It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is in my picture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I took this picture in June of 2003 at a sports car race at the local airport. The badly focused picture is of a mustang and has bothered me since I took it. Above and in front of the car there is a white orb with a black trail coming from it. I have 89 pictures from that night and there is nothing else like it in any of the other pictures. Because of the race all air traffic on that side of the airport was stopped on the ground and in the sky for any low attitude aircraft it was definently not an airplane the only plane in the area was the state police medivac sitting in front of it's hanger. The fence in the picture is lit by my flash and the rest of the area was lit by portable light towers. The small light above the mountain is a cell phone tower and the yellow strip behind the fence is a ground marker. If anybody wants I can send you the full sized original picture. Maby just a bird flying in front of the light?

[edit on 15-10-2004 by csx700]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Interesting, but I do not think its a paranormal issue, more of a UFO? So, I am going to move this thread to UFo's and see if you can get some answers there.

FredT

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
well, if you didn't actually see it, then i can only think of two explanations

1. poorly photoshopped

2. film defect scratch on the film. Happens all the time

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It could have been a malfunction with the camera (its a digital) The thing that always made me believe that it wasn't actually there is how well it is illuminated. It for sure is not photo shopped or maybe I drew it on there when first looking at it a didn't realize it. You could tell me it was the camera or tell me the grays wanted to know how we got 930 horse power out of the panoz V8 either way I will be happy knowing what it is. since I don't know what it is I thought it would be best to post it and let you guys say if it is something or debunk it.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You say the original is larger. If you don't mind me asking when did you resize the one you posted and what program did you use to do it?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I reduced it's size by %50 (so the file size wasn't to large to upload) using photoshop elements a few minutes before uploading and posting it on here.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think it's a bug that was close to your camera when you tool the picture. I think this due to 2 facts.

- You used a flash. The fence is lit up as it is close, distant objects are darker. The object in your pic is very bright, so probably close to flash.

- The object is in focus. it looks like you used autofocus and it focused on the fence...which is sharp. The object is sharp to, so this again indicates it is close.

Once you realize the object is close, it must be quite small, so I figure a bug.

Although I won't rule out the scratch thought.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It does look like exhaust or smoke is coming out of the left side of the object.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is the info I am able to pull out of the image:

Camera: Cybershot
Date: 05-30-2003
F-Stop: f/2.5
Max Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 9.3mm
Flash: Yes

The info on the program he used is accurate (Photoshop Elements 2.0) as well as the date he took the photo and the date he altered it in Elements.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.imageshack.us...

Upload the highres one here.
It'll make it easier for any of us to pull small details out!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here is the original. If there is a rule about the size of pictures posted in a thread please let me know and I will link to it outside of the thread.

img99.exs.cx...

(added by pantha)I took the liberty as you were off line to change the image to a link as it was too big for the thread

[edit on 16-10-2004 by pantha]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I can't tell what it is and whether if it's paranormal or not, but it could simply be that someone standing nearby tossed a match or something just before you took the picture. Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by csx700
If there is a rule about the size of pictures posted in a thread please let me know and I will link to it outside of the thread.

The basic rule is if the image deforms the threads format it's too big. Please do as you say and link to the image outside this forum. Thanks bud...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Could be fireworks of some kind. Reminds me of a bottle-rocket.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Its probably a moth or something like that.

When a camera takes a picture with the flash on, first it focus the image, if it is in autofocus, then it opens the shutter and then it shoots the flash.

If anything is in front of the camera while focusing, then the camera will get the distance of that object and uses that distance to do the focusing.
When the camera opens the shutter and before the shooting of the flash, the image is being captured, so if anything moves before the shooting of the flash, that thing will appear on the photo but without the light of the flash and blurred by the movement.
When the light from the flash illuminates the scene, all things close enough to the flash will get its light, and appear well illuminated in the final photo, and they do not appear blurred.

In you picture everything is out of focus, except the bright object. If the object was far and focused, then the light from the antenna and the horizon will be on focus, so I think this was something between the camera and the fence.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
its earth man made mabye a hang glider you can see the exaust smoking behind it

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If it is an actual object in the scene, its definetly something small VERY close to the camera, probably closer than the fence.

So my guess is a bug.

The little trail of "smoke" can be just about anything in conjuction with the capture... We already know how nicely the flying insects can form the mystical "flying rods".

If its a UFO, this has to be the first inversed focus UFO image I have ever seen

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Edit: Hungover, didn't read everything first

Thanks

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Kellter]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Its one of them hand gliders, we had someone post something similar than the one you have posted but it was much closer than the one you have posted.

Here is his picture...

This is an ats thread discussing what you have seen....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its called sky sailing see...

www.skysailing.com...

Looks the same huh.

Sorry to dissapoint you i got excited when i first saw these types of images but its 99% a handglider.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Sorry to dissapoint you i got excited when i first saw these types of images but its 99% a handglider.

Then there is still 1% chance its something else, which I think most here believe.

A hangglider doesnt add up with the focus. It would be completely blurred.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join