It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Death Row Inmate says he is too fat to execute

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is discrimination!

Even fat people on Death row deserve a chance at fulfilling their sentence.....

ummmm. wait...

Never mind.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Boo Hoooh! Poor Mr. Murderer doesn't want to feel any pain.

What about her children's pain?!?!

What about the 'FAT' tax dollars 'IT'S ' cost the public so far?!?!?

edit on 19-9-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer 69 I love it.

You make a great point, whether you meant to or not. SO many times people scream discrimination, so how is it NOT discrimination to NOT send him to the death chamber. I mean, isnt it technically discrimination to the other 143 men on death row in the state of Ohio who will be put to death because they are NOT fat?

Our judicial system is so seriously flawed.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As a medical professional I am aware that there is a simple solution to this and they know it.
It is called a "cut down". When you have someone that has used up their veins to the point that they cannot be easily accessed, a cut down of a vein can be done under a local to reveal the vein and provide entry. It is relatively painless. Only a Dr can preform it..well some RNs have been trained for these procedures.

Never the less it may throw tptb to the point that they are stumped. Even though veins are easily revealed.
They often do this procedure in people that require dialysis since their veins are not easily accessed and in very poor condition.
They can do the same easily with this guy. Indeed. He is very afraid to die. It is in his words.
I wonder if he thought of the person he was preparing to kill? were they afraid? He didn't care about them then did he? Simply reveal the vein ahead of time under a local and get that needle in.
I have taken care of some very obese patients. I am pretty good with IVs and generally had pretty good luck finding veins. But Obese folks present a very special challenge. They do sometimes require special intervention to get into veins. It can be done.....they know it can...I will follow this story to see what comes of it.
Good thread...S/F

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
too fat for hanging (or defacto beheading)....so Shoot Him then.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this whole thread reminds me of the Simosons episode where Homer gets fat to go on disability and thus be 'accommodated" by allowing him to work at home.

Once again, life imitates cartoons,

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Put him on this seasons "Biggest Loser" - MAKE him win, then execute him.

I should work for a TV network. This stuff is just too easy.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Big boned, not fat!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Don't the prisoners get an automatic reprieve if they survive the execution with a clean slate? Heck, if I was him, I'd be going for it. But, if he does die, then his statement would be deemed false and therefor fat can be executed just like skinny people.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
I'm sorry, but this whole thread reminds me of the Simosons episode where Homer gets fat to go on disability and thus be 'accommodated" by allowing him to work at home.

Once again, life imitates cartoons,

Go figure.

Best episode of the simpsons ever!! Where's the any key?!?!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by nightstalker78

Who is paying for his defense? If he has a public offender, are taxes paying for his defense? If so this is ludricrous and an injustice to everyone else but him.

I don't know much about this particular case as far as his defense attorneys.But if they are public defenders then yes they are paid for by taxpayers. So is his time in prison,too.That's why his 30 years on death row is absolutey ludicrious.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well bullets aren't prejudice, One to the back of the head should do him fine. The most disgusting thing i find here is that tax payers have been feeding and housing this guy for that long. I am a fan of death penalty for murderer's. Why should we have to pay for 3 hots and a cot for these people for the rest of their lives? Seems as if there could be money to be made in a prison system got to keep those numbers up. Just be done with them im pretty sure people will think twice about committing a violent crime or armed robbery if as soon as they are proven guilty with out a reasonable doubt their flame will be extinguished. Why should i care if he is comfortable dying? do you think he was worried about the guy he killed? Why do people show compassion for these drains on society?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Awww it might hurt the poor guy.Well maybe he should have thought about that before he killed someone.Maybe that hurt that person and their family when he murdered.I have no sympathy for people like this.You got your sentence let them carry it out buddy.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm guessing the guy must have been a former government employee. The phrase "too big to fail" keeps going through my head.

If the state wants to execute him, just spread the word that he is a snitch. Problem solved.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not that I am a death penalty advocate anylonger, but it is clear that a 40 cal. round to the brain will end his life no matter how fat he is or medical condition. There are millions of ways to kill that are pretty quick and painless.

Raist

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by k21968

my roommate and were having a discussion the other day about prisoners and death row and
as the room got more cloudy with smoke we start thinking of new ways to deal with killers as opposed to feeding and housing them for years and then spending even more $ to kill them. For the record i believe all men and women are responsible for there own actions and although i have many issues on how the Judaical system is ran and government in general. I believe if one is willing to kill they must be ready to be killed. Anyway i suggested that instead of feeding and paying to kill them years later we should simply find a series of uninhabited islands that provide the necessity of life(food, water, shelter) and place them there to live off the land with no way to get off and security measures in place to keep them on the island which i assure u would be way cheaper than our current system. Now mind you this island is only for people that are on death row. Here is the kicker, those on death row would have a choice stay in the system and be killed by or government for there crimes or go to this island and live freely, but in order to gain freedom they had to go head to head with a hungry predator capable of killing a man( or in some cases packs of predators, wolves and such) in an arena and there only weapon is a bowie knife, there choice of predator and had one day to prepare on the island. If they live and proceed to kill the predator they gain freedom to live the rest there lives on the island providing for themselves and there first meal would be there fresh kill(so the animal was not killed for sport only) If they lose they die and become a meal. oh yeah this is all on pay per view so this makes money instead of spending money.

