It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make Things Go Horribly Horribly Wrong ( What I Learned This Week )

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

You have formed an assumption, based on that thread alone.

Heff, has stated in other threads, that he was so great at manipulating women in bars on a Friday night, that divorce lawyers should basically pay his tab. This was stated after he said he hit up on single women in the bar, which makes no sense.

I think most of that was from one thread - and was a joke... a joke. Oh, and actually does make sense. I was divorced twice by the age of 28. Any and all "bar" and "divorce lawyer" JOKES I make are, in reality self deprecating references to my bad track record with relationships.

He's also bragged about his intelligence as a 6 year old..stating something to the effect that he was the only 6 year old that has ever answered an adults request to sit at the childrens table with some long drawn out intelligent reply.

Again, self deprecation. And the context was not that I was "intelligent" - it was that I was the only kid so full of himself that he'd have the gall to demand to sit at the adult table. Oh, and it was allegorical. An oversimplification of many aspects of my childhood, condensed into a single post for the sake of humor.

I will admit I enjoy Heff's writing style, and he does have some great posts, but personally , I see his ego bragging a little too much at times, and the thread on manipulation just read as more ego to me.

Now, c'mon. Seriously? Ego? This has been kind of a constant accusation about me as of late and it leaves me kind of confused. I am a 46 year old disabled and unemployed man with PTSD and Bipolar II ( oh and five other more minor diagnoses ). I am in the process of going through a disability case. I live with a family friend. I no longer own a car, or much of anything else. I had to forego Internet access for 16 months for financial reasons. I have emptied my savings and retirement. I spend about 18 hours a day on ATS.

ALL things that I have openly discussed on ATS.

Ego??? Really??? And if I actually have any left, you would spite me for it???

Am I guilty of reading into his character in other threads, and transferring it onto the thread about manipulation ?

Yep, I would have to say I am...because my response to this thread was not based on that thread alone, but on my views of some of his other posts.

I think in some ways Heff has tried to manipulate us into thinking a certain way about him, but I have to say, it has probably backfired in some cases.

Just being honest..about why some of us may have read the subliminal message of ego yet again.

If you say so. I think it's just a case of one person not liking another. And that's fine. But I personally think you took up the wrong flag on this particular crusade. Now if you'd have just stuck with "The guy's an ass...."

~Heff

edit on 9/25/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I suspect that you are perhaps a little too self-deprecating, and that given the largely American audience here, that the irony is often lost, or mis(over)interpreted.

I would recommend that you stop trying to please all of the people all of the time, and let them think what the # they like, as they invariably will anyway.

You can't, after all, educate pork.

On a side note, I for one am pleased that you spend 18 hours a day on ATS, and since your return, there has been a general upsurge in quality, though I am not solely attributing that to your output, but perhaps your enthusiastic attitude has helped. Perhaps just concentrate on pleasing yourself, and keep raising that bar.

Either way, good luck to you, sounds like you deserve a little to come your way.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

hmmm..well what can I say , except that I am ass for not getting your jokes.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I will go make an ass of myself in another thread...as it seems to be something I am actually good at.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

hmmm..well what can I say , except that I am ass for not getting your jokes.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I will go make an ass of myself in another thread...as it seems to be something I am actually good at.

yeah..I get stars for my joke..

how quaint..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I starred it because I thought we'd finally found a bit of common ground admitting we can all be asses at times. Was I wrong?

~Heff

ETA: Also, my habit is to star all replies to me, other than the utterly mean or T&C violating posts.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I starred it because I thought we'd finally found a bit of common ground admitting we can all be asses at times. Was I wrong?

~Heff

ETA: Also, my habit is to star all replies to me, other than the utterly mean or T&C violating posts.

Yep..we can agree on that .

We all can be asses at times...myself included.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join