It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Physical Aspects of Spiritual Warfare?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you want to know, you should ask the people who work a couple of days per week with the spiritual world.

The shamans.

Hollywood is a very poor source.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Think about it like a game of chess. We experience the board and the movements themselves. But as to what actually happens on the board, first occurs in the mind.

Going to farm some IP >,>

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Dextraphite

"If a tad New Age for me" Spoken like a true ignoramus, my friend.
I say this not as an insult, but as fact. If you were studied on the matter, instead of throwing labels like confetti as a frat party, you would realize that everything "New Age" is only believed to be so because the Church stomped it all out. EVERY SINGLE PIECE of new age whatever that you encounter is millenia old. MILLENIA. No exagerration. New age? It's only because we've finally begun to open our eyes again, that we see it. A lot of this "New Age" stuff was actually practicied during the birth of the Freemasons. All of that alchemy and symbology? Aspects of nature representing the potential of man.

If a man becomes so frightened by the world that he closes his eyes and wanders away, then finds an old cave and learns to overecome his fear, and slowly opens his eyes... the first thing he sees is a crystal that shows him wonders, is that new? Or is it something very, very old that he just rediscovered?

Think on that.

edit on 24-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Wow... very eloquently worded, and I tend to agree with you on every point. One thing I have learned on my own spiritual journey is the fact that most people still to this day prefer to keep their eyes (and minds) firmly closed when presented with open-minded thinking. I saw a quote the other day, can't remember who originally said it, but it said something like "As long as you keep talking you can't learn anything." It put me in mind of someone with their eyes closed, hands over their ears, singing loudly, "LALALALALA!"

Seriously, both points of view from the two major posters have their merit, and it's clear that this thread is being read by very intelligent people. Congrats to the OP for bringing up such an interesting topic of discussion.

New Age is really only new to us now; it's ancient wisdom we would do well to consider at times. I would like to believe that spiritual warfare is an oxymoron, but I fear there is true evil circling around us. So far I haven't encountered it personally, but the more I learn the more it seems a possibility. All my senses tell me something big is coming, and it just may be the ultimate showdown between good and evil.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

If you want to know, you should ask the people who work a couple of days per week with the spiritual world.

The shamans.

Hollywood is a very poor source.

Seems like I end up saying something to this effect about every day! I try and spread a little sunshine and enlightenment, and all I get are people using movies as excuses to why they don't want to hear such rubbish. Whether it's spirituality or paranormal topics, everybody ends up talking about one horror movie or the other. Hollywood is doing a fantastic job of scaring people away from what I would say are the most amazing, beautiful things I have ever experienced... feeling your loved ones around you even after they've passed on is a wonderful thing. No floating sheets, no spooky faces or noises - just a knowing that they're there and being able to feel their essence so strongly you think you could look over and they'd be sitting there in a chair. If the veil is indeed thinning, I know a lot of people who are going to be scared out of their minds when they see it (the other side, or heaven if you will) for themselves.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ha I apologize for this. I am generally pretty open to peoples beliefs. Does not mean I believe them, but I let people choose what they want and don't really discriminate, or try not to at least. However I was raised pretty Christian, and will admit I am ignorant about most New Age things. However I did speak without thinking. Most New Age stuff is not actually New Age, yet is very, very old. Fascinating as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And! After reading the rest now that I have returned from my daily life. I would agree! It is fictional... Hollywood. Legends, Myths, whatever you may say. But does not every legend have a grain of truth? Does not every book we read, every movie we watch (well not EVERY movie. Jackass for one does not do this. haha), every interaction we have encourage us to think? This show got me thinking.

It's based off of religious beliefs. So as AfterInfinity said. Let us assume their is a war. Let us also assume that the conflict of interest would be the usual biblical/religious theme. God( or gods) creates man, man is tempted, man rebels, evil tries to destroy God or gods creation for their own reasons (most likely in rebellion as well), God or gods still protect their creation even in its rebellion, Evil and Good fight..... the story has not ended.

Is this a good enough conflict? Or do you have another in mind?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join