It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Buying The Anti-Muslim Propaganda?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The problem is we are focused way too much on the mainstream media as a source of news, it is that simple. The average person does not care about researching and being critical of media reports and until they do we are at the hands of corruption. We live in a world where we seek fulfilment from instant gratification, who has time to think about stuff for a few seconds let alone do something as boring/pointless as meditation? It is far more convenient to think up a polarized 5 word comment on a report and move onto the next "story". People do not think, they will go with an initial reaction and protect that believe with as much of their self-righteous ego as they can

Propaganda will be found on all sides of the spectrum, it is up to each and every one of us to decide for ourselves how the next generations will look back at us. The masses hold ALL the power, something even those of us on ATS seem to have forgotten. We are in circulation around a body hosting a virus; all it takes is for each cell to decide not to buy into what the virus is selling. In my opinion this is the one thing holding mankind back, we do not spend enough time thinking for ourselves.

Sorry if I went a little off topic with this rant.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
A bunch of Americans hate Muslims....9/11 and the propaganda news sources didn't quite give them a good impression. Some of these Americans go on ATS..

Which is just kind of shameful.....have these people never met a Muslim in real life? I swear half of ATS must live on a farm or they are just terribly sheltered.

edit on 21-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You talk about this this anti-muslim propaganda and people being conditioned. What a joke you are clearly the conditioned one with an agenda to soften the image of the extremely weak, cowardly and disgustingly violent extremist muslims.

You clearly defend weak cowards who get all violent and have hissy fits over this stupid movie. Yes the movie is stupid to the highest order but that does not give someone the right to act violently does it? especially over some fake religion (like many other religions). How can you defend this in any capacity? Read the polls many muslims around the world feel it is OK to use violence if Mohammed is insulted. How do you justify this violence over the last 1500 years?

No matter what you or anybody say Islam is a disgusting and perverted form of religion as evidenced below

en.wikipedia.org...:Islam/Selected_quote/25

And yes the Ayatollah knows much much more about Islam than you ever could .......... Islam a religion of peace hahaha.

What sort of person does this make you to defend animals like this? Answer if you are not too scared

edit on 21-9-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We here, have removed Christianity as any political entity a long time ago. The muslims, and the Jews, need to do the same.

Religious fanatics, wether Christian, Muslim or Jewish, are not to be honored. Their desire, to silence objections, is not to be taken into account. Anymore than we take into account, the feelings of a republican senator, who is being mocked in every newspaper. Our modern religion is politics, the older "backwater" religions, either follow up and grow up ... or disappear ... that is the only choice, they should be given.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This site is all about hating muslims and loving christians.

( I'm White muslim and i'm proud of it )

edit on 21-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

You talk about this this anti-muslim propaganda and people being conditioned. What a joke you are clearly the conditioned one with an agenda to soften the image of the extremely weak, cowardly and disgustingly violent extremist muslims.

You clearly defend weak cowards who get all violent and have hissy fits over this stupid movie. Yes the movie is stupid to the highest order but that does not give someone the right to act violently does it? especially over some fake religion (like many other religions). How can you defend this in any capacity? Read the polls many muslims around the world feel it is OK to use violence if Mohammed is insulted. How do you justify this violence over the last 1500 years?

No matter what you or anybody say Islam is a disgusting and perverted form of religion as evidenced below

en.wikipedia.org...:Islam/Selected_quote/25

And yes the Ayatollah knows much much more about Islam than you ever could .......... Islam a religion of peace hahaha.

What sort of person does this make you to defend animals like this? Answer if you are not too scared

Which post of mine has given you that impression about me?

And believe me, I am not scared of you one little bit. If I were "defending" Islamic extremists (which I am NOT) then I wouldn't be scared of saying that to your face either, let alone on a forum!

I have not made any statement suggesting that these protests are right, that it not what this thread is about. The fact that you seem to believe this is a perfect example of my point in the original post. You have a misguided opinion of me because you see the word Muslim and I'm not automatically attacking all Muslims - therefore I must be defending them and I'm an enemy too?

I'm sick of saying this over and over, please read the first post, stop, think about what I have said in that post, and then respond to the debate!

I've had a couple of messages from others who see that most of the responses here are completely missing, or ignoring, the point. I am not alone in this view. The level or comprehension on ATS has sunk so dramatically that plenty of members here cannot read a post and actually understand what the debate is.

I'll say it one more time, maybe this will sink in, perhaps I can word it differently so that everyone can actually answer to the debate and not get into the whole "Muslims want to destroy us all" stupidity!

Please, pay attention here, because I'm not going to try to make it any clearer for people... if you still don't get it, please go to any one of the other Muslim bashing threads.

This is NOT (I repeat NOT) about whether protesters are right or wrong. This is NOT about your beliefs and opinions when it comes to Islam. This is NOT about whether you think the printing of the cartoons is right or wrong. This is NOT about a minority of extremists, or how you believe that it's the majority of Muslims (despite there being zero evidence to back up that claim).

This is about the internal battle likely to start between the right wing and a religious minority, and how public support is changing to become more extremist AGAINST that group. You can remove Islam from this equation entirely, it is NOT about Islam.

Once again, this is about how the public are being swayed into believing that these protests represent the entire Muslim population of THEIR country. We can see it happening right here on ATS. People are calling for blood, attacking an entire group based on the actions of a minority.

We have always had debates on religion here, but they have never been this black and white. They have never been so full of propaganda and venom. That is the discussion, it's about whether you are seeing this in your country, and whether you are starting to view an entire group of people as "enemies within" because of this minority.

The group could be any group, it doesn't matter. We are discussing the likely problems of a nation turning against a minority group, just as the Germans turned against their minorities too.

