It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is laughing at us....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Were just a big petri dish and when we hit 87 they close the dish and leave.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We have to be the douche bags of the universe. ET's probably threaten each other with "Humans". "We'll drop 20 of them on your planet if you don't settle down". "In 100 years they'll take over your planet kill most everything and just for fun they will rape your corpses."

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

I like your reply roth. It's spot on.

However, you have to realize that some people, like it or not, will always see black. Not because there's something wrong with them, but because that's who they're. Remember, chaos isn't selective. It's too widespread to be picky. It can go one way or another and in-between. It can create people who reproduce and preserve our species; the human race. People who have found a way to cope with this reality. Sure, they've been down and have seen the depths of despair, but they rose from it and restored their hopes through hard work, goal setting, and friendship. But chaos also creates people who soak in gloom and doom and hence shield themselves from the anger and shame they feel. Like you say, they give up and the gloom and doom gives them a justification to retire from the rat race and do nothing to better it. They typically have lost most or all hope in themselves and in the world they live in. They're just waiting for Armageddon or until the SHTF. They spend the rest of their lives casting blame and condemnation and criticism on everybody and everything, including themselves. And there're many other types of people that chaos creates too. It creates murderers, sociopaths, people who commit suicide, and every manner of person known.

Just remember, your life isn't over until it's over. Your life history isn't written until you're dead. You might feel the gloom and doom now, but there's still a chance that you'll get better. You might be one of those people who overcomes it and restores themselves. So there's no reason to think your choices don't matter, but ultimately, the chaos that's in each of us will express itself in our choices.
edit on 24-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have often thought about what Aliens would think of planet Earth if they do ever notice our planet and start to observe it. Would they be impressed that we have survived this long? Or would they be shocked by our brutality?

I am sure that if an Alien race of beings actually found our planet and were able to observe earth in great detail, they must clearly be more advanced than us.

It is easy for me to think, in my human understanding of life, that a violent war like society would be a primitive society; which creates a slight contradiction on my part because human society is largely violent and war like. Yet, is evolving past violence and war really a method to become more advanced. I hold up peace as being more advanced because it is clear to me that humans function better under conditions of peace as opposed to war. Would such thinking be best for some Alien race far off in the universe? Would an Alien race really pass on our planet simply because they had better technology than us?

I would think that Aliens making contact with us would depend on if they found our planet useful or not. It might make for a good base of operations or some of earth`s resources could be exploited. I am sure making contact with earth would not depend so much on us humans.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

I disagree with that line of logic.

Having the technology for interstellar travel DOES indicate higher amounts of technology and knowledge, but it doesn't preclude war or conflict or tendencies towards those things.

Look at Amoeba's. They're single-celled organisms. I'm sure they display some example of conflict. Take what you said about more intelligent life and apply it to humans.

(Or consider more complex forms of life that're still far below us in their intelligence and knowledge. A form of life that exhibits conflict like war, aggression, defensive tactics, and so forth.)

It would go something like this:
Amoeba #14562 says, "In order for life to attain the level of technology and knowledge to dominate a planet and achieve flight and to travel into space it would have to first eliminate war and conflict."

Did we eliminate war and conflict to dominate earth and achieve flight and travel into space? Nope. So why would ET's have to do those things to achieve interstellar travel?

I DO think that technology and knowledge help shape the culture and the values and the customs of a species. But I do not think it will ever eliminate conflict or war. Those things are too fundamental.

Amoeba's do attack humans, but don't take it personally:
news.bbc.co.uk - Study cracks amoeba attack tactic...

