It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent need for right to know GMO labeling *Video* of profound importance.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

First-Ever Lifetime Feeding Study Finds Genetically Engineered Corn Causes Massive Tumors, Organ Damage, and Early Death

If there is truth in that you are what you eat, please take steps now to make choices that will enrich and enliven your body and fight for the right of the little ones being fed this garbage to also have a choice in the future because the way things are headed, they will not have a choice if this generation drops the ball and just gives in to the deathly agenda of the GMO nightmare.

A two-year long French feeding study designed to evaluate the long-term health effects of a genetically engineered corn found that rats fed Monsanto’s maize developed massive breast tumors, kidney and liver damage, and other serious health problems.

WE MUST do everything we can to help educate all Americans within voting age to fight this most important issue if not for those who are already suffering the extensive damage but for the generations to come who deserve for us to do everything we can to chart the course of history and bring a choice to every living being affected by these irresponsible choices being made to the detriment of life and wellness.

According to results from a 10-year long feeding study on rats, mice, pigs and salmon, genetically engineered feed causes obesity, along with significant changes in the digestive system and major organs, including the liver, kidneys, pancreas, genitals and more The EPA admits there’s “mounting evidence” that Monsanto’s insecticide-fighting YieldGard corn is losing its effectiveness in the Midwest. Last year, rootworms resistant to the toxin in the genetically designed corn infested fields in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Nebraska.. (read more)

articles.mercola.com...

edit on 22-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I recently had a row with a family member over this very subject.

This is what was thrown at me as evidence.
"We've been eating this stuff for years and its never hurt any of us"

I was shocked, this seems to be what people believe!!

The MSM certainly does its job very well.

GMO is POISON

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I hope this long term feeding study gets massive play. Monsanto's studies were very short term. 90 days is the longest, and some of the feed was cut with non-GMO in order to prevent adverse reactions.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What's this about?

In a move regarded as unusual by the media, the French research group refused to provide copies of the journal paper to reporters in advance of its publication, unless they signed non-disclosure agreements. The NDAs would have prevented the journalists from approaching third-party researchers for comment.

They also questioned the choice of rat, which they said was well known to develop cancers, particularly if its diet was not well controlled. In addition, the small size of the control group - just 20 animals - made it difficult to draw any conclusions of significance, they argued.

"The most evocative part of the paper is those pictures of tumorigenesis," said Prof Maurice Moloney from Rothamsted Research, where much UK GM study is undertaken.

"They give the impression that this never happens in controls. I'd be surprised if it didn't, but that ought to be explicitly demonstrated, and if there was a control that ended up showing similar kinds of tumorigenesis then a picture of that rat should be shown as well, just so we can see if there are any qualitative differences between them."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah....pretty much already debunked because of bad science. news.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Through tears I will be brutally honest with you right now. I am ashamed by the way we are treating our planet, our plants, animals, humans, and I am part of it.

My heart breaks for lack of activism. Sincerely, I am part of the 100million Americans living below poverty, I am on foodstamps and live well within my budget to simply afford food for all of my animals. We go without, we eat as healthy as we can, yet it is not enough, my older dogs for the past years have developed afflictions I KNOW are related to the food I am forced to buy them. I buy "good" dog food but the family pets develop fatty tumors and or allergy symptoms that are only alleviated by medicines.

We have chickens for our eggs but what are feeding them? I have gone to the same feed store for years and my chickens 'seem' healthy, but I KNOW that they are passing this GMO to us, that they are forced to eat franken grains.

I am sorry. It is like living in a nightmare, a holy living hell, to be awake and KNOW but have no power to change anything.

Go ahead kick me when I am down, but I feel so lost right now and confused in my clarity. Help me understand how we got here, and how to not feel like throwing up at the knowledge I hold but am unable to change.

In putting this thread together I saw so many images of truth, things that no being should ever have to suffer at the hands of those we trust to keep us healthy. I will not share those images, they are beyond ugly and profoundly atrocious atrocities against LIFE. And yet in labs it is funded by tax payers, it is funded and continually perpetrated against the whole of our existence.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The study is published.

What might not be obvious is that this study actually had to be conducted in secret, with a fake cover study in order for it to go forward. If Monsanto gets wind of ANY research facility looking at problems with GMOs, it puts the pressure on fast.

Phone calls are made. Funding is cut. Careers are destroyed. And scientists are targeted with smear campaigns.

Many have found themselves fired or so discredited that they cannot find work.

