It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop harasing the Cops...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by YachtDoc13
You guys crack me up. Not one of you understand my point. Maybe it's my fault or maybe you guys are more foolish than I thought.

Someone here is clearly foolish...

I know consensus is a horrible way to decide something, but it seems the general one around here is its you buddy.

ETA:

I get your point, your just wrong, its appeasement you are preaching. A don't rock the boat you make it worst for us attitude.

Sorry you don't keep your head down so the bully doesn't pick on you, if hes wrong you stand up and face him.

Your way is the cowards way.
edit on 24-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
cops are a law onto themselves...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Not quite what I meant but close. I'm not taking the coward approach. I'm also not telling people not to do what they are legally allowed to do. I'm just saying not to go out just to get a reaction. Thank you, by the way, for posting an intelligent response.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Not quite what I meant but close. I'm not taking the coward approach. I'm also not telling people not to do what they are legally allowed to do. I'm just saying not to go out just to get a reaction. Thank you, by the way, for posting an intelligent response.

I have not once...ever...in my whole life...looked at my guns with the attitude of *guess I'll go out and agitate a cop today*. push my luck kinda day....

I don't know anyone who would think that way...do you? Are you so afraid of cops that you feel the need to tell us what not to do, to make you feel less conspicuous.

Des

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

And even that is still wrong.

IT is the cops who are reacting that are in violation of the law, they are violating the people who are lawfully going out with open carry (even if for a reaction) 4th amendment rights.

If the cops understood the law they are trying to enforce, they would know these people are lawfully practicing their rights.

These people are being BRAVE by using their rights despite the threat of cops harassment, they are pointing out the error that exist in our current police state.

SO again you are preaching appeasement to jack booted thugs.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yeah the whole filming cops thing just for the sake of filming them is kind of annoying. It makes me want to go up to these people and follow them around with my hand in front of their face saying "im not touching you" for about an hour or so.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And then BAM! Benrl comes along and hits that damned nail right square on the head, driving it fully home in one shot! Pun intended.

S for you sir, as always, been a pleasure reading your well expressed words of wisdom.

Also Des, very well put many times in this thread!

Thanks for somehow reaching into my mind to snatch the words I was fumbling to grasp ahold of!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think that people are following the cops around, "harassing" them. I do think that people always have their cells phones available, and it is pretty easy to go ahead and start filming them immediately.

It seems like, for most cops, their own dash cams tell on them more often than the public does.

Even if people were following cops around with cameras, how stupid do the cops have to be to do something illegal and idiotic while being filmed?

God bless those people who take the risk of filming these paid thugs. Our tax dollars pay their salary, and we have every right to see if they are doing their job correctly. Lots of people are on camera while on the job. The crybaby LEOs need to get over it and do their job like they're supposed to, regardless if there is a camera filming them or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well guys, that's why it is my opinion and not yours. I'm not asking you to think the way I do. Just telling you how I think. If you don't like it, fine. Tell me how you feel. I'll bounce it around in my brain bucket... I may not agree but I will read what you have to say. I came to this site to learn. If you have something intelligent to say, please say it. If it makes me realize that i am wrong then I have no problem admitting it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well guys, that's why it is my opinion and not yours. I'm not asking you to think the way I do. Just telling you how I think. If you don't like it, fine. Tell me how you feel. I'll bounce it around in my brain bucket... I may not agree but I will read what you have to say. I came to this site to learn. If you have something intelligent to say, please say it. If it makes me realize that i am wrong then I have no problem admitting it.

Umm, thats exactly whats going on, you stated an opinion, and everyone is trying to dissuade you of it.

Its open discourse, discourse is good, and it can be heated at times but it is vital to a fee and open society.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
o wearing a firearm, openly or concealed is harassing the cops huh?

Why can't a person be allowed to defend themselves or exercise their constitutional rights without it becoming something like harassing the cops?

I'll never understand this attitude that cop's life is more important than a civilian's life so they must have special advantages (i.e. double standards) to protect therm.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Umm, thats exactly whats going on, you stated an opinion, and everyone is trying to dissuade you of it.

Its open discourse, discourse is good, and it can be heated at times but it is vital to a fee and open society.

You are one of the few who actually has had some intelligent comments. You read what I wrote, thought about it, disagreed with it and then told me why. Thank You. Most others just focused on a single sentence then went off on that. They can twist what I said in any direction they like. That is not my problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Sir, I think your helmet may be on backwards...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Have a look at this site and it may give you a better understanding. Most people that do that are doing it to ensure the right to do so is not forgotten. Many law enforcment officials are simply ignorant to the open carry laws. There are groups out there that do this simply to educate the public and the police of their right to do so.

www.miopencarry.org...

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry are:
To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.

To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.

To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.

To protect our right to self-defense.

Methods to accomplish objectives are:

To distribute information via email, mail, telephone and in person to local law enforcement agencies.

To have periodic and informal gatherings in public places throughout the state while open carrying our handguns.

To contact the media, conduct interviews, relate pertinent information on the internet, write articles and letters to the editors all on the legality of open carry.

To participate in larger public events, festivals, car shows, etc., and staff an information booth about open carry.

To stay informed of and act against infringing legislation.

To always be ambassadors of good will in regards to the safe and lawful carry of a firearm.

I open carry often and have been lucky so far. I do it because it is my right to do so not because I am looking for trouble. I don't carry a camera but my phone is usually with me just in case to audio record them. There is a large number of LEOs who understand open carry laws and I know quite a few who promote it. It makes their job easier in the long run. The true problem lies with training and communication in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Fair enough. Thank you for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Every ten minutes a new video pops up. Nine times out of ten it's posted by someone who left their house with a gun on their hip and a video camera with the intention of harassing the cops. They strut up and down the road or go somewhere the know the police will be just to get a reaction. Why? What is gained by constantly bringing attention to an already touchy subject? You are just going to make it harder for everyone. Get a job, get a hobby, get a life... I don't care what you do, just do the rest of us a favor please. Find something more meaningful to do with your time. If you disagree with the laws, take it up with the lawmakers. LEOs are here to enforce the law, right, wrong or indifferent. They do not write them. Thank You. HD out.

This why I posted about the man being shot in a wheel chair.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cause as I discussed in this thread , I questioned cops ,FBI and state troopers I know.
And they all say the same thing...THIS IS NOT PROTOCALL.. and that cop should face charges.

The problem here is with these threads is that to many times the Police when screwing up and costing lives of people get away with it....Plane and simple!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join