It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Could be MSG?

Many people have a bad reaction to MSG.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by davethebear
I have no idea, I can honestly say that I have never had a McDonalds, nor do I ever want to either.......

Why man? Honestly, I ask, Why?!

Not because I think you should, or because I think you're missing out..

But why?

I've eaten them. I'm still alive.. No cancerous growth. I'm still functioing.. Heck, I ate them for a good 20 years.

WHY ?

Hahaha...........Probably because I have been a vegetarian for the last 31 years............There is nothing appetising for me on the menu really and I am not a great lover of salad.........But I must admit I have had the occasional bean burger from Burger King which aren't too bad.........

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It all makes me sick

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I was in a burger king in the Netherlands years ago, my mate asked for a veggie burger, he got a burger bun with some lettuce, a slice of onion and some ketchup inside for his troubles, I guess there aren't too many vegetarians in Holland

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Do you live on the planet Earth

Which country do you reside in? I'm curious...that's even worse than the people who have told me they've never seen star wars!

Have you seen star wars

Yeah I have seen Star Wars..haha..........but being a vegetarian for 31 years I have had no reason to go to Macca's..........rather go and get an Indian takeaway any day, now that is the true British food, oh yes sublime and tasty....................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

I was in a burger king in the Netherlands years ago, my mate asked for a veggie burger, he got a burger bun with some lettuce, a slice of onion and some ketchup inside for his troubles, I guess there aren't too many vegetarians in Holland

Wow, I go to Amsterdam about 4 times a year and I have had some of the best vegetarian food known to man while I am there.................wonderful place for all kinds of reasons.....hahaha........love it......

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I have no idea, I can honestly say that I have never had a McDonalds, nor do I ever want to either.......

But why?

I've eaten them. I'm still alive.. No cancerous growth. I'm still functioing.. Heck, I ate them for a good 20 years.

WHY ?

Hahaha...........Probably because I have been a vegetarian for the last 31 years............There is nothing appetising for me on the menu really and I am not a great lover of salad.........But I must admit I have had the occasional bean burger from Burger King which aren't too bad.........

Best answer to give ever right there.

I appreciate that, man. I look to a time where I can be free of meat, so to speak., I am unfortunate, I dont like a lot of meat, but was raised to eat it. Rare these days, but I cannot say I'm one way or the other.

I live like a vegetarian, but I eat like an omnivore.

And to my own surprise, I'm finding I eat less and less meat. I just do jo appreciate the taste any more.

I will never have a go at somene who eats mean, but god damn any smart arse who riles me with "huk i ated a meat, how you feel nao vego!! hyuk".. I'll get #ty with those wankers in one jot.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But why?

WHY ?

Best answer to give ever right there.

I appreciate that, man. I look to a time where I can be free of meat, so to speak., I am unfortunate, I dont like a lot of meat, but was raised to eat it. Rare these days, but I cannot say I'm one way or the other.

I live like a vegetarian, but I eat like an omnivore.

And to my own surprise, I'm finding I eat less and less meat. I just do jo appreciate the taste any more.

I will never have a go at somene who eats mean, but god damn any smart arse who riles me with "huk i ated a meat, how you feel nao vego!! hyuk".. I'll get #ty with those wankers in one jot.

I say nowt to anyone regardless of their taste in meat or not..........each to their own.........I have been pretty lucky I suppose, the last 4 relationships I have had all the women have been vegetarian so cooking is wonderful, I love to cook together, it's pretty sexy..................I have been out with meat eaters but it doesn't bother me in the slightest......but I do still love the smell of bacon especially when outdoors at festivals and camping as the smell travels in the air..........but after so long I think that if I even tasted meat I may end up being ill........the thought of having a piece of meat on my plate and having to eat it fills me with terror....haha.........I used to have a dream years ago about being chased by massive chickens..........Mmmm scary monsters.....hahha

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I agree, great country, I lived in the south of Holland for a couple of years. I have great if not slightly hazy memories of Amsterdam. Foods of all kinds generally taste amazing after a little smoke related indulgence, especially Indian cuisine

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I experience the same thing. I hardly eat any fast food anymore, no matter where it's from. However I will say this, Wendy's and Subway seem to be the lesser of the fast food evils. Their food doesn't seem as processed as some of the others.

But yeah, whenever I used to eat McDonald's I would feel sick all night, and sometimes wake up the next morning still feeling somewhat sick. It has to be loaded with crap, why else would it make people feel like that?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

I agree, great country, I lived in the south of Holland for a couple of years. I have great if not slightly hazy memories of Amsterdam. Foods of all kinds generally taste amazing after a little smoke related indulgence, especially Indian cuisine

Now we are on the same wave length and talking the same language........awesome place Amsterdam, you certainly build up an appetite, if you get my drift...haha.....I am thinking of moving there in maybe a year or two. I have only just returned from Australia after 4 years so I am getting used to being a Brit again and enjoying the country again.....................but if you love meat then the place to eat meat is in Australia, that's for sure....................

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Haha, yeah I lived in Oz too for a while, red blooded folk down there, good laugh the Aussies.

Check out Eindhoven, cool town, and not too far from the Dam. I found Dutch easy enough to pick up but maybe I was just stoned

I've had a couple of veggie GF's over the years, and I had no problem switching to a meatless diet, but I used to have a sneaky kebab now and again. But yeah learning to cook was great, veggies are usually great cooks.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Rocked McDs for too many times at work for lunch. My money was good, the service was not. The third guy after me would get his food before me.

Regardless, even after the crap food and service, I still went there. Only because that was the only place close to the jobsite, and I was too lazy to make a lunch. SAD... sad.

If you work construction, bring a microwave, hotplate, or crockpot, for your own food. It'll save you money and be so much healthier than whatever you could get from a fastfood junkhole. At least on a daily basis.

Fast food is ok maybe sometimes, but, the bottom line is that you should cook for your own self. You can't really trust the people that handle your food nowadays. Trust me.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I am eating a double quarter pounder as we speak...Its delicious.

OP you need to slow down on fast food. Its not gonna kill ya but it won't make you healthy either .

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
That's because there is no real food in their "food". Did you know their french fries don't breakdown? In your belly? Lost in your back seat? At the garbage dump? Still look just as tasty.

Be nicer to your body.

Their food does not go bad because its completely dehydrated. Drink more than usual when you eat at McD. I Assume its McD America, not sure who their suppliers are there.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Why do I get sick when I eat McDonalds food?

Beacause it's crap

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sounds like an underlining issue in my opionion although I'm no doctor ... I only eat mcdonalds when I feel sick...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OP never came back. I knew it.

He's 3 quarter pounders short a real burger..

Bloody OP.

I know you r24942D82735s2!!!!

Jesus I would pay a bum $25 to go gem me a burger now.

the sort of pathetic home delivered pizza from d..NOWAYS.. is just beyond pale.. screw dominos..

Aww looks like cheese on toast for me.. splash some fish sauce, close my eyes and eat a rubber band.. could be a decent pizza.. oh wo is me
edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

A better question is why the hell do you keep eating there? Or any fast food place for that matter. Its not food!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I may go to MacDonalds about once a year, if that, and that is only because of the "specials" you get on the back of our bus tickets here in the UK. But whenever I order a burger and fries or whatever, they are never hot, even when just bought, by the time you have gone outside to eat them they are virtually cold. I would sooner have a nice bag of chips and mushy peas ta.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join