It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims act of kindness while being robbed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
See, this is what im talking about, you read ONE article about ONE group of muslims in ONE incident and now they're all bad? You dont think there is anything flawed about that way of thinking?

Yet one example of one person doing one thing in one incident is supposed to be enough to make us think the opposite?

Interesting.

I think, on balance, the more rational conclusion might be to combine both examples and reason that an assumption cannot be made either way on the basis of religion. Which I think is the point of this topic, unless I'm mistaken of course.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
See, this is what im talking about, you read ONE article about ONE group of muslims in ONE incident and now they're all bad? You dont think there is anything flawed about that way of thinking?

Yet one example of one person doing one thing in one incident is supposed to be enough to make us think the opposite?

Interesting.

I think, on balance, the more rational conclusion might be to combine both examples and reason that an assumption cannot be made either way on the basis of religion. Which I think is the point of this topic, unless I'm mistaken of course.

Peace.

Nope, you're bang on the money!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I don't know why as I try not to be cynical and I may very well be wrong but this whole news piece reeks of propaganda for pro-muslim purposes. I am a far cry from being anti-muslim but I just for some reason can't swallow this story.
edit on 9-23-2012 by Flint2011 because: Can't spell

The story is actually years old if that makes it any easier for you to cut up and digest

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If that is the case then it may be valid for it's time of occurrence but being a source of information in the current could be deemed fodder for propaganda. Thanks for the response and information. The aspect about the man being a Muslim should be of no concern in my view.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011

If that is the case then it may be valid for it's time of occurrence but being a source of information in the current could be deemed fodder for propaganda. Thanks for the response and information. The aspect about the man being a Muslim should be of no concern in my view.

The idea here is to suggest that someone's religion neither makes them bad to the bone or as good as a saint. People are starting to ignorantly paint with a broad brush and it needs to be stopped.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I got the point. But I chimed in on something else that concerned me that was appearing veiled to me. I made my skeptical approach transparent.
Or so I tried anyways.

edit on 9-23-2012 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's good to see acts of kindness like this! Sadly people are ignorant a few extremists can ruin the worlds view on millions and millions of people simply because they share the same faith, and even that isn't true most extremists stretch the truth of their gospel for their own benefit. Hopefully some one somewhere benefited from this. And kudos to the shop owner.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The idea here is to suggest that someone's religion neither makes them bad to the bone or as good as a saint. People are starting to ignorantly paint with a broad brush and it needs to be stopped.

Well then I hope to see you stop liberals who paint conservatives with just as broad strokes. It's funny, I always see liberals going after people who criticize Muslims, or whatever, but never policing their own when they criticize conservatives or Republicans.

I've seen far too many people, including both liberals and conservatives always try to stop the other guy's bigotry and intolerance but never try to stop their own people.

So when I hear stuff like this I just can not take it seriously, and think it's always about shutting the other guy up.

And this is the thing that really puzzles me. I just don't understand why people always have to police the other group and never police their own group and they never hold their own group to the same standards they expect the other guy.

I strongly suspect you just can't see liberals as bigoted and prejudiced themselves so I think you never will put the effort into stopping their bigotry as you are putting into this.

Me, I will always see most liberals just as bigoted against conservatives and other people who aren't liberal as conservatives are about them and other people who just aren't conservative. They're really just the opposites of the coin.

And I wish they can see it and stop it and actually try to learn to live with each other instead of beating their ideologies over everybody's head and trying to force people to conform to their one true way.

A truly tolerant persons learns how to live with each others differences, and doesn't try to force the other person to change theirs.

Yeah me, I'm in my Star Trek mode now.

Now comes the part where I am called a bigot and everybody insults and berates me.

Edit:

Please don't take this as a personal attack against you, it is not meant to be.
edit on 23-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join