It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason for EVERYTHING.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghezuz

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
This is still foggy, what are you really saying...

The OP concludes that there is an object in space disturbing earth's gravity. I would assume from what he says that he is referring to Nibiru.

What he must understand though, is that every other planet and moon in the solar system would be showing orbital disturbances if this was the case. The sun's wobble would show differences. And above all, if an object big enough to cause all of this was in the Solar system, it would have been detected already.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Ghezuz because: (no reason given)

We all currently suffer from the "Illusion of knowledge", the belief that astronomers and NASA watch the skies daily looking for changes, this simply was not the case. Once an object was observed and cataloged it was seldom revisited, the deep sky survey and the discovery of thousands of new objects fueled the science.
In many ways the ancients who studied the sky with naked eye were more likely to notice changes in our Solar System.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
They aren't looking to mine the Moon, they're trying to find out exactly how the Moon influences Earth's gravity.

The world seems bigger and scarier when people who do not understand things, attempt to attribute mundane knowledge to complex ideas.

Believe it or not, but there is a form of Maths that calculate things like how two gravitational bodies will act on each other. They don't need to actually send things to the moon to measure the gravity. Or work out how it happens. Or even test it. Considering Gravity is a uniform force..

What is more important to a budget? "Hey everyone, we've tested the gravity and it *IS* true. It exists. can I have a few more billion dollars now?" or "Hey everyone, we've done it - He3 in sufficient quantities to justify a continued and expanded budget for the next 50 years."

Yeah, not so much the gravity I believe. But monopolise a spanking new clean energy market? Ehhe..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
i agree with you op, there is something big is coming,

We all have to die, so you are correct in semantics if not factual content.

if you see where is the military thing on midle east? event a carrier ship not stanby in midle east sea..they are preparing for something ! they know something..we must search more and more information..try ask close friend that have reputation on military force..they know something!

Nice thread OP, sory for my english,

So conflict in the Mid. East is proof that some extra terrestrial body - be it a dead sun, a blue sphere of love, GOD on a pink unicorn, Jesus surfing his crucifix yelling Kowabunga dudes and duettes, or Nyan Cat - is on it's way and MAN in his infinite glory and omnipotence, can wage war with said celestial entity with lead based projectiles.

I cannot write this stuff down and call it mine.. It's just too insane. Imma start a blog and call myself prophet Wino. Where everything happens all at once and never at all.. as long as you're drinking the red wine.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

So "Gravity Recovery" as defined would clearly indicate something is wrong with Earth's gravity, would it not?
No. It would not. You can't always apply "normal" word usage to scientific usage. The probes will make use of the geodetic technique known as gravity recovery. It's another way of saying gravity mapping.
space.cv.nctu.edu.tw...

The Earth portion (GRACE) has as it's objective "Measure gravity changes related to the movement of mass such as melting of ice at the poles and changes in ocean circulation." If anyone tells you the rapid polar ice melt doesn't effect Earth's rotation or gravity they are lying.
Or they are mistaken. The melting of polar ice results in a redistribution of mass. A redistribution of mass results in very small changes it the Earth's gravitational field. Yes, along with it, very small changes in Earth's rotation, sort of. More specifically changes in the Earth's figure axis, similar to the changes caused by large earthquakes and the daily changes caused by the tides.

The Moon portion (Grail) has as it's objective the mapping of magnetic and gravity fields on the Lunar surface, and the study of composition and size of the Lunar core. They aren't looking to mine the Moon, they're trying to find out exactly how the Moon influences Earth's gravity.
No. They are looking to learn more about the composition of the moon and to precisely measure the mascons which cause the known gravitational anomalies.

Both missions were necessary because there is a "perturbing force" within our solar system, an object which has changed the gravity in the Sun-Earth-Moon system.
No. There isn't.

edit on 9/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
it is hard to see any proof until it is people like you and me with videos, ideas calculations, etc. or it could be anyone. we experience a little here haha

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I am ready to follow you in this thread, but first I would like for you to show me any data, orbital changes or statistic demonstrating that the premise of your thread is correct.

