It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Over the United Kingdom

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom81

50p bet says it was the ISS or an Iridium flare :-p

actually, if you can give me the time I can check

EDIT: ISS will be passing over you in half an hour (Sat Sep 22/04:15 AM)
edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Hey yeah this was about 5-10 minutes before i posted last so i guess you owe me 50p lol

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

If that was the ISS someone better phone the space fire brigade.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

lmao so what is a iss if you dont mind me asking, also i wanna ask you have you heard them starnge sounds in the sky if not what do you think they are...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Flat trajectory, slow re-entry is usually controlled de-orbit by space agencies so as to bring something down and burn it up in the atmosphere before it reaches the ground. Thats what this looks like.

Heres another...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by angelchemuel

Wow!! What a sight! Certainly worth the wait.. TY angel.....

Thank you...looked really impressive on his phone, and he and his friend said his phone capture didn't do it any justice...it was HUGE apparently as others who physically saw it have also reported

Rainbows
Jane

I'll admit I am extremely jealous you guys got to witness such a sight. I have seen meteors during meteor showers, but absolutely nothing resembling what you all seen. I am curious about the sky sounds. I hope someone got that recorded!! TY again. It really was just amazingly beautiful! I would put your sons video on top of my list of a great recording, one of the best I've seen! Keep your eyes to the skies the next few days...who knows??

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
reply to post by FireballStorm

That looks weird how all the pieces are side by side??

That would be due to the object breaking up fairly gently into similar sized pieces, which after the initial separation diverge relatively slowly away from each other.

As long as they are similar sized, neither will speed up or slow down (in relation to other pieces of similar size) due to having similar momentum/aerodynamic properties. They just move apart from each other (in the case of two matched pieces) gradually over time.

If you look closely though, most pieces are slowing down or speeding up in relation to one another, even if a few do stick side-by-side to one another for a while.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ok..just so I can have a record of this...

Last Saturday night I went to bed. It was not lighting, nor raining. I had my eyes closed for about 10 mins and for some reason I decided to open them and right when I did there was this huge white flash that illuminated my whole bedroom. I thought..wth? I waited for a minute and just listened.

There was no rain hitting the house or window. There was no other flashes, meaning heat lighting, or whatever. Before anyone says it...I know what car lights look like and I also know the sound of cars when they pass my house out in the Countey....do not insult my intelligence. It was not a car. I decided to go outside and check out my surroundings...nothing.

What that huge white flash could have been...I've yet to find its source.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

It wasn't a meteor, if it had illuminated your bedroom, you would had some other indication of it (sonic boom etc)

It could have been lighting, you don't always hear the thunder, and there isn't always rain, it could have been miles away.

edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Isn't this like the third or fourth sighting in the last couple days? I think I saw one on RSOE EDIS yesterday and there have been two posts here for the same region. Scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Very interesting vision you had.

Watch the Clouds.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Ummm, hello, I haven't heard of anyone dying or even being hit by these so can we keep the religion out of this at least for a bit?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Get your camera ready boy's it incoming

NEOs 2012 RK15, 2012 SZ2, 2012 SW2 have just been discovered and are to safely pass less than 10LD from Earth. Be ready and get outside as there will be accompanying debris 2-3 days prior and after their passing on 19SEP2012 and 24SEP2012). Get outside and observe if you can. Allsky camera operators be ready for a capture!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Isn't this like the third or fourth sighting in the last couple days? I think I saw one on RSOE EDIS yesterday and there have been two posts here for the same region.

Yes - I posted a link a while back in this thread.

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Scary stuff.

Why?

Medium sized objects that cause fireballs like last nights usually "burn up" completely in our atmosphere, or on the rare occasions that they don't, they usually break up at relatively high altitude, showering the ground below with relatively small meteorites that generally cause no significant damage.

As mentioned before, events like this are quite common, and pose no real threat to us, apart from the threat of showering us with thousands of small stones that have the potential to fetch £100's per gram (if it turns out to be one of the rarer meteorite types) when sold on ebay.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I saw it too im in Ireland, would of loving to get video but camera on phone is crap..
Plus about 1 hour ago low flying jets flew over my house heading towards Scotland..
I NEVER SAW THIS AT THIS TIME EVER!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Nothing In Indonesia

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
my friend in Germany (near netherlands border) claims that he saw a meteorite, around 11pm

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Has nobody thought about the possibility of a self destructed missile? its a leap, but we could be looking at a cover up in the making. surely someone seen this Thing coming? where is this info?
edit on 22-9-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join