It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of shape for the Apocalypse ,A Paintball Experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You know,going out hunting is nothing like what I experienced today.
You sit and wait.
I hunt and I have just introduced hunting to my son.
I have never been military,so its a new experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
sometimes people freeze the paintballs
hurts alot.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Dear kdog1982,

I thought we had conversed before. Peace. I remember a story I read a long time ago, just cannot remember the title. It was about a father and son (I have all daughters), the father and son would wrestle every weekend, the father always won. One day the son won and both knew that their roles in life had changed. I have been very blessed, I had a great father and I respected his integrity and intelligence. One day he had a mini stroke and I had to take his car keys away from him and move him in with me. He continued to be an inspiration to me and my daughters simply loved him, they never got to see him at his best; but, then again they did.

In my career, when I was younger, I was full of energy and piss and vinegar. I had an assistant, he was young and terrified of me and my friends. One day, when I was insane, he had to drive me somewhere because I didn't want to fly (I am a jerk at times), he drove me about 400 miles and while we were driving my friends kept calling him, they told him that if I didn't make it back it was his fault and they would deal with him. One of the people was a billionaire (since deceased) and another had a dubious military background, the rest do not matter. That young man went on to learn quite a lot and I am so very proud of him, he got it and he kept his morals. I retire soon and leave him as a testament to what I learned. His father is a man of character, the best of the blue collars that wanted his son to be white collar. His father, like mine, suffered a stroke.

The best we get is to leave behind someone who learned from us, someone that listened to us because we had something of value to teach, that is our academy award. I am glad your son is learning from you. Peace. Get old and give him what you have while you have it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Dear kdog1982,

I thought we had conversed before. Peace. I remember a story I read a long time ago, just cannot remember the title. It was about a father and son (I have all daughters), the father and son would wrestle every weekend, the father always won. One day the son won and both knew that their roles in life had changed. I have been very blessed, I had a great father and I respected his integrity and intelligence. One day he had a mini stroke and I had to take his car keys away from him and move him in with me. He continued to be an inspiration to me and my daughters simply loved him, they never got to see him at his best; but, then again they did.

In my career, when I was younger, I was full of energy and piss and vinegar. I had an assistant, he was young and terrified of me and my friends. One day, when I was insane, he had to drive me somewhere because I didn't want to fly (I am a jerk at times), he drove me about 400 miles and while we were driving my friends kept calling him, they told him that if I didn't make it back it was his fault and they would deal with him. One of the people was a billionaire (since deceased) and another had a dubious military background, the rest do not matter. That young man went on to learn quite a lot and I am so very proud of him, he got it and he kept his morals. I retire soon and leave him as a testament to what I learned. His father is a man of character, the best of the blue collars that wanted his son to be white collar. His father, like mine, suffered a stroke.

The best we get is to leave behind someone who learned from us, someone that listened to us because we had something of value to teach, that is our academy award. I am glad your son is learning from you. Peace. Get old and give him what you have while you have it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Peace be with you brother.
As I travel though this journey called life,I learn as I go as many do.

It brings joy to my heart to pass on things to my son .
My father was not so generous,but he did pass on his wisdom,although he was a man of few words.
It was through his actions and my observations that led me to where I am today.

edit on 22-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Dear kdog1982,

I am sorry your father was not more vocal. I was blessed with a father that never understood me (I am autistic); but the son of a gun always taught me things. I am glad that you got something from your father, I meet many young people who never knew their fathers at all. It sucks for them. From what you posted you wish your children to know you, you are doing right by letting them know you. Enjoy the time you have with them, it goes so quickly.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm about to hit 30 so still in the delusional, I can still be 20 phase.

Have a specialized to trek 100 miles a week.

Then HIIT cardio 3x a week on a rower or elliptical.

Just started back up.

After I get fit aerobically will swap out the HIIT sessions for power/oly lifts strength training & WODs.

Might as well go all while the joints are still good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join