It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats place the greatest trust in the mainstream media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think that most people watch mainstream political new stations and listen to popular political pundits just to hear someone else say what they think/feel. Those who actually care about receiving new information tend to turn to alternative sources.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absoluttruth
I think that most people watch mainstream political new stations and listen to popular political pundits just to hear someone else say what they think/feel. Those who actually care about receiving new information tend to turn to alternative sources.

That's a very good point, and what does this say about human nature?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Actually, I find Fox news too Liberal and full of RINOs.

I find that if I wait for it to show up on a forum like this, I get to see WHY people have a problem with the source, with the subject, and some of the misconstrued facts. Some things need a few days worth of filtering.

Also, when the subject is a LOCAL matter, I tend to outright ignore outside opinions. That's why post-Katrina-and-Gulf-Oil-Spill, I was most disappointed with the outright lies, the smudging of truth, the refusal to get the full picture, the not being able to think outside a mainstream culture, ect., that I saw from outside of Louisiana sources. If I had any trust for a news source, those 2 things killed it altogether.
edit on 21-9-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by PvtHudson
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You're posting this on a forum of far left wingers who have no problems with lying, biased media as long as it's working for them. They won't care about this, nor anything else you can produce to show our MSM has become nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat party.

They will however rage over Fox. In their minds, the only bias and spin that can be allowed is THEIR lies and spin.

I don't understand how anyone can take a group of people and assign attributes to them en mass with a straight face..

It's like saying something as silly as "all fat people love bacon" ... I was once fat ( 300lbs, now 180 ), I hated bacon...
I tend to lend liberal and I am a huge fan of truth.. so I take offense at that kind of rhetoric.

These days I'm more centrist in my beliefs.. and actually would have voted republican until my choice dropped out.

Ps. There are quite a few more conservatives here than you think...
edit on 9/21/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

go look at the most recent Fox whining thread. It's full of outrage. Yet, any thread about the rest of the Obama/Democrat lap dog media is met with almost no activity at all.

Also, being anti-far left, anti-liberal and anti-Democrat, doesn't make you a "conservative" . You know that right?
edit on 21-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jimmiec
I wish the media would just give the news. If America falls apart i would not want to be a journalist.

I want to know why the media is so in the tank for Obama, there is a real conspiracy here, IMHO.

That's what is most mind boggling to me. ATS should be flooded with threads about how in the tank our media is. Yet, what you see is threads like this being largely ignored. It's not even hard to pove this conspiracy. just go down the list of MSM/Democrat outrages during the bush admin and how those outrages were reported:

1. Gas prices
2. Unemployment
3. Gitmo
4. Drone strikes
5. Wiretaps
6. The PA
7. Sky rocketing deficits

The list goes on and on. In all these cases, the media blamed Bush, Republicans and raged every night in order to make the public angry. Now, they're silent on all these issues. Even going as far as to claim Obama has nothing to do with these issues.

This is a great comparison here:

How the hell do you explain the GLARING contradiction here?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm the love-child of Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney.

(yes, I'm that conservative
)

Yet I approach all media with a sense of scepticism and am aware of their agendas.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Notice the tumble weeds? That's ATS not caring if media is biased, lying or in the tank for a political party. As long as it's THEIR political party.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Notice the tumble weeds? That's ATS not caring if media is biased, lying or in the tank for a political party. As long as it's THEIR political party.

Okay, I'll play!

B-B-B-B-But it's not biased of MSNBC if they are preaching the truth!

Sorry, was channeling a leftist and it took control of the keyboard.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Media's job is not to INFORM you. It's job is to get people to watch their broadcasts, so that their ratings go up. Then they can charge more for their advertising and make a PROFIT for the CORPORATIONS that OWN them.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
The Media's job is not to INFORM you. It's job is to get people to watch their broadcasts, so that their ratings go up. Then they can charge more for their advertising and make a PROFIT for the CORPORATIONS that OWN them.

