It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Are you afraid yet? Are you beginning to question it all yet? Good.

Afraid? hell no.

With world events unfolding faster than we can keep track of good denizens of ATS, I implore you... question everything. Question it all. And look to see if anybody is yanking at your heart strings, your values, your ego your sense of security, or your emotions. If so? Refuse to be manipulated! Fight the good fight.

Just like you, I am going to warn you that I am going to manipulate you. But unlike you, I am not a good salesman. I am a bad salesman ... the worst ever. Because, unlike you ... I have no intention of interpreting anything. I am good at what I do too. Which is to play devil's advocate. My purpose is not to tell you what to do, but to show you the truth ... the nake truth. I will take the glory of illusion, and remove it away from your eyes, so that you see the naked truth ... in the white of the eye.

It will make you angry at me. Even make you hate me ... call me a devil himself. But my only purpose is to rob you of your innocense. Rob you of the inosence of claiming you didn't know, and they all lied to you. You will disagree to everything I say ... but what I say, will linger in your brain in the smoul portions of it ... known as the shred of doubt.

All these pictures you've shown. I'll show you again and when I do, I will ask you if you are sure Assange is a victim of America. I have no stake in the game. I don't like Assange, neither do I hate him. I do not like the US, neither do I hate it. I do not like the Chinese, neither do I hate them. I do not like the Arabas, neither do I hate them. What I do hate, is people who turn a blind eye to events of fascistic nature. I don't hate fascists, nor do I hate nazists. I do not hate capitalists, or communists. I hate the act of inosence in the people who give them power, who turn their blind eye to the benevolent nature of these governments. I hate the blindness, that allows people to turn their blind eye to facts. To claim inosence, from understanding that benevlent individuals will always seek themselves into politics. That benevolent individuals will always seek into the position of a cop, of a soldier. Because these are the only positions their benevolent nature, can manifest.

So I'll show you the picture of Assange. And I'll ask you, are you sure he isn't an Agent of the US. That the US game of playing cat and mouse with him, is just a play to give him the odds in his favor. Without the US wanting him, He wouldn't be going to south America, to the heart of the countries where "drugs" are the major export goods. Are you sure he isn't an agent, using his position to get into the heart of where he can get information to aid the US. Are you sure his leakage of information against the US, wasn't really to help the US, to patch up any leakage the US might have in it's intelligence services. Are you sure the information he showing to the public ... are really of any "real damaging" nature to the US, and isn't a smoke screen?

Then I'll show you a picture of a filthy cat, biting the head of a mouse. Another of your neighbours pretty cat, peeing in your childrens sandbox. And then another, of your children taking that sand, from the sandbox and putting it to their mouth. Then I'll show you another picture, of african children beating a dog for fun.

These are just a few of the pictures, that I'll show you. Because I am mean ... I am the Devil's Advocate, and I hate hipocrits who hide behind false inosence and give powers to fascist and murderers. I hate hippocrits, who take guns to the streets, and murder women and children, and then blame it on Hitler, Ghaddaffi, Saddam, Stalin or Bush.

I'll rob you of that hippocracy, of that false innosence ... and let you see, the true filthy nature, you are made off. Let you see, that the people of the earth are just as evil as they always have been. The PEOPLE are the ones, taking weapons in their hands. The PEOPLE are the ones, murdering women and children. The PEOPLE are the one, pulling the trigger ... young and old. And then the same PEOPLE, crucify their leaders, as a sacrifice of their own crimes.

I am Lucifer, I bring light to the corners where you have hidden your conscience.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
double post..
edit on 21-9-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

First of all not everybody is as easy to manipulate as you think and second posting an opinion about a thread about manipulation means the poster has an opinion on the topic.

My opinion in this case is that I dont really care...

People have been trying to manipulate other people since the dawn of consciousness, I myself am in sales so I know the tricks all too well. If this is what you need to get your thrills good luck to you.

Im confident in myself and my ability to discern manipulation so I have nothing to fear from you or anybody else for that matter. It just means I get to enjoy watching people waste time trying to manipulate me.
edit on 21-9-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hey Heff I'm hungry,was that your doing?

Nice read, cheers. A little bored now.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
"You can fool some people sometimes. But you can't fool all the people all the time." I take this quote from Bob Marley as an Axiom. Plus Its getting harder to manipulate nowadays isn't it. The accumulated effect is working against you, welcome to the end. Yeah I guess all that is left is to make people paranoid and distrust everything but when that ends what is next? I hope your skill set comes in handy in the future, in my opinion it won't bring you peace of mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

I have no desire, at all, to fear monger or to make people distrust everything. I just am learning to question what I see - no matter how convincing it is and to take it all with a grain of salt. An example. If GW Bush would have gone on TV on September 2, 2001 and said "We're launching nukes" sadly most of America would have cheered and been filled with pride.

Now world events are such that this sort of mass hysteria is possible once again. My hope is that we've all grown enough to stop and think before we join in on the chorus - no matter how emotionally tempted we are to do so.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Now, if a slightly “off” guy on the Interent can be this frank about it, and still accomplish it, imagine how insidious, dangerous, and prevalent these practices are when governments and corporations invest untold sums of money in figuring out how to trick your emotions into overpowering your reason.

Are you afraid yet? Are you beginning to question it all yet? Good.

