It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Over the United Kingdom

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Isn't this like the third or fourth sighting in the last couple days? I think I saw one on RSOE EDIS yesterday and there have been two posts here for the same region. Scary stuff.

Yes... I saw the same thing on RSOE it's not often you see that site cover a space related event.

RSOE - "Event Into Space"

Hopefully it's not pieces of something bigger coming next like the movies, eh? Of course not... it's not like it's 2012 or something. Oh.. wait..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I also saw it last night, it was amazing I tried to grab my camera but I was too late

don't think anyone has posted this video yet - twitter.yfrog.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I also seen it from St.Helens, it was quite obvious it was a meteor shower however my social media was flooded with local idiots saying they'd seen a UFO, aliens etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi ATS. Saw this last night in the Glasgow/Paisley area. Very large, slow and low in the sky (Thread started last night here closed and told to talk about it on this thread). Anyway, incredible sight. I still can't believe how large and low it was in the sky. There were a lot of helicopter fly overs after it happened (6 in total). Must've been people out trying to get a good shot of it.

The one in Glasgow definitely appeared much lower in the sky than the videos posted. Very unusual and beautiful to see.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MrMothman because: info

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by angelchemuel

Wow!! What a sight! Certainly worth the wait.. TY angel.....

Thank you...looked really impressive on his phone, and he and his friend said his phone capture didn't do it any justice...it was HUGE apparently as others who physically saw it have also reported

Rainbows
Jane

I'll admit I am extremely jealous you guys got to witness such a sight. I have seen meteors during meteor showers, but absolutely nothing resembling what you all seen. I am curious about the sky sounds. I hope someone got that recorded!! TY again. It really was just amazingly beautiful! I would put your sons video on top of my list of a great recording, one of the best I've seen! Keep your eyes to the skies the next few days...who knows??

I didn't see it myself...I was on ATS!

Somebody up in Scotland I think tried to record one that was going on last night.
My son has no time for 'conspiracy' stuff, but he loves his space, weather, science in general, so when he came in a couple of months ago saying he had heard "those internet sky noises" and it left him feeling sick...we were both gobsmacked for different reasons! Then a couple of days later the fish in the park he was in when he heard the noise had been found dead....unexplained. Then like I said yesterday morning, he was off school with a head cold, he came belting downstairs and flung the lounge window open saying " listen, quick"...and yay...there it was...I heard my first 'sky noise'! So now I'm a believer!

Tris (my son) is constantly looking up at the sky at night, so if last nights 'performance' is anything to go by....I hope he gets another 'capture'!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here's what we saw over Hull, UK around 11pm.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I also saw a meteorite at about 11:30 pm. I was with three friends walking through the moors in Somerset when we saw what looked like a bright star going across the sky. Then it broke up into other pieces and went behind a hill.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
on tuesday there was a BIG meteor over germany. i saw it while taking a break at work. around 8.45 in the evening. it was cloudy but this thing flew under the clouds. green-blue and big. it made a strange whistle sound while passing by. a lot of people here in bavaria saw it. but nothing on the news. i researched on the net and all i found was this picture of the object. and a few german blogs that talked about it.

www.blog.de...

there's something going on. when i saw that thing cross the sky i got goosebumbs as did my co worker.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I also saw this! But from Stavanger, Norway. It was going south, south west maybe, as far as I can tell. Me and a friend was out in a dark quiet place doing some graffiti. When I turned around to check for people I saw this big ball of light moving at a wierd speed. At first i though it was a plane going in for landing as there is an airport in the area. But it was moving a little too fast, and was way bigger than the light of a plane. So then I thought maybe helecopter or something, but no did definitely not look like that. Then I was like "this has to be a UFO!", so I screamed for my friend to come see. But suddenly the huge ball broke up into a smaller light ball. With lots of "flames" and # sparkling behind, like fireworks. That was when I knew it was a meteor. So me and my friend followed it as long as we can, running past a few houses to get a last catch of it before it from up a second time. It was a really awesome experience, never seen anything like it, doubt I'll see it again. It was so trippy (maybe cause we just smoked a fatty) because Ive never seen anything of that size move that fast, and break up in front of my eyes.. It was awesome. We were so excited that we stopped doing graffiti just looking up at the stars for a while, maybe catching some more action. But we only saw a couple "normal" shooting stars.

So glad lots of other people saw it too, and made a thread about it! Was about to do the same, but was just too tired..

Edit: Looking at the videos from people in the UK, the meteor is totally broken up. But when I saw it further north, in Norway it was still a huge ball. Kinda cool

edit on 22-9-2012 by martinasdf because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by martinasdf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

wow you went full retard

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
We seen it from Glasgow around 23:00ish, from my perspective it was quite high in the sky and coming from the east. Bright white small tail.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The news said it was "space junk" re-entering the atmosphere

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlGucci
The news said it was "space junk" re-entering the atmosphere

Which news and did they explain where they found this information?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

It was on the BBC news, about an hour ago, they said it wasn't a meteor due to the slow speed, and was most likely space junk...

They didn't provide much evidence for it being space junk except that it's likely due to the ammount up there (very scientific I know lol).

Also want to add - They showed the still image that Phage proved to be from 2009 as well... The fact they did that makes you wonder why.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Reflected because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
According to Sky news, they report that Jodrel Bank say they cannot confirm either way whether it was a meteor or space junk! Well, if they can't confirm...who can??

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The meteors that I see look like a huge flash in the sky and it literally lights up everything and it's so bright for just about 2 seconds or so before it starts to dim. I've never seen the kind that have trails on them, I'm jealous!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

reply to post by Reflected

The one in Glasgow/Paisley was travelling horizontally to the west. I think that is the most unusual thing about it. It was not travelling towards the ground at all.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MrMothman because: edit

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i'm south birmingham and i saw it, i thought it might have been a low flying aircraft doing a bit of speed at first, we get an awful lot of air traffic around here so it;s not uncommon to see that sort of thing

ran round to get a view on it from the front of my house and it gone.

i was a bit baffled by the lack of noise.

glad to see it's (sort of) been explained what it was.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join