I'm sorry but this is bullocks. Go look up these news channel ratings. They're horrible. IF what you said was true, they would all just mimic Fox News. Instead what we see is ideology and partisanship trumping ratings. Prove me wrong. Show me where these outlets are getting good ratings from their left wing bias.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Thanks Hudson,for your input, and yes these sort of threads do ignored,

IF what you said was true, they would all just mimic Fox News. Instead what we see is ideology and partisanship trumping ratings.

Hmmm, I never thought of that, they are willing to crash and burn to get their guy elected, I still want to do a conspiracy thread on this issue.
edit on 043030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Where are all the
democrats?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

It's more likely to make you a liberal who is fed up with the system.

That's the difference between me getting really in-detail critical of Romney and other Rinos, and me merely poking fun at Obama. I have a huge issue with the RINOs that have overrun a party that honestly left me behind in my cradle years.

reply to post by beezzer

They're both too RINO for me. lol

This is how "the blind leading the blind" works: you find the aspects that the person in question agrees with, and you feed them all the fluff of that vein they can stuff down their throats, while they go on about how great and wonderful these things are. When you have them full to the point of regurgitation, then you let them see things that CHALLENGE their assumptions, their newfangled learning, ect. We are creatures of HABIT. When our habit is to think in certain manners, our ability to reason is severely compromised.

One day, when I unearth this little gem of a book, written by a liberal during Bush's era about how people on the Right are having psychology used against them, and have been for several presidents....mind you, he does it to, in his pro-liberal leanings....I'll post some gems from it.

But I believe I have that packed away.

edit on 21-9-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: Forgot a part.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Democrats place the greatest trust in the mainstream media ?
Is that why FOX has the highest viewer rate NEWS, week after week after week ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Funny. It's not only conservatives that watch FOX, any more than it's only liberals that watch any other news source.

Commentary on the earlier study that showed that FOX viewers were most likely to be least informed.

There was problems with the study, of course.

In all odds, the study is only gaining national notoriety because it fits the anti-Fox narrative of most of the media. But does it really? MSNBC received similarly low scores, and their numbers were not oversampled. In fact, if this graph showing knowledge of domestic affairs is to be believed, the people who ended up the most misinformed were conservatives who made the mistake of watching MSNBC. The only people who ended up misinformed after watching Fox, on the other hand, were liberals:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

My liberal in laws have disowned me because they kept telling me if I didn't agree with them not to speak and when I would ask them for facts or proof, they would keep referencing the DNC and MSNBC. These are so called "smart" people with higher degrees.

So because I wouldn't shut up they excommunicated me from the family. No tears I can't stand them anyway!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by miniatus

I Lean left of center for sure, I would vote for a good man regardless of his political affiliation.

With one stipulation.

What's the stipulation?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

A free press is one of the major tenets of democracy.
Without it you many as well pack it in.

This is why news stations often issue corrections when they have got the facts or information wrong.
Most of the legitimate ones do anyway. I can think of a few who do not because they are not interested in anything to do with the truth. They represent the wealthy 1% of the country and the conglomerates they own. They are propaganda machines with an agenda masquerading as new stations. They are there to subdue and knock back the working man, the backbone of this country. They exist to make life harder for him and easier for his boss to control him. That is where the money is - in control. They are not going to give up that gig too quickly. Sly FOX.
edit on 22-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

My liberal in laws have disowned me because they kept telling me if I didn't agree with them not to speak and when I would ask them for facts or proof, they would keep referencing the DNC and MSNBC. These are so called "smart" people with higher degrees.

So because I wouldn't shut up they excommunicated me from the family. No tears I can't stand them anyway!

Where are you getting your news from anyway? Are you infavor of a military State? I think your family is trying to make sure we are not sold out to the Military Industrial Complex or the many Industrial Conglomerates that own this country and threaten to take it over with the help of the GOP.
After that a working man will not have a pot to piss in or a protection he can call his own. The hours will be doubled and the pay will be halved and you will not be able to complain because they OWN YOU.

Liberals pride themselves on Liberty and refuse to be owned or purchased for a price. We value our freedom and your family is just trying to protect yours. Don't go sleeping with the enemy of mankind and friend of WAR.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I think your right but its only because business is the only thing that can be stronger than media.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join