It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate that song "We Are Young" by Fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Ok, I'm at the point now where I throw up a little bit in my mouth every time I hear that song on the radio... which, by the way, is about 5 freaking billion times a day!!!!!!!!!!!! What the $#*%!? I can't stand it anymore! Do that many people like that song for it to be played that much!?!?!? I didn't really care for the song the first time I heard it, but now that I have heard it a gazillion times I absolutely hate it's guts and if the song was a person I would want to punch it right in the face and then do a fantastic roundhouse kick to the forehead.

"So let's set the world on fire".......... NO, let's set every single radio station who plays that song on fire so we never have to hear that annoying song ever again. Thank you and good night.

For those who haven't heard the song, here it is........ geez, I can't believe I'm even posting the video for it....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would sing this song to my cat.

Instead of "we are young," I would say "we are kitty."

I love my cats, but hate this song.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Agreed,brain mush for the masses.
Just thinking could be be worse like 'cap in your ass' rap music.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I totally agree. It has to be one of the worst songs. And all radio does is take 10 songs and play them over and over again till you want to put your own head through the windshield.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm not sure why one would want to burn the earth because they are youthful? Who wants to burn brighter than the suuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnwoawoawooowwoo? It would be so hard to see anything, let alone write crap music.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

The best response to songs like this is to not listen to the radio stations that play them. Pretty much everything I listen to now is in the form of mp3's and streams.
edit on 20-9-2012 by maus80 because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If you cant stand the 'fiiiiire', get out of the kitchen.
'Fun' is not exactly my type o music, but it's better than most :
"I wanna party and bull#" (my maltese could write better lyrics)
"Snapbbacks and tattoo's" (the same mut could write a better beat track)
need I say more.

I have to listen to radio at work everyday, my poor metal mind melts away...
the saddest part about radio is that the DJ's don't even dig most of the # they have to play.
radio is not immune to the media control, they're all associated with government controlled corps... the internet, our last bastion of free thought, is the most 'free' in the world of media (depending on what country you're from, I suppose)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I had never heard this song before, but I swear it was like a mash up of a bunch of different songs from the 80's. I could hear several different songs I recognized in that one song

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This song is the bane of my existence. I have to listen to the hip hop station at work because that's what my co workers listen to.Good grief if they don't play the exact same songs every hour. Even my headphones can't block out the sun. And I have them on full blast playing some tasty metal/hard rock. The good stuff.

Oh we'll, just comes to show that it really takes no talent to write "music" any more. Sad state of the artist now adays.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Kind of a first world problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan001

Good for you, I like singing bad songs to my cats to annoy them too> I usually go with Bonnie Tyler Total eclipse of the heart
edit on 20-9-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I like the phrase "we are hung" myself.

Has a nice ring to it.

edit on 20-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'll be honest: I dislike most songs on the top 40 nowadays. I actually consider this one to be one of the lesser evils. It doesn't have the "4-on-the-floor" beat like every other song. It's not about wanting to sleep with some girl he just met at a club, like every other song. I don't even think he says "sexy" at any point, like every... well, you get the point.

That said, if I listened to the radio on a regular basis (I only hear it when my wife has it on), I'd probably be pretty sick of it, too.

Btw, I also sing to my cats. I sing a version of "Roxanne" by The Police to my kitty, Moxie. "Maaaahxaae! You don't have to scratch up the couch tonight!"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
Btw, I also sing to my cats. I sing a version of "Roxanne" by The Police to my kitty, Moxie. "Maaaahxaae! You don't have to scratch up the couch tonight!"

I guess Moxie doesn't care if it's wrong or if it's right to scratch up the couch...

I guess the thing that I hate the most about that Fun song is how repetitive it is...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It sounds boring and rather disjointed. Well, the first minute did. I quit listening after that.
Now, when it comes to radio songs, there's none that make me want to put an icepick through my forehead more than "YMCA" and that one love (?) song that contains the lyrics, "higher than a mountain, deeper than a valley"... I don't remember the name.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by Dan001

Good for you, I like singing bad songs to my cats to annoy them too> I usually go with Bonnie Tyler Total eclipse of the heart
edit on 20-9-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Tell the truth, dave. It's because you look like Bonnie Tyler. You also sound like her after you've had a few pints (before that you sound more like Madonna during her Dick Tracy phase). And to tell the entire truth, those are the only lyrics you know.

Cat's out of the bag now.

P.s. At least I didn't tell them you dress up like her in the video. Now that *would* have been embarrassing!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He kinda sounds like Queen if you ask me..

top topics

join