It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the power of thought free yourself from peoples games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wrote this blog post, thought I'd share here.

“To maintain a healthy mind, we must be careful to not give away our power of “freewill”, and not become emotionally enslaved by others.”

During social interactions throughout our lives, we encounter people who try to absorb us into their realities. It could be our parents, teachers, friends or anyone who gets us out of our heart space and into the cycle of thought. It is here where we become “entangled” in a web of lies and deceit, and it is here where we struggle to get back into the heart space, as the true self naturally tries to regain order over the body, but it becomes blocked by the ego.

To understand the paragraph above, one must understand the following quote:

“The power of “thought” can also be referred to as a form of “magic” because it places us under a binding spell. When these thoughts manifest into words, they become a channeled frequency, which penetrates our minds and enslaves us through programmings should we happen to surrender to it, rather than surrender to our own hearts.”

Ever had a friend or a family member, who constantly nagged or ranted about how unfair life is? Or how about a friend who ranted about losing a Job? What about those parents trying to live out their dreams through their children because they could not live out their own? I am sure some of you may have gone through some of these if not all. The funny thing is, this is not isolated to just friends and family, it is literally all around us, from the daily soap operas on the T.V set, to that boss who treats his workers poorly, etc...

Whatever the case is, all these have one thing in common; they all take us outside of our hearts and into the realm of the mind. This shift from heart to mind is the main source of depression and anxiety, along with the core root of the problem most of us have due to a society that encourages egotistical beliefs and lifestyles rather than encourage you to be yourself.

However, keep in mind; pointing the fingers at society, (or anyone for that matter), will not solve the problem. We each have the responsibility to choose our own paths and not to surrender our power to anyone other than to our own selves. I am not saying you are to blame, (then again, you partially are, as am “I”), but what I am saying is that, each and “every” one of you has the power to take back control of your lives and be happy within yourselves. Nevertheless, do not be too hard on yourself either; almost 80% of the entire population has succumbed to the ego and it has been that way for thousands of years. It is now that the tide is beginning to turn. (More on this on a later post)

How do we become baited and stuck in other people’s realities?

To understand the cause, first we must understand the power of thought through the laws of attraction and the laws of karma.

This is important to know because we each have the abilities to manifest through our own thoughts. If you think, “you cannot manifest things based on thoughts alone,” then you are sadly mistaken. Thoughts are energy patterns that gets stored at the core of the universe, and where it remains stored until the observer of observers; decides to act on your behalf.

Ever had that moment where you feared something would happen and it actually ended up happening? Alternatively, how about any moments where you thought about something, and several hours, to a month later, that very thing you thought about just happens to appear before you? Some may say this is a mere “coincidence”. However is it really just a coincidence, or is there something trying to stop you from actually believing in what you are probably thinking of as “nonsense”? There is only one-way to verify if this is truth or not, and the answer is inside your very own heart, that you probably mistrust on a daily basis.

This is how manifestation works, through both our fears and desires. In other words, you are the creator of your own reality. What you put out will manifest, including those “demons” inside your closet.

Most of the time what causes it is mostly due to our inability to trust our own hearts. Other times we choose to feel this way due to our empathy, in an attempt to put ourselves in other people’s shoes in order to relate and help them. However, if you are an unaware empath, this could prove to be quite a difficult challenge especially if you do not know how to control this ability, because the majority of the time; you may end of confusing other people's emotions as your own.

I cannot stress enough how many times I have seen people lose control of their own selves by being misled by others or the thought patterns caused by others. Whether it is a direct or indirect influence, the bottom line is, we end up falling for people’s baits. However, here I will show you, how to steal yourself away from the negative influences and get back what was once taken from you.

Picture yourself as water, and be aware when baited, and learn to say "No"
Stop reacting out of fear
Tolerate other people’s opinions even though you do not agree with them.(To each their own, is a good phrase.)
Choose to remain in your heart rather than be baited into the argument.
The more at peace with yourself you are the more you reflect that peace unto others.

So where does this all lead to? That you become lost inside your mind as you allow others to absorb you into their beliefs and “thought” patterns, and you lose the ability to think for your-self which allows you to form your own conclusions, based on your own personal findings. It is only when you think, and become true to your-self; that you will take back your power and control of your own life.

(Just a spoiler: you never lost your power; you just hid it in a dark corner while you succumbed to the influence of the people around you. I call this the garbage piled up due to the thought patterns of others.)

Even this very post, should not be “believed”, but rather; analyzed, and verified through your own heart, and your own conclusions. Ultimately, truth resides within you and you alone, and this requires you to spend some time in meditation and alone with yourself. Try it; you may end up surprised by the results.

As for those who managed to absorb you into their realities, never show resentment towards those who bait you. Give them a break, most of them do it “unintentionally”, and are still learning to cope with their reality just as you are. Therefore, the key is to let it go and express gratitude for the lesson they have provided. Not to mention, that only you are responsible for choosing to react to them in the first place.

When you look at life as a lesson, you will find that everything becomes easier to cope with as you begin to understand why certain past events happened to you. Once you learn to trust yourself, and not believe in everything you read or hear. You will notice patterns throughout your life, and this reveals the reasons why “that particular event” gave you that deep wound in your past.

