idea that government are dispensible?

Most likely some sort of commercial arrangement? An bilateral agreement between the two countries' tourist boards perhaps?

So as i suspected: Questioning the validity of policy is permissible, but questioning the validity of the government itself is not; at least in the eyes of the UK establishment where there is a media blackout on this (i can't speak for the rest of the world).

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by McGinty

Greek protests are against further 'austerity' measures, Spanish protests call for the removal of government?

UK media and public information reports on what to expect when disagreeing with government but government do not want the public to be aware that in other parts of the world, protesters have introduced the idea that government are dispensible?

Most likely some sort of commercial arrangement? An bilateral agreement between the two countries' tourist boards perhaps?

So as i suspected: Questioning the validity of policy is permissible, but questioning the validity of the government itself is not; at least in the eyes of the UK establishment where there is a media blackout on this (i can't speak for the rest of the world).

US is still in blackout mode over it as well. You might see a small article about it some where but it does not take long be for that article is hidden someplace on the page or buried under a bunch of old stories.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

As someone noted earlier, this isn't about taking a down a gov. because of tyranny etc., this is about the gov. cutting back and programs having to be cut. This is not some protest to get Gov. out of their life, its about the Gov. needing to do -more-for the people and the people not wanting to pay for it...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

This news isnt even running in the headlines section on skynews. You know the headlines which run across the bottom of the screen while other news is talked about?

Very strange!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Its only a gathering of people in madrid ... yes there have been some skirmishes, but its nothing more

Its not quite civil war and they haven't burnt the city down yet

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by MrWendal

This news isnt even running in the headlines section on skynews. You know the headlines which run across the bottom of the screen while other news is talked about?

Very strange!

They did post it but not headline. It was a sub article with another. I saw no other way to get to the article.

Here article I had to use to get to the one about Spain

Violence Flares In Athens Amid Mass Strike

Here is the one about Spain

Thousands Rage Against Cutbacks In Spain

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I believe we have to find our own news now .. or be fed propaganda with a spin. This site has some good info ( and has a plug in translator ) that you wont find in the msm

www.infoculta.com...

This livestream channel www.livestream.com... has recordings of streams from last night and will be going live later once the protests restart ( 7pm ish GMT I believe )

and posted this blog spanishrevolution11.wordpress.com... on the other ATS thread on the Spanish uprising .
Written by someone who was there.

Hope this helps

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I believe we have to find our own news now .. or be fed propaganda with a spin. This site has some good info ( and has a plug in translator ) that you wont find in the msm

www.infoculta.com...

This livestream channel www.livestream.com... has recordings of streams from last night and will be going live later once the protests restart ( 7pm ish GMT I believe )

and posted this blog spanishrevolution11.wordpress.com... on the other ATS thread on the Spanish uprising .
Written by someone who was there.

Hope this helps

Guess that's why it took so long for the media over to start posting the story. Check the CNN report, the 4th pic' listed. I know I've seen that guy in another photo, but he looked like he was yelling at a cop not the protesters. Anyone able to find more out on this?

CNN

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join