It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid proven a liar, yet no backlash.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Harry Reid swore to America that Romney paid no tax's. Where is the backlash? Romney paid more than all the billionaires supporting Obama did and were screaming that they want to pay more. Well Romney paid more than he owed without taking the deduction it affords him. Al Gore paid under 300 dollars to charity!! Romney did what the Left has been screaming that the rich should do while the Left Wing billionaires hoard their money!! Hypocrisy? Say one thing, do another. You can not go back and change your tax return so don't bother with that nonsense. The evidence is in. Romney is rich and helping others who are not. Exactly what the Left claims the rich should do. While the Left talks about it but does not do it Romney does it but had to be forced to show it. This speaks volumes to me. I am however a sane individual.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Reid stilll can't help himself... Now he's accusing Romney of manipulating his 2011 return to reflect prior claims. Flipping Amazing!!! Where is Reid's accountablity? Where are his facts? What pure BS

Poor ultra-partisan, befuddled Senate Majority Leader Harry (Pa Kettle) Reid. Remember when he accused Mitt Romney from the floor of the Senate of not paying taxes for a decade?

Now he accuses him of manipulating his 2011 taxes to “conform with his public statements,” after the Republican presidential challenger's return showed he paid nearly $500,000 more than he should have.

Huh?

As Harry sees it, "Governor Romney is showing us what he does when the public is looking. The true test of his character would be to show what he did when everyone was not looking at his taxes."

I'm a bit confused. Isn't “Pa” the Majority Leader of the Senate? Doesn't that mean he is the leader of all the senators? Exactly how awful was Sharon Engel's campaign that this man actually won another term in 2010?

Reid didn't like the results of Romney's return and now has to pull more crap... Time to put a muzzle on Reid

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Reid's comments were about Romney's taxes while he was with Bain, not his 2011 taxes.

His specific comments were:

"Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years," Reid recounted the person as saying.

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain," said Reid. "But obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?

So Reid's comments have nothing to do with his 2011 tax returns, but Romney's refusal to release his tax returns from before he was running for President does suggest that he is still in fact hiding something.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Doesn’t your thread constitute backlash?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What sort of backlash do you expect? Harry Reid said that he thought Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years......so he was wrong. No harm done from what I can tell and who cares what he says anyway.

But it is very telling that Romney paid MORE in taxes than he needed to just to make sure he looked better in the public eye. Paying more in taxes in not a very conservative thing to do. Why wouldn't he pay the lesser rate and be proud of it?

Let me say that in a different way: Romney DID manipulate his taxes in an attempt to sway public perception for political purposes.

So Harry Reid may have said some dumb crap, but he isn't the one that had to change his tax liability so he would look better to the sheep that ate this up.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Too often citizens will sell their souls (vote party lines no matter what) for 40 pieces of silver (ego).

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

What sort of backlash do you expect? Harry Reid said that he thought Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years......so he was wrong. No harm done from what I can tell and who cares what he says anyway.

Wrong!! Wrong!! Reid "thought" nothing. It was not Reid's opinion. He had no evidence and still does not...

This new information contradicts a malicious claim about Romney's taxes made by Harry Reid during an interview with the Huffington Post. In the interview, Reid claimed someone with close connections to Bain Capital had told him "Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years." Reid doubled down on the claim a few days later, saying his source was "extremely credible." Reid also repeated the claim on the Senate floor, saying, "The word is out that he hasn't paid any taxes for ten years. Let him prove that he has paid taxes because he hasn't." Nancy Pelosi jumped on the Reid bandwagon a week after the story got started,saying, "Harry Reid made a statement that is true. Somebody told him. It is a fact."

No harm done when the Senate Majority leader blatantly lies??? Really?? Now he lies yet again??

A letter from auditors at Price Waterhouse Cooper states unequivocally that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney paid taxes every year between 1990 and 2009. This puts an end, once and for all, to irresponsible left-wing media speculation started by Sen. Harry Reid and the Huffington Post back in July.

Romney's campaign released the letter Friday, revealing a 20-year span of Romney's taxes and finding the average amount paid during that period was 20.20 percent. The letter also states the lowest annual tax in a single year was 13.66 percent.

www.mittromney.com...

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What i expect is the moral majority to hold Democrats to the same standard they do Republicans. I expect the truth or silence. Reid was obviously playing politics for the left. He knew Romney paid his tax's. He blatantly lied.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Lies only matter when there is an R by there name.

Reids claim Romney paid no taxes we all knew even without the release he does ok that still won't please Romney detractors.

So here is the part where I use a liberal argument saying he still pays property taxes and all those other taxes

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Harry Reid is an insanely jealous envious Gila Monster.

He can't stand any resistance or criticisms and will attack on command.

Inside info says he is bipolar and on medications.

That would explain his constant mood swings and raving attacks.

I believe is undergoing therapy.

And he is definitely a Donkey-Konger.

Like a Gila Monster, he won't let go after biting

(Legend says that if a Gila Monster bites you, it won't let go until it thunders or until the sun goes down)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I understand and commented considering fact that I didn't pay much attention to this topic. This is almost like the Birther issue and I find it completely stupid.

That being said, Harry Reid was wrong....and maybe he lied. What now? Do we burn his home to the ground and sacrifice his children to the great Owl god?