Take one

I have no desire, at all, to fear monger or to make people distrust everything. I just am learning to question what I see - no matter how convincing it is and to take it all with a grain of salt. An example.
~Heff

Slight of hand, take two.
Unless you plan to destroy history, its become an epidemic. People are mistrusting and not so much each other, like some would wish for such a distraction, but of government, money system and ideological systems. All are deathly ill at the moment

edit on 21-9-2012 by Emeraldous because: had a problem with text

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I read the OP and it's basically long paragraphs of words which say nothing

So, in your head you think you've been manipulating people? GOOD JOB HIGH 5 BRO

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

ETA: Truthfully if I wanted attention I'd just film venus or an airplane from my back deck, post it as an "OMG A UFO" thread - and then spend the next four weeks ad homing all of the folks who tried to tell me what it actually was - and collect about 400 flags in the process.

That's gotta be one of the funniest quotes I've read in a while !!

I gotta give it to you Heff, you know how to handle flak ! Strange, isn't it, how some people react to a truthful concept?

While your thread conveys the very ideology of the motto "Deny Ignorance", there are heaps that jump to personal conclusions that you are this and you are that and that this thread is a waste. Amazing !

This thread has turned out to be an excellent psychological trap. Truth hurts.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Dissemination of information ≠ fear mongering.

If I saw smoke pouring from a home and knocked on the door to inform the residents of the house would that be fear mongering?

Would they likely say things like "How dare you, you pretentious SOB! We have smoke detectors!"

Would they seek to insult by calling me a bore, shill, simpleton, provocateur, etc?

I doubt any of the above would apply. As it happens, this is the internet and all of the above does apply.

My threads, for the most part, are nothing more than my expression of the trends I see. Now if people wish to call me crazy, misinformed, or misguided - those things I can then debate and begin to qualify with external sources. But terms like fear monger? Well one cannot effectively argue opinion as the only counter argument is alternative opinion - equally as valid or invalid as any and all other opinion.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Doesn't this mean you broke the terms and conditions:

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate

Therefore, Hefficide should ban himself? Wouldn't that cause a tear in the space-time continuum because it's like dividing by zero?
edit on 21/9/12 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Internet Explorer

Actually it had pretty pictures too, so give me props for that as well!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

you are manipulating/pushing people to think, to step outside of their nature of taking sides on whichever issue they choose to represent or portray in this online community.

"It is the sign of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -
Ἀριστοτέλης"

of course this is my opinion, your thread is so brilliant that you can ask 100 different persons and get 100 different replies.

maybe that's the idea

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Wow c0bzz long time no see!

And you are correct - except the T&C quote you cited doesn't list manipulation, or discussions of it, as a violation!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

But terms like fear monger? Well one cannot effectively argue opinion as the only counter argument is alternative opinion - equally as valid or invalid as any and all other opinion.

~Heff

Let me know when they come up with a litmus test on fear mongering, I'm just "beating you to death with your own shoes"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous

Let me know when they come up with a litmus test on fear mongering, I'm just "beating you to death with your own shoes"

And please let me know when that quote can be formed into a question which can be replied to substantively and we'll be getting somewhere!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous

And please let me know when that quote can be formed into a question which can be replied to substantively and we'll be getting somewhere!

~Heff

Why would I ask you a question, you are just going to give me your opinion...

Well one cannot effectively argue opinion as the only counter argument is alternative opinion - equally as valid or invalid as any and all other opinion.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This seems like a very appropriate place to add this link to an overview of psychological manipulation.

Also to these links as well:

Crowd Manipulation
Discrediting Tactic
List of fallacies
Shaming
Smear campaign
Sophistry
Disinformation tactics

Many on ATS are very familiar with these concepts, as well as with the Helegian Dialect. But watching it all unfold is still infinitely entertaining to me.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nothing brings me more joy than to read the countless posts in this thread by people who don't "Get It". Heff has done an outstanding job proving his point in this thread, and still many are clueless. The most entertaining posts are the ones that try to discredit Heff by inferring that they cannot be manipulated. When in actuality, their post was a product of Heff's manipulation. Without this thread, you never would have posted a thing. He invoked a response, no matter how meaningless some may be.

Heff,
Keep calm, chive on.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Very interesting, OP. I have to say I'm a manipulator myself, although I probrably don't have the experience you have. I'm 19.

It's like a superpower, honestly. You combine the skill of talking, sympathizing, or planning your way in or out of any situation with the ability to... steal, perhaps? You have an excellent thief. Party planner? You have someone who can get inside your head and understand exactly what you want for your party, why you want it, and where you're coming from. Psychiatrist? You have one scary mother f***er, and your mind is at their mercy, in their hands, waiting to be molded like clay.

IF you're a genuinely open person, that is.

But, speaking from one manipulator to another, I have to ask something I've been curious about for a few years.

There are people in the world, myself included, who have suffered a great deal of emotional trauma early on in life, too much for them to handle... so, early on, they develop an "on-and-off" switch. They develop the ability to, literally, turn their emotions off at will. Be apathetic. In such a mindset, a mindset which I'm guilty of submitting to pretty often, you can look at anything, pictures of Hitler, starving children, and cute little kittens, and not give the slightest damn. In this apathetic state, you have to be consciously be thinking, "I'm supposed to have an emotional reaction right now," and you have to force yourself to feel anything.

These people, and I speak from experience as one of them, can see almost any situation objectively, weather the situation directly involves them and ruins their life, or weather it involves the starvation of thousands of Africans. People like me don't have to care.

It's not healthy, I know, and I should probrably do everything possible to lose this apathy switch, but it was burned into me from an early age, and it's gotten me through hell. I suppose my question is this; how do you manipulate someone with an apathy switch?

Someone who literally doesn't care enough to respond? Or, someone like me, who can counter someone's manipulation with my own manipulative style, using the apathy switch as a consciousness sedative while I do so?

It may be my ego speaking, I don't know, but I don't believe I can be manipulated... not by anyone who wasn't a genius, at least. I truly believe it to be one of my gifted skills.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join