about the fat guy though he would a a good meal for a pack of wolves.
edit on 19-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

Not a bad idea. But, I bet if you exhale, then returned to add punctuation, you'll find you've constructed a cogent argument. Personallly, I'd love an island of people like me - we could all leave each other the hell alone together. I'll sit to your right while you pass that sucker...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Sociopaths are smart. They are always thinking steps ahead of what an average person would normally think. Are you sure he's not trying to avoid his sentence because of the fact he broke the exercise bike under his own weight? Maybe he knew it would break, and decided to give it a shot just so people would actually think he wants to go through with his sentence. Just good old classic reverse psychology. He 30 years to think of something, and I'm pretty sure he is more clever than what he seems.

Your post is full of assumptions and pointing to no facts at all.

Sociopaths are smart- where is the evidence that he is a Sociopath? Before you point to his crime- not all killers are Sociopaths.

Maybe he knew he would break the exercise bike? Again that is an assumption, and a very poor one. If you read the article you would know that he rode that bike until it broke under his weight, and he attempted to get gastric bypass surgery- which was denied. Now why would a person who is attempting to weasel his way out of his sentence, offer a solution that would 100% for sure make sure he lost weight?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes the gallows.

I was reading the history of torture.... yes, there is a whole body of work on govt/religious/cultural/etc related torture and execution from recorded time, what is does and doesnt do, etc. I was reading it to learn as in applying to our "issue" with waterboarding and impacts ( neg and pos) on society, culture, future, etc. Anyway, there was an obese man who was hanged in London late 1700s and it was recorded.. his head popped off. They took into account a stronger and more loops in rope noose.. but didnt bet on the fragility of the cervical vertebrae versus 300+ lbs. The crowd felt sorely cheated. Much more humane than the "dangling" hangings that were the norm. So-called "trap door" hangings that are fast and break the neck are relatively recent.. slow agonizing painful compression strangulation with feet off the ground or barely on tiptoes before an audience was the flavor for most hangings. SO much the norm that the families would hang on the condemned's legs to hasten death out of mercy. Then whats mercy? Living with the threat of death over your head in a tiny cell when youre huge for decades or getting your head popped off on the gallows?? Id take the latter.

Execution .. even punishment.. can be simple, there are those who want to make it torture for their own reasons. SIckening cruelty wrapped in "mercy" gets on my nerves. Its also amusing from recorded time to present how murderers and those deserving of removal from civilized society all of a sudden become concerned with cruelty and pain when it is suddenly the prospect of their own. There are several instances of people who the chair or needle has been less than effective. His point is only the academics of it as far as Im concerned.. there are many many ways to off the human refuse with little cost. Most sociopaths count on pinging the heartstrings of certain types when it suits them .

I have turned from a socially liberal no death penalty whiner to a one bullet to the back of the head sort of jerk. For some, Id even volunteer my finger to pull the trigger. Clean executions have fallen out of favor.. I wonder why ( rhetorical question) when committing someone to daily torture in gladiator school for their lifetime seems by far much more cruelty coming from the one(s) administering this punishment than simply administering a swift death. The terms "repeat offender" "time for good behavior" or "early release" shouldnt exist in many instances. Ive been bashed on here and elsewhere for my views on the things surrounding this.. I can tell you that I really dont care, if I MURDER someone feel free to KILL me... even if I claim to have gotten Jesus or have been rehabilitated.. or have become to fat to fry. Im not going to pretend to be an elevated higher being philosophically for stars and online friends . Walk in my shoes, see what Ive seen, feel what Ive felt, and get back to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Sociopaths are smart. They are always thinking steps ahead of what an average person would normally think. Are you sure he's not trying to avoid his sentence because of the fact he broke the exercise bike under his own weight? Maybe he knew it would break, and decided to give it a shot just so people would actually think he wants to go through with his sentence. Just good old classic reverse psychology. He 30 years to think of something, and I'm pretty sure he is more clever than what he seems.

Your post is full of assumptions and pointing to no facts at all.

Sociopaths are smart- where is the evidence that he is a Sociopath? Before you point to his crime- not all killers are Sociopaths.

Maybe he knew he would break the exercise bike? Again that is an assumption, and a very poor one. If you read the article you would know that he rode that bike until it broke under his weight, and he attempted to get gastric bypass surgery- which was denied. Now why would a person who is attempting to weasel his way out of his sentence, offer a solution that would 100% for sure make sure he lost weight?

He'd do best with firing squad... without taking the time to lose the weight. Quick, less risk, swift resolution. I do believe that some states still offer this as a choice, though most prefer to die in their sleep

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Call up General Wesley Clark.

He'll let the prison system borrow a Tank to shoot him with. He's loaned out Army assets before to kill Americans....(WACO).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join