It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$100k Bounty Offered For Anti-Islam Filmmaker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

news.sky.com

The Pakistani government has condemned a minister's offer of $100,000 for anyone who kills the maker of a controversial film that mocks the Prophet Mohammed.

The country's railways minister invited the Taliban and al Qaeda to help kill the filmmaker behind Innocence of Muslims, which sparked violent protests around the world.

Ghulam Ahmed Bilour told reporters in the northwestern city of Peshawar: "I announce today that this blasphemer who has abused the holy prophet, if somebody will kill him, I will give that person a prize of $100,000.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just when we thought it was dying down, along comes the Bounty!!

Here we have a clear Bounty being offered to anyone who captures the Film-maker who insulted "Prophet Mo".

So, what are we to make of this?

This is a clear indication that some of the 'Islamic Law' is starting to converge on the rest of the World!!

The guy only made a Film for F's sake.... get over it and get a Life!

The World does not revolve around an Imaginary Figure such as "Prophet Mo" . No-one has ever seen him. He doesn't exist!!

More from the Story:

"I also invite Taliban and al Qaeda brothers to be partners in this noble deed.

"I also announce that if the government hands this person over to me, my heart says I will finish him with my own hands and then they can hang me."

However a spokesman for Pakistan's prime minister said the government "absolutely disassociated" itself from the minister's statement.

Protests against the film left 21 people dead and more than 200 injured across Pakistan on Friday. Another day of demonstrations by thousands of Pakistanis was largely peaceful.

Speaking on Sky News, Pakistan's High Commissioner to the UK Wajid Shamsul Hasan said he did not approve of the bounty, but that the minister was "acting out of anger".

Should this Minister not be taking into Custody for plotting to Kill someone? Oh, I forgot, our Laws dont mean anything over in the ME... So why should theirs mean anything to the rest of the World?

news.sky.com
edit on 23-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well in a fair observation, the US does have bounties on the heads of a lot of people they consider Terrorists. So putting a price on someones head is not strictly going to get any points against the extremists.

Having said that, at least WE -- and I won't get into an argument about what constitutes as WE, I will simply say I consider "WE" as us. the average joe. John johnson, of the johnny john john coathanger institute.

Now, you. Yes you, fatso, sitting there, eating your bloody cake and sipping your diet cola. Yeah you. Do you know you are the actual ENEMY? No? But you're a staunch supporter of the US troops. Well then fatty, you support are the enemy. Are you ready to get out of bondage and untie the ropes of tyranny, that have sufocated you to the point of restricting your very blood giving veins?

NO WELL LISTEN UP SOLDIER!!!

Somewhere in a sand laden country, some little fart lives... swallowing flies and fleas and camed crap. And not only that, he hates you. Not because you pwnt him on xbox live. No.. Because he has NO XBOX. He's crying into his empty adidas shoe box. His mommo promised him a water pit once. He threw sand in it..

So there he is, man.. looking at YOU OP, AT YOU.. and he's not smiling.. He's frothing at the lips.. his hate is palpable. He wants one thing, and one thing only..

A decent bath.

He has a bath and suddenly, over 6000 years of sand just washes away.

It's up to us, OP. to bathe the masses... for without a bath, even jesus was a cranky bastard.. "WASH MY FEET OR FOAD YOU ASPOSTLES" he was heard to say... and verily, yea, they washed his feet.

whod be a religious nut lmao
edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Once upon a time (1988), there was an author named Salmon Rushdie. He wrote a book offensive to the Muslim community called "Satanic Verses". The book was so contraversial that UK and Iran broke their diplomatic ties. The UK wouldn't hand over the author for execution.

A Fatwá was ordered on the man. The book made millions. Salmon is still alive.

I got most of this from Wikipedia, which I hate to use, but it was mostly for dates and spelling.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Here we have a clear Bounty being offered to anyone who captures the Film-maker who insulted "Prophet Mo".

No where in the link that you posted is the word capture. Actually, there is a world of difference between kill and capture.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I could use a little extra money.
Anyone know where he is?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I got most of this from Wikipedia, which I hate to use, but it was mostly for dates and spelling.

Wait, you can get dates on Wikipedia? I've been using it all wrong. Goodbye bar scene!

What I want to know is, how do you collect the bounty? I can see myself at the Pakistani airport now.

"Passport, please. Do you have anything to declare?"

