It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop harasing the Cops...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Every ten minutes a new video pops up. Nine times out of ten it's posted by someone who left their house with a gun on their hip and a video camera with the intention of harassing the cops. They strut up and down the road or go somewhere the know the police will be just to get a reaction. Why? What is gained by constantly bringing attention to an already touchy subject? You are just going to make it harder for everyone. Get a job, get a hobby, get a life... I don't care what you do, just do the rest of us a favor please. Find something more meaningful to do with your time. If you disagree with the laws, take it up with the lawmakers. LEOs are here to enforce the law, right, wrong or indifferent. They do not write them. Thank You. HD out.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We live in a society where rights are only guaranteed through the continual use and application of them. Simple fact is a disproportionately massive amount of leo's are plain ignorant of the laws of this land and see it fit to make personal judgements instead of educated judgements.

As long as cops act like goons and are known to be the biggest mafia in this country it's going to take Americans every day to push our existing rights into the public eye and educate both leo's and the citizenry of whats right and wrong.

The American people deserve a better police force than we have and should fight every day for a better one, trying to silence people or expecting people to lay down in the face of abuse and ignorance only empowers those who have made our protectors synonymous with abusers.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Your very first post on this website was offering gun advice to a complete stranger.

Maybe you should re-arrange your own priorities aha.

ETA: at the poster above me, I just starred you on accident, as the star logo has changed to a liitle mail box?? Anybody else seeing this? I also just saw a giant "f" button in the ATS ribbon at the bottom. Huh?
edit on 24-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by YachtDoc13

Cops are people. Some good some bad. You wanting to lump all cops into the good category is naive at best.

You are right, they don't write the laws. but to think they don't stretch the laws, shows how simplistically you view the growing social problems with cops crossing the legal line.

Des

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by YachtDoc13
LEOs are here to enforce the law, right, wrong or indifferent. They do not write them. Thank You. HD out.

When you break the law to enforce the law there is zero legitimacy left in the "intention" or "job" as far as I'm concerned...

The problem with LEO's is they would enforce a no breathing law if our society was stupid enough to pass one (which isn't that far fetched sadly)...They have no soul and they cower behind "I'm just doing my job" so at the end of the day they can sleep, they don't have to take responsibility if they are "just doing their job"....which I think is BS...no one forced anyone to become a LEO...

Here is one for all the LEO's out there looking to fight that "CRIME"...
The Greatest Crimes

edit on 24-9-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Your very first post on this website was offering gun advice to a complete stranger.

I gave gun advice?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Are you really going to make me link you to your own post? Aha.

It wasn't that long ago!!

On a side note I just realised I don't have to type!! I talk and it appears on the iPad! Aha genius!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Well considering walking down the street with a gun on your hip is perfectly legal, I must ask. How are they "indifferently" enforcing the law? I see them try to intimidate and harrass a person for not doing a damned thing wrong.

If the stop harrassing everyone for nothing, people would stop, as you call it "harrassing them".

Also, if they would act according to the law, they would not get caught on tape being a tool, they would simply wave at them as they walked by and do nothing more.

I don't see the connection your making between doing nothing wrong and having the police stop and question you, ( which is not their job) as I shouldn't have to put up with a cop stop and harrass me fr for buying gasoline, or food, or just walking down the road, or reading a book etc. These are all exactly as legal, and exactly as acceptable as walking down the street with a gun on ones hip. There is no difference at all, in the eyes of the law.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I never said they were all good. I know more than most how cops are. I think most people are missing my point or I worded my opinion incorrectly. My issue isn't with cops or how they act. Most cops are unfriendly and know very little about the law. I know that. The point I was trying to make is... What is the point of going out and intentionally putting yourself in a situation where you have to deal with the cops for no reason other than entertainment.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I never said they were all good. I know more than most how cops are. I think most people are missing my point or I worded my opinion incorrectly. My issue isn't with cops or how they act. Most cops are unfriendly and know very little about the law. I know that. The point I was trying to make is... What is the point of going out and intentionally putting yourself in a situation where you have to deal with the cops for no reason other than entertainment.

I think you'll find confusion within this thread, as you've almost made 2 contradictory comments above.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Because it's my legal right to walk with a gun on my hip if I've got the proper legal papers to do so. What, are you saying I have no right to carry a gun with a carry permit.

Des

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The same as them going out of their way to try intimidate the people for doing nothing wrong. It is a citizens right to give the cops a hard time when they overstep their boundries.

The citizen walking down the road with a gun on his hip, is in no way breaking a single law, or provoking any kind of civil unrest. It is because the police don't like it when you apply your rights, they want you to bow down to them, because they are big bad tough guys with badges.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What you are saying...loud and clear is. I should anticipate bad reactions from cops, and *not* do what I'm legally allowed to do. Be a mind reader for cops, to keep them from violating MY LEGAL RIGHTS....

Des

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Are you really going to make me link you to your own post? Aha.

It wasn't that long ago!!

On a side note I just realised I don't have to type!! I talk and it appears on the iPad! Aha genius!

Cheers sinny just noticed that theyve got Siri working better now

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You guys crack me up. Not one of you understand my point. Maybe it's my fault or maybe you guys are more foolish than I thought.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So by walking down the street doing something completely legal (in most cases) and being harasses by police is actually harassing police?
In Michigan its legal to ride my motorcycle without a helmet and yet the police set up safety belt checkpoints. Then when you get stopped they just dont write the ticket. They want to know where you're going, where you're coming from. Is that not harassment? Then when I wont tell them where I am heading they want to search me and my vehicle. Is that not harassment?

So using your logic if I videotape a police officer harassing me, I am actually harassing them.

I think you are either a cop or a wannabe cop.

Unchecked power leads to abuse of that power. Cameras are everywhere to monitor the public, but when the public carries one its a bad thing? Sorry I disagree

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

LEOs are here to enforce the law, right, wrong or indifferent. They do not write them. Thank You. HD out.

You contradicted your own point, LEOs enforce the law, OPEN carry is LEGAL in many states.

Than when a LEO harass open carry people who are violating NO LAW, they are ownly exercising their own rights.

Sounds like these LEO's your defending need better job training, and should know the law they claim to enforce so they don't violate citizens rights.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You guys crack me up. Not one of you understand my point. Maybe it's my fault or maybe you guys are more foolish than I thought.

No...you are the foolish one to think you can post this thread, with a title of *stop harassing the cops*, and expect people to agree with your ridiculous concept that law abiding citizens are bringing trouble on themselves....

Did you think you were the first person to post this...you're not. Just another not thought out, give the poor cops a break thread.

Des

edit on 24-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Then what is your point? Maybe you be a little more clear for us "foolish" people.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Get a job, get a hobby, get a life...

Is this your point? I don't know what your trying to say other than anyone who isn't a cop that owns a gun is a loser? So cops can strut around with guns, shooting people at will, just like so many recent threads have proven over the last few weeks, but patriots who own guns, who shoot no one, can't?
I don't get you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join