The Amoeba don't have enough brain cells to define us as more than a part of their environment. We're probably just another place they go and they try to survive. Unfortunately, it can harm us.
edit on 24-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

They've managed earth from the beginning and contributed DNA to the project. Its a school for many many system's children.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
First of all, no ETs are laughing at us. Their technology has far exceeded ours and they are either compassionate or else they just don't care one way or another. And yes there are a few groups who would like nothing better than to exploit us for their own evil plans. There is a very old race of beings which we now refer to as the Reptilians who fit this latter classification. They have infiltrated all aspects of our society through their evil minions, the Illuminati. Their current long term plan is to have one government ruling the Earth which they will secretly control. As far as GMOs go,

Who is behind the GMO wave? Answer: Monsanto.
Who controls Monsanto? The Illuminati
Who controls the Illuminati? The Reptilians

Who is screwing up your life, your friends and family, your descendents lives? The Reptilians

Each year according to FBI statistics, about 800,000 Americans disappear off the face of the planet.
These are not deaths, kidnappings, or runaways. These are people that just disappear without a trace.
What do you think the Reptilians are doing with all those people?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You forgot to mention our two presidential candidates this term. They're all busting a gut or the equivelent on that.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I while ago I played the this game called Elite... I remember vaguely that I entered after a long journey, the sol system. I was hungry hadn't eat for weeks , out of fuel and cash. This marvelous blue dot before me ... I thought yessss finally I can try out my new docking computer.. Then this popped up ... Really I couldn't laugh at all....

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

That's cute and funny, but I would hope that aliens would have better spelling of our English language!

"Economy: heavy ressession" should be "Economy: heavy recession"
and

"Entering this system will surly end up" should be "Entering this system will surely end up"...

(Surly means "menacing or threatening in appearance " or "irritably sullen and churlish in mood or manner")

But I like the idea...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

Maybe ...the Et's are waiting for us to "86" our own selves --- [cosmic collisions aside], due to war, pestilence, disease, or destruction of our own enviroment; due to inherent flaws in the human race involving greed and corruption.
Mankind, has an inherently violent trait, that has evolved since the early caveman [caveman tribes had to raid other tribes, in order to kidnap women, so as to avoid inbreeding in there own tribes] days. It is a necessary trait that insures the survival of the fittest. How we control it, is bound by the rules of societies here and most likely for other humanoid societies [wishfull thinking], elsewhere on other planets as well.

How many human races have made themselves extinct on other planetary systems, due to the above? That is one question that I would like to ask an ET. Would it, or would it not be a viable option for ET to repopulate a planet with there own race, due to the above?

A viable option...indeed.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 24-9-2012 by Erno86 because: added a coulple of words

edit on 24-9-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 24-9-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

You're right I'm not always that smooth with the lines... but I corrected my spelling thnx

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
[more

I hqw rejiinaion or mqkin

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I liked the idea too. I am sure there are warnings in the brochure...
Like we put warnings on cages at zoos...

Keep your distance, they have guns and will dissect you.

But I think they chuckle a bit too. If this video is real it is telling...

I think they are just as curious about us as we are about them. Look how the craft rotates around the end of the wing of the airliner.

"Oh look honey, aerodynamics, lol."

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
S&F OP . We're a bunch of walking talking chemical reactions on a rock floating in space. Yet we still believe in obscure concepts like religion and national borders. If I was ET, I'd be laughing my ass off right now.
I hope a day comes when we rise above such crap and truly look at things from a higher perspective. Humans are but a speck in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Hang overs dont count!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Hang overs dont count!

Are you having a conversation with yourself? This is weird....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Hang overs dont count!

Are you having a conversation with yourself? This is weird....

Not if Slayer69 is actually the voice of the Borg collective hive mind I guess...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

You'll be assimilated!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How do we even know that et's can laugh? I also presume if they can laugh and are aware of us they would not and would put my bet on a collective facepalm followed by a long cry lol.

We are an amazing species and have done alot and I also still believe there are many more people worth saving than not. We really do have to make drastic changes and we as a species seem to wait til it gets really bad before we do so I just hope we can survive that the era of technology can throw at us.

If we did go extinct by our own doing in the near future it would indeed be just sad in all ways because we are so close to some really cool stuff that will bring us close to a star trek style of society. If we can susruve the next 250 years we will seed our solar system and them we are a big player in the galaxy imo.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join