Now do we understand it?

Thank you to those who have actually read and understood the point of this thread and haven't sunk into the mire of "Muslims are all evil, and you agree with them!!!!!111111oneoneone"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Take a look at the following, and tell me whether you think these quotes are from Nazis about their enemies, or people today, in our countries, speaking about all Muslim people...

Your post is so lame. In all posts quoted, you have removed entire words and in some even phrases to fit those in your idea. Is not how is done. Changing the meaning of a post by changing the contain makes you an hypocrite and a liar. Shame

edit on 21-9-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I refuse to buy into the anti-Muslim hype because it is irrational to me.

It sickens me to see people egging it on in the media, etc. They are stirring up trouble over nothing and I refuse to support their hateful efforts.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'll say it one more time, maybe this will sink in, perhaps I can word it differently so that everyone can actually answer to the debate and not get into the whole "Muslims want to destroy us all" stupidity!

It isn't Muslims who want to destroy America, but the people who do also want to destroy the Muslims. Thing is, the real destroyers are getting enough help from both Americans and Muslims that they can sit in their ivory towers and watch the show while we destroy each other. Pitiful.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think an important distinction needs to be made. Anti-Muslim thought in any form is bogus. Muslims are people, and the vast, vast, majority of them are people like everyone are people. Intelligent, nice, dumb and mean in the same proportion of everyone else.

Now, anti-Islam thought holds a bit more water. Personally, I don't buy into it. I think the broad philosophy of Islam is generally good and most criticism nitpicks into some Sharia issues that if taken in the context of the modern world can be easily overlooked by the modern Muslim. If a person is religious minded, a believer in God, and a seeker of like minded community, Islam should be perfectly acceptable.

But for emphasis I'll repeat. Anti-Muslim thought is different than anti-Islam. People shouldn't be disrespected as they are commonly. It's okay to point out certain aspects of scripture but if the Muslim says no, I don't hunt down infidels and see my wife as inferior then it's game set match. No issue. Which is the common case.

Same goes for a distinction between having issue with the Bible against having issue with the Christian practicer. Interpretation and action by the people themselves far outweigh scripture when evaluating a belief system.
edit on 9/21/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I proudly admit it,two of the ops quotes were mine!The second one & the fourth one.Why not quote the whole posts instead of select tit bits?
The Neo liberal agenda amuses me so much.It seems like the op is in denial,if you should compare anyone to nazis (that old chestnut)it should be Islam.
You do realise op that if there is a war with Muslim invaders,the nice liberal pacifists like yourself will be first on their hit list?
Personally I don't tolerate fools lightly but can I ask why are liberal types like yourself intolerant of the intolerant indigenous people yet give a cart blanche to Muslims?Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
THE MUSLIMS ARE *NOT* HAPPY!

They're not happy in Gaza ..
They're not happy in Egypt ..
They're not happy in Libya ..
They're not happy in Morocco ..
They're not happy in Iran ..
They're not happy in Iraq ..
They're not happy in Yemen ..
They're not happy in Afghanistan ..
They're not happy in Pakistan ..
They're not happy in Syria ..
They're not happy in Lebanon ..

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They're happy in Australia .
They're happy in Canada .
They're happy in England ..
They're happy in France ..
They're happy in Italy ..
They're happy in Germany ..
They're happy in Sweden ..
*They're happy in the USA .. *
They're happy in Norway ..
They're happy in Holland .
They're happy in Denmark .

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim
and unhappy in every country that is!

*AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?*
Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.

*THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! *
*AND THEN; THEY WANT TO CHANGE THOSE COUNTRIES TO BE LIKE *
*THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY*!

Excuse me but I can't help wondering...
How damn dumb can you get?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Did the op give you an edited mention too?Brilliant and he spouts about propaganda!
We have the right to hate who we want,if that yanks the ops chain then good.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Congratulations! That must have been one hell of a thorough survey you took.
Personally I've been to three of the "Muslim" countries you mentioned plus Algeria which your survey overlooked and the majority of the people there were all extremely happy, (until foreign intervention in Libya).
I've also been to several of the non Muslim countries you mentioned and the native people there were mostly miserable bastards. We must have different survey techniques.
edit on 21-9-2012 by abdel because: I thought "techniques" sounded better.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah he did. I don't mind him quoting me, I posted for all to see and read. But I don't understand why cutting short the comment by changing thus the content...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shuar911
This site is all about hating muslims and loving christians.

( I'm White muslim and i'm proud of it )

edit on 21-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

LOL that's funny do a search on the anti Christian topics on this forum.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

*THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! *
*AND THEN; THEY WANT TO CHANGE THOSE COUNTRIES TO BE LIKE *
*THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY*!

Excuse me but I can't help wondering...
How damn dumb can you get?

Damn at the point to riot, burn, murder and kill over some stupid cartoons and a lame cheap (not even) a B rate movie. Any more surprises there?
edit on 21-9-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Hopefully he'll man up and change his quotes to the full unedited versions.I'd be perfectly happy for my user name to be there too.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I laugh at people that quotes MSM news, brain dead morons.. they get manipulated and pour money into government "protecting" them from the "bogey man".

Its hard to tell how it is exactly like it in Iraq or Iran without actually being there... i absolutely bet that half of the population things there is a burning car and blown up tires on the road of Iran and the middle east and a 24/7 protest involving burning flags and yelling......... grow up sheeps!

I'm not denying the bad apples in Islam, and since Islam population is high, so does the ratio of the bad apples proportion to that.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
THE REAL QUESTION IS,

WHY ARE WE SUPPRESSING HISTORY?

youtu.be...

I know why, do you?

www.politicalislam.com...
edit on 103030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join