Sometimes things happen for reasons that which we cannot explain, as we draw in people who teach us hard lessons that allows us to know our purpose during this experience. No matter what happens in life; however, we will always have the choice, and that choice is not to react nor play other people’s games.

From my blog
Power of thought, free youself from peoples games

edit on 25-9-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that....its exactly what I'm looking for right now, been feeling a bit lost in the woods.
So much of that link rings true to me.
good stuff!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Just what I needed this morning..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It's like when a friend talks to me about a problem, I try to help out a little too much (because I can do anything, the e-word) and then suddenly....my friend is fine again and I inherited their mess.

It's really challenging, but also feels good, learning how to listen and be there for someone without letting them drain me.

I recently saw an old quote, "don't borrow trouble"....there was another part of it I can't remember, but that's good enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

This stuff is as real as it gets.

OP why are you so selfish with your own text ? You could have an excellent thread here.

edit on 25-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

bad habit from linking articles in the past on ats. got used to the small quotes

I edited the OP.

edit on 25-9-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Now that's completely more like it. Hell ya happy as summer waters.

Excellent thread !
edit on 25-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just wanted to say, Thanks, and glad to have helped in some way shape or form. What I wrote is based on personal experiences, observation, and some psychology I ended up reading into. I hope it empowers you to take back control of your lives.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't think it's a good idea to look at life as a "school" or a "learning-place for lessons", once you do that you associate with "school" (which is something unnatural that is forced upon people).

Life is just living - it is just happening - it is just existing - we give it a meaning or association....

We create illusions such as "possession". We say we "own" this or we "own" that - when in reality it is just existing and then we try to control that existence.

This is how it is 100% fact that FREEDOM is a core essence of freedom and that BONDAGE/SLAVERY is an illusion that humans created which cause suffering...

So, to FREE yourself of othering people "controlling" you - is to simply help a madman to rememebr that in reality there is no "POSSESSING" and if they are so stuck move away from that crazy people - and be free which is 100% inherent that all beings are naturallly having equally.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I don't think it's a good idea to look at life as a "school" or a "learning-place for lessons", once you do that you associate with "school" (which is something unnatural that is forced upon people).

Life is just living - it is just happening - it is just existing - we give it a meaning or association....

We create illusions such as "possession". We say we "own" this or we "own" that - when in reality it is just existing and then we try to control that existence.

This is how it is 100% fact that FREEDOM is a core essence of freedom and that BONDAGE/SLAVERY is an illusion that humans created which cause suffering...

So, to FREE yourself of othering people "controlling" you - is to simply help a madman to rememebr that in reality there is no "POSSESSING" and if they are so stuck move away from that crazy people - and be free which is 100% inherent that all beings are naturallly having equally.

I have been reading alot of your posts lately, and I have to say I agree with the majority of them for the most part. However, here is why I stated "to look at life as a learning experience."

(just to clarify my intentions)

The blog post was mostly meant for those who aren't awakened yet, so to try and put an optimistic view on life, I wrote that phrase in an attempt to cause a minor shift, from negative to positive. (I learned this based on my own personal battle against ego) the perspective allowed me to forgive those who hurt me in the past. And forgiveness is one of the keys to transcending duality, because when you forgive others you forgive yourself. That was why I said that, while you may be correct that seeing as a "school" is erroneous, I stand by my choice to see life this way, in order to shift views quickly.

For example, someone views life as unfair, and like a wall. They would limit themselves by seeing life this way, especially if they were programmed by others to feel this way. They become stuck, and hold unto grudges against those who treated them poorly.

So how do we cause a shift from the perspective above ^ to a positive one? There are many ways, but people who are not awake still live behind logic. So I gave a logical perspective on how to view life, to jump start their journey. And that perspective is to see every negative occurrence in life as a lesson, for self improvement.

By doing this, not only will you be able to look at the past without the painful emotions, but you will also be able to unlock the reasons WHY it happened, and also be able to heal that part of your past and let it go.

This is how I dealt with my past, by looking at it as a lesson rather than a weight over my shoulders, and it allowed me to heal and forgive.

For the most part though, you are correct, life IS just living, but in order to understand this one must go through steps.

You can't overwhelm someone with alot of information at once, this is dangerous because the ego will become rebellious to massive information. It is best to give information like a guru does, in small healthy doses that the human mind can grasp. Sooner or later their mind will expand and they will be able to handle large doses of information.

baby steps

edit on 26-9-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So beautifully articulated OP.

The loneliness of the ego-less/observer-more path can be depressing. But those emotional links are there to examine as well. Withdrawing is a way and pretty much the way of the past. Now, as more and more are having these synchronous "awakenings" or learning the advanced tools of the mind/body/creation-machine to manifest their realities, it becomes less isolating and more communal.

Funniest thing is when troll-types who have never done the work to quiet mind, find presence & peace, and learn to understand the body machine is not a belief-machine (although it is if that is your choosing/programming), but rather the creation-machine that it is, will ego-battle in mockery & ignorance while the ones with understanding realize "they know not what they do". Sounds very egotistical, this writing, if you ask me. But that mirror, that awareness is exactly what makes it not. More like the awareness an adult has over a child. Awareness has no age yet when we look only at appearances and ages, we put ourselves as equals via ego. But the unaware has not developed the lenses and mirrors to a point where they can recognize their own errors.