I think the data needs to be looked at closely. But the cloak and dagger stuff was necessary if they ever wanted to run this study and publish.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

phage i cant tell you how to post but comon dude,
we both know that most GMOs were designed and tested when only aprox 20% of the genome was "known"
and since then the "junk DNA" has now been better understood.

how can you defend the saftey of this stuff knowing this information?
how can you pretend this stuff is safe now that we know we were "wrong" about most of the genome and its functions?

you blame faulty science but all the studies i have read come to the same conclusion,
this was never fully saftey tested and the science was based on asumptions since proven incorrect,

how can you blame the control size, or the methods?

what about the fact that the science supposed 80% of the genome was waste,?

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE THAT THIS FOOD ISNT CAUSING CANCER?

xploder
edit on 22-9-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

The study is published.

Yes. Yes it was. So what? That doesn't mean it was good science.

What might not be obvious is that this study actually had to be conducted in secret, with a fake cover study in order for it to go forward
Yes. Because the seed was essentially stolen.

Professor Andrew Kniss, biologist at the University of Wyoming, noted that oddity also, and went a step further and took the known cancer rates of this line of rats and made the control group 10,000 instead of the bizarre 10. The simulation "found that 71.4% of them will develop tumors by the end of a 2 year study. That’s pretty close to 72%. But here is where sample size becomes so critically important. If we only select 10 female rats, the chances of finding exactly 72% of them with tumors is much less." Right, if the control group is 10 you could get no rats or 1 or 10, a statistical fluke result. Every biologist noted this same flaw yet anti-science activists insist it makes no difference.

www.science20.com...

The "study" was deeply flawed and biased. It demonstrated nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Where have I defended it? All I have done is pointed out deeply flawed research and conclusions. How can you support such bad science?

Perhaps you have reached the wrong conclusions about what has recently been discussed.
edit on 9/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XPLodER

Where have I defended it? All I have done is pointed out deeply flawed research and conclusions. How can you support such bad science?

Perhaps you have reached the wrong conclusions about what has recently been discussed.

I dont see you pointing out the bad science by monsanto

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Here's a list of countries (and U.S. counties) that have banned genetically modified crops in one way or another.

In the United States: Only the California counties of Mendocino, Trinity and Marin have successfully banned GM crops. Voters in other Calilfornia counties have tried to pass similar measures but failed.

In Australia: Several Australian states had bans on GM crops but most of them have since lifted them. Only South Australia still has a ban on GM crops, though Tasmania has a moratorium on them until November of 2014.

In Japan: The Japanese people are staunchly opposed to genetically modified crops and no GM seeds are planted in the country. However, large quantities of canola are imported from Canada (which is one of the world's largest producers of GM canola) and there is now GM canola growing wild around Japanese ports and roads to major food oil companies. Genetically modified canola such as Monsanto's Roundup Ready canola have been found growing around 5 of the 6 ports that were tested for GM contamination. In New Zealand: No GM foods are grown in the country.

In Germany: There is a ban on the cultivation or sale of GMO maize. In Ireland: All GM crops were banned for cultivation in 2009, and there is a voluntary labeling system for foods containing GM foods to be identified as such.

In Austria, Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria and Luxembourg: There are bans on the cultivation and sale of GMOs.

In France: Monsanto's MON810 GM corn had been approved but its cultivation was forbidden in 2008. There is widespread public mistrust of GMOsthat has been successful in keeping GM crops out of the country.

In Madeira: This small autonomous Portugese island requested a country-wide ban on genetically modified crops last year and was permitted to do so by the EU.

In Switzerland: The country banned all GM crops, animals, and plants on its fields and farms in a public referendum in 2005, but the initial ban was for only five years. The ban has since been extended through 2013. In India: The government placed a last-minute ban on GM eggplant just before it was scheduled to begin being planted in 2010. However, farmers were widely encouraged to plant Monsanto's GM cotton and it has led to devastating results.

The UK's Daily Mail reports that an estimated 125,000 farmers have committed suicide because of crop failure and massive debt since planting GM seeds.

In Thailand: The country has zigzagged in its support and opposition of GM crops. The country had widespread trials of GM papayas from Hawaii but reversed its plans when the seeds got wild and began contaminating nearby crops. Several countries such as Japan moved to restrict the importation of Thailand's papayas as a result, not wanting to import any GM foods. Thailand is currently trying to embrace both sides -- producing organic foods for some countries at a high price while moving towards embracing more and more GM crops. The country has also tried declaring some areas GMO-free zones in order to encourage other countries to trust their foods.

What countries have embraced GM crops?