What are we supposed to do?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How so? Romney has not provided any proof to counter Reid's (admittedly aggressive an provocative) claim. All we DO know is that Romney:
- has a history of lying on his taxes (any Mass resident can explain it to you)
- has a provable history of doing 180s on nearly everything he ever said, sometimes within the same day
- claims his money is in a "blind trust," which is legally meant to be someone not close to the person holding the assets, yet his "blind" trust is run by his best friend and personal attorney
- coincidentally divests himself of Chinese investments in companies under attack for intellectual property theft this summer so he can attack Obama on not protecting intellectual property
- hides so much money offshore is took 239 pages in his taxes for 2011 to explain
- paid taxes on an estimated $20M in income in April this year, yet reports only some $14M in income when his taxes are released
- manipulates his charitable deductions to make sure his tax liability is above the threshold he told ABC news in July that he pays (had he taken the full $4m+ deduction his tax rate would have been below 13%
- abjectly refuses to release his full taxes contrary to a the moral tradition established by his own father and subsequently followed by every nominee since (even that scion of honesty Nixon)
- required HIS would-be running mates to supply some ten years of their returns for a lesser job, but tells us we've no right to ask for the same from one running for president
- has the unmitigated gall to criticize 47% of us re our taxes, yet refuses to show his own

Based on all that, I'd say the burden remains on Romney to prove Reid wrong and that we should ALL assume Romney has serious things to hide (like applying for federal tax evasion amnesty in 2009) in his taxes. There is ZERO logical reason otherwise not to release his taxes. Romney has NO credibility in this argument.

When it comes to the vital characteristic of "trust," only an abject moron would extend Romney any. Provide a SINGLE example of something Romney has DONE (not said) that earns him the assumption of trustworthiness...come on, a single thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Burden of proof is on the accuser (Reid). He made some very bold claims and put them on the record by restating the claim on the Senate floor. That's Bold and unfounded up until this point. I'll settle for censure of Reid...

When do we finally hold these elected representatives to a higher standard?? If I made those types of claims in an official capacity around my office regarding a co worker or my Boss the Co President, I would certainly be held accountable for my unfounded claims.

Who is Reid accountable to?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmmm....he is a career politician and his lips were seen to be moving...yep...he was lieing...

and that goes for ALL of them....dear Repubs and bleeding heart libs....they are all liars...you just now figuring that shiz out?

edit on 24-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just a short one here.

I think the defenses of Reid and attacks on Romney are, at best, simply expressions of inflamed political passions, and at worse, thoughtless, bomb throwing.

BUT, and here I amaze even myself, I offer a partial defense of Reid. Let's start with the assumption that he's honest. (I know, continue reading when you've picked yourself off the floor and stopped laughing.) His position is that he was told by a Bain insider that Romney hadn't paid. Perhaps that happened and Reid actually believed him. That would mean that the insider was lying, not Reid.

But, if that had happened I would expect Reid to identify the liar and issue an apology for spreading a false tale.

It's not much of a defense, but it's all I can come up with.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

But, if that had happened I would expect Reid to identify the liar and issue an apology for spreading a false tale.

It's not much of a defense, but it's all I can come up with.

There still is no proof that what Reid said was false.

Romney has still not release the tax returns for the years in question.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Dear HostileApostle,

You are absolutely right, depending on what you mean by proof.

PriceWaterhouse, a legendary accounting firm, has gone through the tax returns for the years in question and issued a summary of them The summary says, among other things, that Romney did pay taxes for each of the years, and that in no year did he pay less than 13.5%.

So for me, that matter is pretty much closed, unless you want to claim that PriceWaterhouse is committing fraud. But then, don't you have to show some evidence of that?

Aren't there enough other things to go after Romney for? Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore it, maybe it's time to switch to another issue.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How the hell is it I'm represented by these morons.

They spend time scratching at dirt, while I'm doing the math.

Anyone interested can't even get through the layers of Lawyer-Speak, G(reid), and Fraud, let alone stand watching the reality show-style theft happening right in front of their faces. The blatancy is mind-boggling.

Yeah, I'm in Nevada.

Harry Reid would rather try shoving Mittens through an X-ray machine, looking for that nickel he swallowed when he was five, than champion something that , God forbid, helps America.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by jimmiec

Reid's comments were about Romney's taxes while he was with Bain, not his 2011 taxes.

His specific comments were:

"Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years," Reid recounted the person as saying.

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain," said Reid. "But obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?

So Reid's comments have nothing to do with his 2011 tax returns, but Romney's refusal to release his tax returns from before he was running for President does suggest that he is still in fact hiding something.

He has released information on his taxes on how much he has paid, and he has paid over 13% for every year. There is zero information that contradicts this. The same moronic liberals claiming Republicans were infantile in their pursuit of Obama's BC are the same ones leading the charge on Romney's tax returns. The hypocrisy is amazing. How much has the champion of the left Buffet paid lately?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

But it is very telling that Romney paid MORE in taxes than he needed to just to make sure he looked better in the public eye. Paying more in taxes in not a very conservative thing to do. Why wouldn't he pay the lesser rate and be proud of it?

Let me say that in a different way: Romney DID manipulate his taxes in an attempt to sway public perception for political purposes.

So Harry Reid may have said some dumb crap, but he isn't the one that had to change his tax liability so he would look better to the sheep that ate this up.

What is very telling is that Romney is SO generous with his money that he had to appear to be less generous to avoid Democrats from making further accusations. Tell me, what's better, donating $4million and paying $1million in taxes or donating $0 and paying $1.5 million. The only reason Romney paid more is because of people like Reid who do not care about facts or truth, all they want is a target to attack. It's sickening the people you support cause that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join