The premise being that the earth's gravitational orbit has been altered in any way by an object in space that we have not detected.

I have the data, I'm going to find the most "user friendly" version without legal restrictions and post it here.

Are you going to post the Data that shows proof of the gravitational disturbance affecting our planet soon ?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You're either one hell of a fiction writer or you're onto something.
Either way, keep going.
This is great!

If the moon is moving away from the earth 1.5 inches per year, what happens when its orbit decays? Does it fly off into the sun, or whiplash and smash right into earth?
edit on 9/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

A few issues with your opening post:

The moon does not have a dipolar electromagnetic field like the earth does.
The melting ice caps will indeed have a small effect on the rotation of the earth about it's axis, but so far this is negligible, not even enough of a change to measure. It would have no affect on the earths gravity, as obviously the overall mass of the earth will not change, just have miniscule alterations in it's distribution.
Any object which was close enough to our solar system to have an effect on the Earth/Moon/Sun relationship would be close enough to effect Mercury, Venus and Mars too. (Mercury and Venus being between us and the sun as you will know)
Any Earth/Moon/Sun changes would cause noticeable tidal changes, and weather pattern changes.

Now, I am not saying that none of the above issues are occurring, but for your opening post to be believable, you would need to include links to evidence that they are. I have had a quick scout about on the internet and can't find any evidence to back you up, but will happily read anything you can provide for me, I am fascinated by this topic.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Either way, keep going.
This is great!

If the moon is moving away from the earth 1.5 inches per year, what happens when its orbit decays? Does it fly off into the sun, or whiplash and smash right into earth?

As the distance between the moon increases, the rate at which it moves away decreases. It will not have enough time to escape earth's gravitational pull before the Sun dies in 5 billion years.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Either way, keep going.
This is great!

As the distance between the moon increases, the rate at which it moves away decreases. It will not have enough time to escape earth's gravitational pull before the Sun dies in 5 billion years.

Well, considering how the sun holds planets in their orbit a couple billion miles away from it, I can see what you mean. And, I hope you're right!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure what "it" is or what the OP means, too vague. I can only share my observations of people around me and I keep hearing people having what I can only describe as "time slips". Missing many minutes or even hours, like time folded on them or something. They've noticed it for the past two weeks--strange stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So "Gravity Recovery" as defined would clearly indicate something is wrong with Earth's gravity, would it not?
No. It would not. You can't always apply "normal" word usage to scientific usage. The probes will make use of the geodetic technique known as gravity recovery. It's another way of saying gravity mapping.

Aww I said that I said that.. I just didn't say it in wordy terms.

I need to learn me some nasa so my smarts are betterere than words.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If what OP is saying is true, than I don't understand why he cares about way how he publish the data in possesion?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red73Eng
If what OP is saying is true, than I don't understand why he cares about way how he publish the data in possesion?

What? Sorry, I mean Pardon? I mean - please repeat, I don't understand what you are saying. I apologise if English is not your first language. I just can't understand you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

If what old boy says in his opening post is accurate and true, then I am unaware as to the logic to which his endeavour proclaims direction.

Please, poste haste, enlighten me as to these wants, so that I may formulate a correspondence forth with.

You'rs

Him not even close related to wot you replied about.

I am likely wrong, so please direct all negative attitude to www.qq.com -- where an attendant will take care of your immediate needs.

ahem.
edit on 23-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Well I had no idea anything I said here was that bad. Or off topic.. Maybe slightly randomly topical, but always on it.

Can I ask for it to be considered of the mods, to quote an offending portion so we know where we fail?

"Do not reply to this U2U" is almost saying something else to what the site motto lives up to.

The reason for everything.. I ask a reason !!!!! For one thing. whats the story guys?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join