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I dont see you pointing out the bad science by monsanto

Not exactly the topic is it? Got any examples of bad GM science?
But do you think bad science should be confronted by more bad science?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

i dont i was one of those people saying that the roundup was bad from word go,
but at the time we were told "glycofosphate cant get through the stomach linning,
same sorta story with crops with "inbuilt" poisen "they wont show up in the blood stream"
THEY DID
were are the scientists who told these lies/

i understand the issue precisely,

money over life

do you?

xploder

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

WikiLeaks cables reveal retaliation plans against Europe over refusing GMO seeds

Democracy Now has obtained leaked cables showing the Bush administration discussed ways to retaliate against European countries who refused to accept Genetically Modified (GM) seeds and briefed Monsanto on politics and strategies to promote the GM agenda.

The internet news agency posted a half hour report on the leaked cables and featured an interview with GMO expert Jeffrey Smith, who said: Well, we’ve been saying for years that the United States government has joined at—is joined at the hip with Monsanto and pushing GMOs as part of Monsanto’s agenda on the rest of the world. This lays bare the mechanics of that effort.

We have Craig Stapleton, the former ambassador to France, specifically asking the U.S. government to retaliate and cause some harm throughout the European Union.

And then, two years later, in 2009, we have a cable from the ambassador to Spain from the United States asking for intervention there, asking the government to help formulate a biotech strategy and support the government—members of the government in Spain that want to promote GMOs, as well.

And here, they specifically indicate that they sat with the director of Monsanto for the region and got briefed by him about the politics of the region and created strategies with him to promote the GMO agenda.

Wikipedia says of the company: Monsanto's development and marketing of genetically engineered seed and bovine growth hormone, as well as its aggressive litigation, political lobbying practices, seed commercialization practices and "strong-arming" of the seed industry have made the company controversial around the world and a primary target of the alter-globalization movement and environmental activists. As a result of its business strategies and licensing agreements, Monsanto came under investigation by the U.S. Justice Department in 2009.

www.examiner.com...

Just posting some basic info here that may or may not have been covered and discussed here. IMO we are far far beyond creating negativity over semantics of the reality and dangers of GMO. BUt this is always good ammo for the mind to help become clear about the very real existence.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

i dont i was one of those people saying that the roundup

This is not about roundup but if roundup is so terrible why is it so widely used? You know that the patent expired a few years back, right? Farmers seem to like it a lot, what do you think they should do instead?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

i dont i was one of those people saying that the roundup

This is not about roundup but if roundup is so terrible why is it so widely used? You know that the patent expired a few years back, right? Farmers seem to like it a lot, what do you think they should do instead?

Just like DDT/Agent Orange/Lead paint/ Asbestos/Aluminum cookware/ and so on and so on......

Those above items were all heralded as the best thing for man kind at the time.

Where did we end up because of them?
About 6 feet down for an awful lot of people.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Ok. We learn don't we.

DDT is still in use in some places. Malaria is worse.
Agent Orange was a bad idea from the get go but there was a war on.
Lead paint, who would think kids would eat it?
Asbestos, the best thing going at the time.

Are people and animals dropping dead from GM crops?

Wait. Aluminum cookware?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well depending on how many links you want pro and con it is making the news a lot more that there could be a link with aluminum and mental health...
Here is one link and I know you do google so I feel no need to add more here.

www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

keep in mind this is just how other toxins got their start in the news, I am old enough to remember when they were spraying Agent Orange and people were screaming that it is killing everything and that was pushed under the radar real fast.

Turned out they were totally correct and totally shut down by the press at the time.....
Yes sir we learn all the time but at very heavy costs indeed.

As far as the kids eating lead paint that was not the only risk, try inhaling flaking paint for 20 years or so while you sleep or whatever.

I am happy to report though that Canada is in the works of shutting down our asbestos industry it is far too late though and some heads should roll on this one.

in.reuters.com...

www.torontosun.com...

That above link is about the city we live in, maybe you can understand my passion for no poisons no-matter what the profit may be.

Anyhow I am off topic here and I apologize to the OP....
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As for roundup ready crops... Well there is so much evidence from farmers that they were fooled into using it as well as the GMo seed in conjunction as they go hand in hand and one is not covered without the other, however it did not take long to realize that there was something terribly wrong and unreliable in both. The farmers were then "given" incentives to continue and to for the most part to go along with the program or risk losing everything. You do not need to do research to discover the truth in this, all you have to do is ask any of the farmers using it.

Enjoy the read. Do a simple search to discover countless hits on the misrepresentations. I fully expect all of the more recent studies and findings will be scrubbed from the internet soon because it is just too horrific to believe.

www.inmotionmagazine.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join