See, once you come to this understanding and flesh it out in your own life, there is no going backwards. You can't unlearn the alphabet once you learn it. You understand, you apply. So when deniers and doubters scoff, as they do all over this fookin site, the sound of wisdom is often silence and a smile. namaste. Eventually the arguers and blockers of creation who live in duality and not in the more evolved, open-minded, non-label/judging world will have the world to themselves as they continue to fight and destroy one another. Like attracts like and we are radio transmitters of energy. The US is transmitting some pretty heavy collective energy in terms of instability, neuroticism, war, obesity, and on and on. We are the petri dish of what happens when the ego-mind is given control over the operating system. As more and more learn that the Observer/Experiencer (soul/spirit if you will) is the true captain of the machine, the ego component, which is very valuable and not to be utterly obliterated, learns to trust the O/E and will acquiesce to it resulting in an entirely new experience and way to interact on this planet. It's true and until new information comes my way via experience, I have no reason to argue with anyone whether the crap I write is true or not.

If someone comes along in a car driving in a forward gear, but the entire society is trained and has laws in place to drive only in reverse, and whom 90% don't even know other gears exist, well, they will medicate you and put you in jail for violating their "belief-laws", which most laws on the books are. The rules are for the rule-less--those who have been trained since day 1 in ego and belief and have no other concept of other possibilities for the human experience. And they will fight you to defend it. And they will kill you as history has proven.

Get the focus off original sin bogusness and hidden/mysterious gods who will save or curse you and on the the REALITY of what your mind/body machine is capable of if you can only cut through the trojan horses, viruses and prisons that others have uploaded to your programming from the day you were born,

Beautiful post OP.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ok, now I understand.
That makes a lot of sense.

Some people say that becoming enlightened means that the type of beliefs and thoughts will change.

For Example:

One person will believe the world is hell and everything is bad here.
Another will think it's bad but learn to ACCEPT it.
Another will focus on the positive things in the world and DENY the bad to feel better...
And finally another will see the beauty in the very EXISTENCE of the world the "I AM " without judgment.

It makes sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Ok, now I understand.
That makes a lot of sense.

Some people say that becoming enlightened means that the type of beliefs and thoughts will change.

For Example:

One person will believe the world is hell and everything is bad here.
Another will think it's bad but learn to ACCEPT it.
Another will focus on the positive things in the world and DENY the bad to feel better...
And finally another will see the beauty in the very EXISTENCE of the world the "I AM " without judgment.

It makes sense.

Exactly,
You've got it

that is the gist of it.
A world without judgement is a world filled with peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
Thanks for sharing that....its exactly what I'm looking for right now, been feeling a bit lost in the woods.
So much of that link rings true to me.
good stuff!

Glad to have helped

Peace be with you and all those who commented.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This is important to know because we each have the abilities to manifest through our own thoughts. If you think, “you cannot manifest things based on thoughts alone,” then you are sadly mistaken. Thoughts are energy patterns that gets stored at the core of the universe, and where it remains stored until the observer of observers; decides to act on your behalf.

Just curious, but has this assertion been scientifically verified, observed, etc? I've never before heard that thoughts are energy patterns stored at the core of the universe. I'm interested to see how "sadly mistaken" I am.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I know -exactly- why one winds up giving their power away to another and getting entangled in unhappy scenarios and stuff as afore-described.
You must take a brutally honest look at your own motives, hidden agendas, like, I used to expect that this guy was going to rescue me, if I gave my power away to him. But that right there, is a road to hell. eventually, I was looking at why I needed to be rescued by anyone other than me. I used to suffer from severe clinical depression, but not anymore. Ignorance is not bliss!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Just curious, but has this assertion been scientifically verified, observed, etc? I've never before heard that thoughts are energy patterns stored at the core of the universe. I'm interested to see how "sadly mistaken" I am.

What I am talking about is God.

Think of the Mind of God being a super computer, and us being small desktops wired into this super computer. What we think is what we send back to this computer and this computer complies and grants you your wish according to your thoughts.

It could be either negative or positive. If you think negative negative is what you will get, if you think positive, positivity is what you will get.

Think of yourself as a mirror a moment, you reflect your own thoughts unto the world. There is no science proof of this. The only thing that has come close is quantum physics and string theory.

However, on an individual level, you can verify it by simply meditating. If you are a skeptic on the subject of God, source, the Tao (w/e you want to call it, him/her) This may prove hard to grasp because your mind will rise against it. However I challenge you to silence your mind and look within while feeling love. Focus intent, on feeling energy around you. The moment you begin feeling your aura, with the intent of your thoughts alone, you may discover what I have personally discovered. I dont have proof, but I am showing you the way for personal proof.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You certainly are passionate on this subject lots of details in the OP. I think a person needs to stay true to their heart, even if its a failed path. Im sure alot with disagree.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Excellent post! Very well written! I think that you are on point with this topic.

top topics

join