It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is laughing at us....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
ET would never laugh at this mess... thinking again with human brains. Particularly because they realize that this death scenario is generated by the few on the many and they have pity. Unfortunately because we do nothing to stop them they are too powerless to help directly because of the "free-will" thing. They are extremely concerned and have been busy collecting genetic and life materials here on earth in the advent of a catastrophe.

The only ones laughing are the 4th dimensional entities that feed off destruction and suffering.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This thread just proves that Scotch and thread posting don't mix

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This thread just proves that Scotch and thread posting don't mix

LIAR!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!

*beezzer hyperventilates*

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Shakes a furry fist at you

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thread reminded me of this...

warning: explicit

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ahh yes, but we have the dorito shelled taco.
This more than makes up for any random insanity we show as a species.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It proves nothing of the sort. For it to be considered "proof" your data set would have to be substantially larger and a study made over a much longer time.

Only then could we have enough information for a well researched conclusion and hypothesis.

Basically what I'm saying is buy two cases of scotch, ship me one, and we can play scientist for a few weeks.

~Heff
edit on 9/24/12 by Hefficide because: It's my destiny to be the King of Typos...... ( sung to a tune by the Police )

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

True....

But the SDI guacamole shield will solve all.........

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Anyhow Slayer, I think your outlook is a bit cynical.

If a advanced ET is out there monitoring us, they are more than likely not surprised at our development. With progress comes new problems..its not about never having problems, its about how its recognised and overcome.

If we were the aliens to another planet, and watched as a planet entered its industrial era, would be be wildly surprised by finding them suddenly smogging their planet up with massive machines? probably not...we would sit back and observe how long it takes before they upgraded to reduce the emmissions and start cleaning up...don't think we would be laughing at the silly natives for doing what we did.

Would we laugh as they tried to find new ways to feed the population...some being rather questionable (such as genetic modification that isn't fully understood by them yet) and creating a whole new problem?

I think its just part of the process...and is probably the most natural path a sentient species can take...see problem, create solution...see new problem from the solution...think of yet another solution..hell, if there was no problems then there wouldn't be much call to progress anyhow.

A ET that wanted us to ascend into the stars may even purposefully create some problems just to get our brains thinking on a solution.

Problem: We have need of vast amounts of energy, but cannot spoil our biosphere...
The solution will lead to potential space based technology (solar, fusion, etc) that will help in our own space exploration

Problem: We have to eat a lot with little space. Again, the solution will help advance space based farming, nano farming, etc.
Point is, the problems we seem to create for ourselves suck, but the long term vision is that the solutions will more than just solve the crisis, but will advance our species as a whole...

So, ET may not be laughing...we are starting our testing now, class is over, and we will either pass or fail. What needs to happen is simply recognize the problems to begin with..once recognised, it can be worked on. It may seem like 20 or 50 years of ignoring a problem is a long time and total fail, but the bigger picture, a species altering innovation taking half a century to identify and implement is a blink of an eye.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It proves nothing of the sort. For it to be considered "proof" your data set would have to be substantially larger and a study made over a much longer time.

Only then could we have enough information for a well researched conclusion and hypothesis.

Basically what I'm saying is guy two cases of scotch, ship me one, and we can play scientist for a few weeks.

~Heff

Nonono.. the men dont' get to have all this fun... count the girls in too, I'll volunteer for this study..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

funny thing is humans are more of a threat to themselves than E.T's.

edit on 24-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuar911

funny thing is humans are more of a threat to themselves then E.T's.

Quoted and starred for TRUTH!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Basically what I'm saying is guy two cases of scotch, ship me one, and we can play scientist for a few weeks.

~Heff

I've been running this experiment for quite some time now.

But to the topic, is ET laughing at us, or screaming? (I'm sure they've seen Jersey Shore)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Recommendations for planet Earth?

All things considered, I think earth is doing alright. Well, maybe not the earth, but the population is still growing. Stopping it now would be like harvesting grapes before the crop is mature. You gotta wait till they're ripe.

It would seem that the population at large has dodged so many bullets already. What with nuclear destruction at the press of a button, plagues that keep surfacing but somehow never spread very far. I was sure radioactive contamination from the Japan disaster would have destroyed the chain of life by now. Where did all that stuff go?

How come the pollution from other sources hasn't killed off all the fish and bees and prevented seeds from sprouting? How come there is enough to eat and drink for most everyone every day?

Somebody is meddling. Someone behind the scenes is monitoring, adjusting, "fixing" things just enough to keep it all going. Maybe the reports of angels and ghosts and aliens and UFO's are "behind the scenes" players maintaining a watch on their garden...

...until harvest time.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well one thing is right, we have -epic-size egos.

Man is the center of the universe, favored by the creator and put before all others. /rolleyes.

Reality is we are grain of sand on the beach of creation.

What we do on the planet only matters to us, any other intellects out there could probably care less. If we make a mess of the place it would be like getting a grain of sand dirty. Who cares. The only possible distration we could provide is novelty of "native" art.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
any aliens that have been able to advance far enough to traverse space.... would be peaceful and nondestructive

so if they can surveillance us... they would not destroy us

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

Not altogether true, but there is no evil on higher levels, only low level testing grounds, so they'd be very low tech. Very high compared to us though. But that means its all being managed from On High truly, and we need to be hero's of our lives, each moment more. There is a reason why we're here.

When we determine it's an honor to Love and Serve and once you see the problems on earth: Starvation, violence, slavery, fascism, theocracies, wars, corruption and mafia type leadership, you can see immediately, as if in a mirror, why we're here. What needs to be turned around in us.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This isn't a rant but rather an attempt at seeing the Earth through their eyes. [This is of course written on the assumption that ETs exist]

Inspired by our modern world

Here we have an obscure planet circling an obscure star system in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy which the inhabitants have discovered fire and which survived an extinction level planet wide ice age and they contemplate a creator.

Then as their technology advanced and their egos grew they later survived two World Wars where they have split the atom and created weapons which are capable of causing their own extinction. They are presently polluting their own environment to the point of contaminating their own biosphere which may not if continued be able to support them.

They have literature, music, the arts and philosophy [which contemplates their own existence] They have analyzed their own DNA. They have started to explore their own star system [in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy] These inhabitants have survived many plaques and ruthless rulers.

Now they are about to be done in by GMOs, their own environmentally caused issues and Egos over which version of their various deities is correct.

Recommendations for planet Earth?

86!

I think it would be mind boggling for Aliens to realize that we have ICBM's, but then all pointed at our own planet..
edit on 24-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
any aliens that have been able to advance far enough to traverse space.... would be peaceful and nondestructive

they've come a long way and preserved their own species ok, but maybe also at the expense of other species...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

What makes that so likely?

Just because one can travel in space doesn't necessarily mean one is all benevolent and stuff... Just means you have fancy toys.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

I somewhat agree but will accept there are or my be some creator creations who have a energy within them, that to others may come off as a control/ rule if not take from others type of self service energy. As another member mentioned the further up developed some become the less need to behave in such negative ways seems to be more logic. Due to mastering energy consumption w/o needing another creator creation to feed from which may be harmful to that creator creation. Advanced technologies also so they should have advanced ways to obtain massive existing amounts of power ect. and not need to take from any other creator creation.

Originally posted by Foppezao
I think it would be mind boggling for Aliens to realize that we have ICBM's, but then all pointed at our own planet..

Indeed. like why are they doing that? to themselves???
edit on 9/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join