It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocoee family says officer shot, killed pet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Here we go again.
Maybe a separate forum needs to be created for cop shoots family dog stories.
Do they make canine body armor?
I'm seriously tired of this.

www.clickorlando.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
OMG a freekin boxer?
I'm not buying that she bit him. Boxers are very well know for using their front paws, and it is more likely that she did scratch him. They are very protective, especially with kids, but normally it is all vocal, unless the kids were grabbed or hurt.

We always had to warn people about ours using their paws. And we couldn't let our female out when the adults were playing football with the kids. She didn't bite, but she would tackle anyone that tackled her boys.

And why did he refuse medical treatment, if he was bit?
edit on 25-9-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The Schutts say bullet fragments struck their front door right where their 9-year-old and 6-year-old children were standing.

From OP link

Saw this on the news, didn't happen far from where I live. This will keep happening until officers are not held above the law. They see that there are virtually no consequences in shooting and killing.

Sickening.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i have to agree. i am getting sick of hearing about cops seemingly indiscriminately shooting down family pets. is this not a good time to consider using those dammed stun guns? i doubt the normal "if you stun someone with a gun the gun could go off" will work for reasoning why they don't. i can understand someone being frightened of a dog that appears that it might be charging, but still no excuse for pulling a gun and blasting away, especially with innocent civilians HOLDING the dog, and kids near by. anyone else starting to feel like these cops are getting their rocks off by shooting and killing live targets?

here is an idea to curb it. killing a police dog carries the same penalty as killing a human cop, as the dog is rightfully considered a police officer. lets add civilian pets to that. in other words kill a dog in this manor then face criminal charges as if a human was shot. maybe that would rein in these freaked out cops. maybe then cops will just go back to shooting flies off barn walls for fun.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJagov

I wonder how long before police start shooting pet goldfish because they felt threatened.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Not a bad idea, except they aren't held accountable when they shoot a human either.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My respect for police is so low it and I used to really feel for police and I know there is good cops out there but now I always assume they are bad. There is clearly some major problem facing society today if this type of police action is as common as it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here's a story showing the double standard police use when their K-9's are attacked, versus them killing innocent pets. What is this world coming to?

Fox 8 Cleveland

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by retiredTxn
Here's a story showing the double standard police use when their K-9's are attacked, versus them killing innocent pets. What is this world coming to?

Fox 8 Cleveland

Its how they perceive the world. They are great and perfect and everything that is not them is trash.

From a K-9 vs your beloved retriever to a beat cop vs a prize winning geneticist. Everything that isnt part of them is trash.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by JimmyJagov

I wonder how long before police start shooting pet goldfish because they felt threatened.

I wonder how long before someone steps back inside the house and comes back outside and shoots a cop, then claiming self defense or emotional distress.

Frankly it is only a matter of time now. You can only push so hard so many times, before you will eventually get pushed back. Generally speaking, people do respect Police Officers. These situations are not happening in the ghettos, this is happening in your average middle class neighborhoods. This is happening in your middle/upper class neighborhoods. These are the type of people who (generally speaking) do support their local Police and do tend to give Officers the benefit of the doubt...... and it is all coming to an end.

Mark my words. It is only a matter of time before someone takes a stand. It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i think your police have been replaced by alien reptilian shape shifters and they have a great fear of dogs and like to kill them for no reason , its the only explanation because its not human what there doing the freaks

one more thing anybody who can kill a defenseless animal are only one step away from killing people just as easy
edit on 25-9-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I Just Posted about one this time in Idaho!

Police shoot another Dog

Geez...this is insane! There may need to be a new forum for this! UGH!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A lot of you are way to quick to judge these cops,especially with what little info there is in the OP's article. Seriously use a little bit of common sense.Do you really think he would have shot that dog if what the lady says happened is actually what happened?

From the article : "The officer just pulled out his gun and shot her three times while I had a hold of her," said Jackie Schutt.

Yeah,okay.He just randomly shot your dog while you "had a hold of her" .I don't buy it.Fact is the dog was probably aggressive and did bite the guy.I had a boxer so I know how protective they can be but some of the blame has to be put on the owners too.If you know your dog is going to go crazy when someone knocks on your door do not let the damn dog near it when you open it!!
edit on 25-9-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
A lot of you are way to quick to judge these cops,especially with what little info there is in the OP's article. Seriously use a little bit of common sense.Do you really think he would have shot that dog if what the lady says happened is actually what happened?

From the article : "The officer just pulled out his gun and shot her three times while I had a hold of her," said Jackie Schutt.

Yeah,okay.He just randomly shot your dog while you "had a hold of her" .I don't buy it.Fact is the dog was probably aggressive and did bite the guy.I had a boxer so I know how protective they can be but some of the blame has to be put on the owners too.If you know your dog is going to go crazy when someone knocks on your door do not let the damn dog near it when you open it!!
edit on 25-9-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

So what about the cop that kicked the dog and then shot it was that the dogs fault for playing too nice

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wish the thread title read:

"Ocoee police say family shot, killed officer after shooting their pet."

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
I wish the thread title read:

"Ocoee police say family shot, killed officer after shooting their pet."

that is going to happen at some point , a dog is a member of the family its like a child that never grows up ,they always need you to take care of them

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Yes I do believe that a police officer would do that when they have time off from shooting double amputee's, brutally beating the mentally ill, generally harassing law abiding citizens and congratulating each other on how big their badges are.

I'm sure that their are still some good officers left but anyone that believes an officer "wouldn't do that" is either naive or has some sort of vested interest in the reputation of the police.

If officers don't want to come under public scrutiny, they should try and live by the rules the rest of society has to live by.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Miri08 because: ...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Do you really think he would have shot that dog if what the lady says happened is actually what happened?

Yes. I do.

Hope this helps.
edit on 25-9-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Have you done an ATS search on this subject?
Just type Police shoot dog.

My goodness, it is ridiculous how many times this has happened. Sorry, but there is NO excuse.
As has been mentioned in the past, why not use the stun gun? Mace?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I grew up in an inner city and I have personally seen cops do and say things which you would never believe unless you saw it yourself. I can absolutley believe what she says, psycologically some people go on power trips and when its a cop look the %^&* out!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join