It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama media is now lying about his rally attendance numbers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I got that link from the OPs source.

Do you disagree with the pictures in that link, or just the source?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
It seems there are 5000 seats under the roof.
www.summerfest.com...
But how many are standing hillside? They say 5000 can fit.
7500 people can fit in other areas not facing the stage. Other venue areas.

oh, c'mon...you ruining the narrative for this post...people that are standing outside the pavillion don't count...republicans only count people in the seats inside the pavilion. those others thousands are just there for... youknow...picnics and sightseeing

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Most of the media is in the tank for Obama, but I've on occasion seen even Jon Stewart blast the Obama admin for laughs. Not that I think Stewart has suddenly become more right wing, but maybe just grown a conscience.... or something.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I don't know, and I really don't care too much, but I will say. The article itself says that the 5,000 seats were filled and there were some people in the bleachers and standing. So doesn't that mean that filming empty bleachers is inconsequential as they were never claimed to be filled? There isn't really anything in this very dubious source that disproves the number given.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The BMO Harris Pavilion seats 5000. just behind the BMO Harris Pavilion there are bleachers for 2500. Behind that there is grass standing room only. But the BMO Harris Pavilion is only one Pavilion at the Henry W. Maier Festival Park or Summerfest Grounds which holds 23,000. They have multiple stages for side shows while the main stage BMO Harris Pavilion is for the main attraction.

www.zvents.com...

Henry W. Maier Festival Park 200 N. Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI, 53213 (414) 273-2680 Henry W. Maier Festival Park The Henry W. Maier Festival Park, also known either as the Henry Maier Festival Grounds or as the Summerfest Grounds, is a festival park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the United States. The Park is named for Henry Maier, Milwaukee's longest-serving mayor. The history of the Henry Maier Festival Park starts with Summerfest two years prior, in 1968. Summerfest was created that year, and found some success, being held in 35 different locations. The next year, however, was inundated with horrific weather, forcing cancellation of the last day and ensuring financial losses for that year. In 1970 a central location was decided upon: an abandoned strip of land along the lakefront in the downtown area, which was the former Maitland Airport and served as a Nike missile site during the Cold War. The early Summerfest Grounds consisted of little more than concrete blocks with wooden slabs placed on top to serve as stages, in the middle of a grassy, muddy field. Despite this, the central location ended up being the key to the festival's success, ensuring the existence and expansion of the grounds. Construction continued through the 1970s and 1980s, with the highlight of the creation of the Marcus Amphitheater, a 23,000 seat partially covered venue, in 1987.

One thing miss leading is they call lawn tickets seats in order to track visitors.
edit on 24-9-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I don't know, and I really don't care too much, but I will say. The article itself says that the 5,000 seats were filled and there were some people in the bleachers and standing. So doesn't that mean that filming empty bleachers is inconsequential as they were never claimed to be filled? There isn't really anything in this very dubious source that disproves the number given.

Let me know when you find out where the 18K number came from.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hmmm on the one hand Obama media has a proven track record of lying, as the media that covers for him but on the other hand reminds me of this photo:

You decide

edit on 24-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
erm...its funny how people only notice these things when is someone they dont like...numbers like these have always beed exaggerated

peace

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
As predicted, tumble weeds. No thread that's critical of Democrat partisan media or Obama gets much traction on these forums. I think it goes to show how utterly hypocritical most of the members are. Think about it the next time you see a thread raging about Fox News or Romney.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's my thread proving Obama's latest ad is a complete fabrication and a lie. As you said, no one cares, very few responses, and the ones I have gotten haven't really addressed any of the quotes, facts, and citations I have.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
As predicted, tumble weeds. No thread that's critical of Democrat partisan media or Obama gets much traction on these forums. I think it goes to show how utterly hypocritical most of the members are. Think about it the next time you see a thread raging about Fox News or Romney.

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on ATS.
Seriously, where have you been the last 3 years?

The front page of this forum has been 80% "Obama is a communist Muslim with no Birth certificate!"
Did you really mean what you wrote, or are you just upset that your hopes of defeated Obama rest with a man who is alreaddy defeated?

ATS has basically been a right wing think tank for a few years now. Anyone refuting this is either new, or insane really. Sure there are FOx News threads and Limbaugh threads sporatically read, but in comparison to the anti Obama rhetoric, they are few and far between

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Some of you people are ridiculous. I was at that rally (I'm sure to some of you that will immediately make me a liar) and it is VERY possible the crowd was 18,000. First of all the BMO Harris Pavilion itself was indeed packed with people standing in the aisles and people crowding the back section with way more people than "technically" belong in those rows. Behind the actual pavilion, they set up more bleachers on both sides. The capacity of the Marcus Amphitheatre and other stages on the grounds is actually admittedly irrelevant, as those were not open and the Amphitheatre itself was used for security purposes. BUT maybe if anyone took a moment to familiarize themselves with the Summerfest grounds, you'd understand. I'm trying to find an aerial map to illustrate my point, but none of the maps I'm finding are new enough to include the BMO Harris Pavilion. I'll give it a shot anyway, as I'm familiar with the area. In the end, what does it matter if you believe me? I was there, I saw it, and you most likely did not. You probably didn't walk the 2 miles from the Summerfest grounds to the end of the line, and I mean it was 2 miles long, long after they had started letting people in. People in the part labelled as the overflow area were packed like sardines. I know because I left my nice comfortable seat to try to navigate to the bathroom, which is the building in the upper left. It was nearly impossible, and even closer to impossible to get back to my seat.

I will admit this, this thing that really bothers me. As tight as security is at these events, having to go through metal detectors and everything, WHY is their no OFFICIAL count? If nothing else, we all had to go through turnstiles. Isn't the purpose of that to count people? But in saying that, it makes it no less plausible that there truly were ~18,000 people at this event.

I know my reply is late, but it's really irritating when people who know nothing at all about the event or the area it was held in want to speculate that it's all a fabricated lie. A lot of things in this world are lies, but not everything is. So chill out a little, or at least do better research about whatever it is you *THINK* you know.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Who cares about rallies (other than right wing fanatics)?

Romney supporters will grasp at any available straw, much like their candidate will take any position he can just to get elected.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join