"Uh, I have a severed head in the cooler"

"I see, the purpose of your visit?"

"I'm here to collect the bounty on this guy. He made a film that upset a bunch of people."

"And how long do you plan to stay?"

"Well, just long enough to get the cash, I guess. I may also check into getting a job as a Customer Support Rep for a Chinese computer company. Chinese is an easy language to learn, right?"

"Enjoy your stay, sir. Next!"

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

get over it and get a Life

This is kind of funny considering the USA and it's free speech has only been around since about the late 1700's while their religion and culture has been around for hundreds of thousands of years - they "had a life" long before the United States even had a map.

We and our relatively new country are a new "concept" and they like and appreciate our brand of freedom about as much as I enjoy reality television or to see pharmaceutical ads on TV. Not much.

All change is not good - or welcome.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

news.sky.com

The Pakistani government has condemned a minister's offer of $100,000 for anyone who kills the maker of a controversial film that mocks the Prophet Mohammed.

The country's railways minister invited the Taliban and al Qaeda to help kill the filmmaker behind Innocence of Muslims, which sparked violent protests around the world.

Ghulam Ahmed Bilour told reporters in the northwestern city of Peshawar: "I announce today that this blasphemer who has abused the holy prophet, if somebody will kill him, I will give that person a prize of $100,000.

I'm sure there's tons of professional hitmen who would do that for 100k, but the problem is they likely wouldn't take the job as they actually want to get paid at the end. Some rail way minister? Like come on seriously? You won't get paid. he's just jelous cuz he didn't get the star roll. But maybe in IOM part 2 he'll get a try at playing mohammad AlCIAduhhhh

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Eh, Religion...

WHAT is it good for??

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The guy made a low budget film that no one cared about and no one saw.
He said Mohammed had sex with kids and the cult was violent.
He told the truth about Mohammed having sex with kids.
And now there are Muslims around the planet proving him right about the violence part.
If they had ignored it .. it would have gone away.
And they would have proven his movie wrong.
But as it is .... some are proving him correct.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think we've found the filmmaker.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I'm sure there's tons of professional hitmen who would do that for 100k, but the problem is they likely wouldn't take the job as they actually want to get paid at the end. Some rail way minister? Like come on seriously? You won't get paid.

I imagine you have no understanding of politics in Pakistan....

The politicians in that country are more identifiable to CEOs, or business people, but even in the West, how many politicians do you know of that haven't made millions before they entered the run.

I don't see why they couldn't pay, or find someone to.

---

What concerns me, is whether or not people like this actually believe in what they are doing or is it just politics? (The other kind...)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Eh, Religion...

WHAT is it good for??

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!

Say it again, Huh!

*sings along*

you ever do that, get a song in your head that you think you're in synch with, but when you start humming it, the other person says "Nahh, not that!" and your world stops... *WHAT DOES SHE MEAN?????*

o.O

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I didn't know it was legal in Pakistan to solicit murder. Can the man on the street over there do this too? I'm pretty sure it's a crime in most parts of the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ok .. I killed him and I dumped his body at sea.

Where do I collect ?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ahh.. another fine example of double standards... the u.s government puts bounties of several million dollars on the heads of people it wants dead - nobody even bats an eye...
a muslim puts a bounty out - people get their knickers in a twist... regardless who does it its evil... nothing justifies the taking of a life by anyone...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

their religion and culture has been around for hundreds of thousands of years

September 24, 622
This migration, called Hijra in Arabic, started on September 24, 622. This marks the beginning of Islam, and the Muslim calendar starts with this date.

The Beginning of Islam

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of this movement, and the culture that stemmed from it - prior to that the culture was intertwined within the region(s) of the individuals that decided to follow this movement.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
ahh.. another fine example of double standards... the u.s government puts bounties of several million dollars on the heads of people it wants dead - nobody even bats an eye...
a muslim puts a bounty out - people get their knickers in a twist... regardless who does it its evil... nothing justifies the taking of a life by anyone...
So you're comparing making a bad movie with ordering the mass murder of thousands? I see, yeah, I guess there's not much difference, Lolwut?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I actually forgot to add to my OP a bit more on the Bounty hunt!!

There are many out in the ME with Bounties on their heads or at least to capture but these are guys who have committed attrocities and have ties to Terrorist Groups!

The guy who made the Film only made a Film.

There is a mass difference.... a massive difference.... the guy hasn't killed anyone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join