It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A COOL IDEA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So. What is the secret of life? How did it start? Will we ever figure it out?

After watching the movie Prometheus for the fiftieth time, I understand what the prometheus is. It is not the Giant Aliens. Prometheus is the black goo. The Aliens worship the black goo. They understand the black goo to be the genesis of life in the universe.

I've read the space jesus theories. And while they may have some truth to them, I have yet to read about the black goo being the actual premise of this new trilogy. Yes yes yes, the black goo has been discussed as some sort of bioengineered weapon, and the basis for the Alien religion. But, it has not been discussed as the progenitor of life, to include the Giant Aliens.

The movie makes sense to me now. The Aliens worship the black goo. They, like the humans and the Xenomorphs, were created by the black goo. The black goo is life. It is perfect life. And is also why we see a monument to the Xenomorph. It is one of the truest forms of life.

Also makes sense why the Giant Alien kills everybody at the end.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Fing3rm4n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why is this fiction not in the "Movies" section?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fing3rm4n

So you are basing your theory of the origin of life on a Hollywood blockbuster?

If this is about discussing a movie you are in the wrong subforum.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Like the movie 2012 was propaganda about our future, I sense that Promethius is propaganda about our past.

Some day I will do some research on this movie and see what similarities its message has to the beliefs the Illuminati wants us to have about ourselves.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think it's just a movie. Period. It's a prequel to the Alien series, and it was explaining (to a point) the developments of the series. You know, the world in that series? A world that doesn't exist?

Since all the groundwork in that series was fictional, the background has to be fictional too. Thus, it's a movie. You can draw all the parallels you want, but beyond that, any conclusions are your own.
edit on 23-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fing3rm4n

I have to add that I do entertain the notion that Hollywood is trying to tell us stuff from time to time, and that some things that they present may have a bit of truth to them.

But the way you presented your OP makes it seem like you take it all as reliable information.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
LOL! Maybe this belongs in the movie section. I thought this would be the forum for a discussion about creationism, even in a fiction.

To the first couple of posters, thanks for the kind remarks. I'm sure you like being punked on internet forums.

So, this prob belongs in a movie forum, however I don't know where that is.
I enjoy good science fiction movies. At first, I thought Prometheus was dumb and full of holes in it's plot.
Being stubborn as I am, it stayed on my mind. Since I'm in a foreign country with absolutely nothing to do at night, I will watch a movie from time to time and check out the slow internet. Prometheus was an itch for me to scratch.

I guess my point was, thousands of people on the internet have wondered what the point of the movie was about. And I think the point of the movie is about the Genesis. Not the Genesis of mankind, but the progenitor of Genesis in the universe.

So, I thought this would be a topic of interest for this board. I'm a straight Christian and don't believe anything from Hollywood. I re-read my post, and it doesn't suggest that I believe anything. Was just discussing the topic of creation of a popular sci-fi movie that I thought would be discussed at least a little on this board.

EDIT: It just hit me. There are a lot of crazies on this board. I guess your first reaction to my OP was that I believe in this stuff. That actually made me laugh. I should have just rode it out and played the crazy fool engendering much flaming. But, that was not the intention of the thread.
I just think it's a cool idea. It's not so often that Hollywood catches the public off guard. I think that happened with this movie. It's actually quite ingenius. But, I guess you'd have to of watched the movie a couple of times to see where I'm coming from.

new topics

top topics

join