It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move over Nessie, now it's Nesski

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A Siberian Loch Ness monster?

Don't worry about what lurks beneath the cold waters of the famous Socttish loch.

Now the question is does 'Nesski' exist?

Russian academics want a scientific probe into claims of a Siberian Loch Ness monster in Lake Labynkyr, one of the world's most remote lakes.

Researchers using underwater scanners claimed to have discovered evidence of 'Nesski' - a beast measuring up to 10m - in Lake Labynkyr, says a new report.

The Siberian Times reports that a picture claims to show the monster, reports of which date back to the 19th century.

Associate Professor Lyudmila Emeliyanova, of Moscow State University, told The Siberian Times that she recorded "several seriously big underwater objects" with sonar readings.

Images have also emerged from a 2006 scientific trip of an object about 6.5m long. (But not linked?)

Dr Emeliyanova said: "It was our fourth or fifth day at the lake when our echo sounding device registered a huge object in the water under our boat.

"It was clearly alive and too large to be one of the dozen or so known fish species in the lake.

"The object was very dense, of homogeneous structure, surely not a fish nor a shoal of fish, and it was above the bottom.

"I was very surprised but not scared nor shocked, after all we did not see this animal, we only registered a strange object in the water. But I can clearly say - at the moment, as a scientist, I cannot offer you any explanation of what this object might be.

Dr Emeliyanova said that fishermen in a 10m boat encountered something on the lake that made their boat rise as if it was being pushed from underneath.

"It was a heavy boat, only a huge and strong animal can do such a thing. The fishermen were stuck by fear. They did not see anything, no head, no jaws," she told the Siberian Times.

A 1953 sighting of a 'monster' in neighbouring Lake Vorota by Soviet geologist Viktor Tverdokhlebov was initially covered up by the Soviet authorities, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

Dr Emeliyanova theorises that the lakes could be linked.
au.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Meh, it's only a 3rd the length of the real Nessy

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i wonder if it might possibly be a gigantic sturgeon?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Could be a baby? Mummy's lurking?

link   
I see they already have a pretty convincing photograph of it

Linky
It seems to share Nessies predilection for camera shyness too

link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Totally possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Really? Is that it? That looks like some dude taking a swim?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I see they already have a pretty convincing photograph of it

Linky
It seems to share Nessies predilection for camera shyness too

That's the real deal right there. Not a travelling circus bathing their elephants in sight..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm trying to find a link to this Russian creature that was reported in the Scottish Sun Today...
it said scientists had found a skull and some bones on the bottom of the lake and filmed them, but i cant find anything even in the Sun Online...Anyone got any ideas..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
God, how I wish someone with come up with a good, clear, close up video of one of these lake critters!

Geez, the Japanese have finally caught a giant squid on camera, IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN!

We just need someone in the right place at the right time. Preferably not a scuba diving videographer where the video is of a wide open mouth coming right at the diver.

That would suck...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
God, how I wish someone with come up with a good, clear, close up video of one of these lake critters!

Geez, the Japanese have finally caught a giant squid on camera, IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN!

We just need someone in the right place at the right time. Preferably not a scuba diving videographer where the video is of a wide open mouth coming right at the diver.

That would suck...

It's kinda hard find people with balls to swim in a lake said to be inhabited by a man-eating-whale-like monster. If people used cameras in their hands every time, there would be way more photograph evidence of those animals. Scientists are too lazy. You can't send just one expedition. You must send a lot. Because of that, animals like The Saola were almost extinct.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Yeah, I hear you. Very good point. I certainly would not want to go scuba diving in Lake Titicaca after reading eyewitness accounts of the beast that swims in that lake.

Also, after seeing pictures of the lake monster in Lake Raystown, located in Huntington County in Pennsylvania. That is one seriously large creature. There is no way I'd want to dive in that lake.
Check out this list of lake monsters:

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like there is no shortage of this particular brand of unknown animal. I'd really love for these cryptids to be scientifically recognized with proof positive evidence. What a day that would be!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Isn't that just the intro to Monty Pythons Flying Circus?

top topics

join