It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romneys to Release Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Romney campaign is releasing Mitt and Ann Romney's 2011 tax return today. The campaign previews a few of the highlights here:

In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.

The Romneys’ effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.

The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.

The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.

The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.

Additionally, the Romney campaign is releasing a summary of 20 years of taxes, between 1990-2009, detailing their tax expenditures during those years:

www.weeklystandard.com...

So there you go. They're releasing their tax returns after all. Nobody has anything to whine about, but I'm sure some will.

edit on 21-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Whens he gonna release those school records? You know the ones where he got scholarships from saying he was born in Mexico.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Search function works. www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it's not his actual returns just a summary. When he releases the actual 1040's then he can say he released them.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Charitable donations to the "Make Pappy Richer" fund do not count, right? Is that factored in?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Nevada Republican to Harry Reid: Make our day, release your 2011 tax return
www.washingtontimes.com...

Mr. Reid has repeatedly claimed in recent weeks that Mr. Romney "didn't pay taxes for 10 years."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Can you prove Harry Reid lyed ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Whens he gonna release those school records? You know the ones where he got scholarships from saying he was born in Mexico.

Right after Obama releases his. Thought so.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Can you prove Harry Reid lyed ?

So guilty until proven innocent? Definitely the American way. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That doesn't make him off the hook. Since your scum you cannot ask me about my scum? Worthless both ways sir, but go ahead and vote for your favorite asshole.

AAC

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That doesn't make him off the hook. Since your scum you cannot ask me about my scum? Worthless both ways sir, but go ahead and vote for your favorite asshole.

AAC

Maybe you missed the point. RealSpoke is asking Romney to release something that he does not want HIS choice for President to release. He thinks asking for Obama to release his is stupid, yet he is calling for Romney to release them. Now do you understand?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
He was planning to release this one year (2011) ALL ALONG. Don't you guys remember? It's the ones from 2009 (after the economic collapse) that people really want to see and he STILL refuses to release.

This is not even news. He's just trying desperately to change the subject and "jump-start" his campaign.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Romney paid more in taxes in one year than I will ever pay in my lifetime. I think I'm thankful that there are those that can make millions and still give back to non-profits as tax deductibles and then still pay over a million in taxes. I don't expect a handout, I expect integrity and kindness but sadly you won't see that anywhere in politics....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
He was supposed to release 2 years as a requirement, this is one of the 2. There was mention of more years as the base for finding something more recent say the last 5, I believe the Obamas and other previous candidates have released more than 5 years of their income especially in a bid for the presidency.

Romney's wife vehemently opposed releasing more than 2 years , this and their stick to their guns attitude raised suspicion along with Harry Reid's comments, the thing is, if you have nothing to hide why sweat it ? some rumors were out there insinuating that he may have as part of tax amnesty paid them or was forced by the IRS to pay them at some point in recent years beyond the last 2 , we know that if he had any thoughts of running for president he would have more than likely had the last couple of years straight.

I think having that much money you can easily cover your tracks by getting a reputable financial firm, make some broad analysis over 20 years, average it and come up with some figure without actually lying and easily avoid the pressing granular questions on his taxes, I say Romney, man up, release the records what makes you so special ? and are you really hiding something ?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The issue of at what rate he paid is a whole other topic. The real issue is did he take an amnesty deal.
Did he ammend ANY past tax returns , and avoid prosecution ? Providing his tax rate and taxable amounts for 20 years , DOES NOT answer the real questions if he lied on his tax returns and then claimed amnesty to avoid a felony conviction.
Mittens 2009 tax return could only be the tip of the iceberg , an amenesty deal could include several years back.

top topics

join