It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this world coming to? Actually America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok, someone tell me how a police officer can shoot at someone who has one arm, one leg, in a wheel chair with an apparent Mental Illness weilding a pen?

A US police officer has shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair after the double amputee waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.

Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said the man cornered the officer at a Houston, Texas, group home on Saturday and was making threats while trying to stab the officer with the pen. At the time, the officer did not know what man was waving, Silva said.

She said the man came "within inches to a foot" of the officer and did not follow instructions to calm down and remain still. "Fearing for his partner's safety and his own safety, he discharged his weapon," Silva said.
Police did not immediately release the name of the man who was killed

www.news.com.au...

I don't know what else to say... This is disgusting. What is this world coming to? The same officer fatally shot a suspect in 2009 also.
edit on 22-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

What is this world coming to?

The same thing that it has always been. If you think abuse of power is something "new" then you should read a history book.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Ok, someone tell me how a police officer can shoot at someone who has one arm, one leg, in a wheel chair with an apparent Mental Illness weilding a pen?

1) Unholster weapon
2) Remove safety
3) Rack the slide
4) Aim weapon
5) Squeeze down on the trigger

Simple steps to follow actually.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The officer was probably worried that the one armed man would write the answers to the police retraining exam he had next week.

Cheating on tests is wrong. He was obviously acting morally and ethically responsible.

On a more serious note, of course these crimes keep happening. There is no punishment. They get paid time off and get their job back.

Don't blame the monkeys for stealing the banana's, blame the zoo for not keeping them in line.

This crap is gonna keep happening if there are no consequences for these actions.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh, that's just rich. Double amputee in wheelchair waving a pen = fear for their lives = maybe they're in the wrong line of work.

That man must have been as scary as a puppy or an eighty some odd year old woman ..... oh wait

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Where do you want me to start? Somewhere after WW2?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Where do you want me to start? Somewhere after WW2?

Go as far back as possibly reliable.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The point is this is wrong. Abusing power is one thing, becoming a repeat trigger happy offender is another. The cop needs to be stood down.. He cannot control his paranioa.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I hope somebody is keeping track. Just recently it was an 83 year old lady, there have been three family pets shot and killed. They are out of control.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What ever happened to stun guns and tear gas?

They only carry guns now? This is getting to be sad.

Hide your everybody now, you're not safe. Puppies, grandma, mentally handicapped.....:shk:

top topics

join